• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

2B is a pretty bad anti air if not spaced right for yuki since its a upward fan toss. Also there a chance the persona takes the hit since its always out and fans do not take away a p card away off slabs.

Yuki best AA is 5A, 236C/D if spaced right, and fans. But I believe most of them lose to it. I think DP (baitable) is my only option beside blocking.

Also is slabs/labs auto combo safe on block? I can't seem to punish it at all.

I see. I didn't know B threw her fans since I haven't played her yet. If you can find a way to punish it then that's one less thing to worry about.

Hit shadow lab after the second attack, the 3rd is slow as shit

Does Shadow Labrys have all the same moves as normal Labrys except for the persona and IK?

Noi

These are the most fucking uphill battles I've done all day.
KuGsj.gif

I think I might try her out tomorrow or Friday. I have a good handle on Labrys so I think I should be able to learn the Shadow version a bit easier since there's some carry over.

BlackJace

I haven't found a way to make the enhanced SP Skills useful. I always go for vanilla.
With the exception of Naoto's Double Fang.

Astral

I haven't found a way to make the enhanced SP Skills useful. I always go for vanilla.
With the exception of Naoto's Double Fang.

Do they have different properties or something? They're just the same move but more powerful right? I guess they're good if you have the SP and you can up your damage.

Gee, I thought I was going to be cool and play Akihiko instead of Yu like so many others. But it seems Akihiko is pretty popular, on the Level Up stream anyways. It's gotta be the cape.

2B is a pretty bad anti air if not spaced right for yuki since its a upward fan toss. Also there a chance the persona takes the hit since its always out and fans do not take away a p card away off slabs.

Yuki best AA is 5A, 236C/D if spaced right, and fans. But I believe most of them lose to it. I think DP (baitable) is my only option beside blocking.

Also is slabs/labs auto combo safe on block? I can't seem to punish it at all.

Where at? I'm northridge.

Lots of SoCal peeps, eh? Santa Clarita, here.

Noi

Good shit Q. That was a lot of fun, I expected those matches to be way more free than that, even if I did lose 1-4.

Teknoman

Gee, I thought I was going to be cool and play Akihiko instead of Yu like so many others. But it seems Akihiko is pretty popular, on the Level Up stream anyways. It's gotta be the cape.

And the fact that if you get in close, it seems like its lights out for the opponent :p

Cape is awesome though.

EDIT: Whats with the skulls on Yu's display? I know Akihiko's cyclone gauge ups the type of effect a move has, but cant figure this one out.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm talking about the normals/non-persona specials - arm.

I noticed she doesn't have axe levels so I'm guessing the properties stay the same throughout the match.

shadow lab only has the axe on the ground and axe in the air, no arm. Her normals have different properties as well, she can only do one 2a, she cant cancel her sweep into anything and so on.

Good shit Q. That was a lot of fun, I expected those matches to be way more free than that, even if I did lose 1-4.
I was testing stuff :p I still dont have much yukiko exp so I was seeing what beat out what instead of trying to lame you out all day lol

Whats with the skulls on Yu's display? I know Akihiko's cyclone gauge ups the type of effect a move has, but cant figure this one out.
That's from Naoto, it's her death counter

BlackJace

Do they have different properties or something? They're just the same move but more powerful right? I guess they're good if you have the SP and you can up your damage.

Most are much quicker in accordance with a damage boost. It's something I can definitely see being useful, but I just never think about them. Naoto's enhanced Double Fang makes vanilla almost useless, so I roll with that primarily.

Onemic

Epic Mitsu matches with godsbeard GG. you bounced as soon as you beat me after though haha. I see dat salt

I never knew you could have a round 4 in this game lol.

And I've officially forgotten 75% of my combos, gotta hit the lab again.

shadow lab only has the axe on the ground and axe in the air, no arm. Her normals have different properties as well, she can only do one 2a, she cant cancel her sweep into anything and so on.

Yeah, I meant minus the arm.

I'll figure this stuff out soon enough anyway.

I'm kind of interested in learning Naoto as well.

I've never seen one get someone's counters down to 0 and ending with a mudo.

Esura

Banned
Good game to SarumanU (I keep forgetting the U part).

I still suck hard. I can't read Teddie's drill good so its either go all out or bust when I picked Mitsuru. I like her btw. Simple and clean.

Busaiku

Good game to SarumanU (I keep forgetting the U part).

I still suck hard. I can't read Teddie's drill good so its either go all out or bust when I picked Mitsuru. I like her btw. Simple and clean.

Man, it's a good thing I played so many times.
Hope I don't fall for that same stuff again.

GGs to everybody, it was a fun first night online! Finally got a couple games, I'm pretty behind everybody.

Q, it's fun figuring out SLab, I kept getting hit by stuff I didn't understand lol

Now finals are over I'll finally be able to dedicate some time to learning this thing, so far I've only had about an hour or two of training mode and a handful of online games. Time to step it up ^_^

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
GGs to everybody, it was a fun first night online! Finally got a couple games, I'm pretty behind everybody.

Q, it's fun figuring out SLab, I kept getting hit by stuff I didn't understand lol

Now finals are over I'll finally be able to dedicate some time to learning this thing, so far I've only had about an hour or two of training mode and a handful of online games. Time to step it up ^_^

Yeah once you figure out the match more it will become hell for me :p

Yeah once you figure out the match more it will become hell for me :p

I think I was starting to do ok towards the end, but figuring out what is what is a big problem right now and made me resort to a fuckton of jump jabs. Once I start getting matchups down and a feel for what's safe and not, I'll be more comfortable with Mitsuru moving around. First order of business is get experience, then train people to eat a mixup. So hard to use her point blank stuff when I'm running away all day lol

Also, bursts are punishable?

Onemic

ugh too tired...cant practice anymore...

I have finals in a week so I really shouldnt even be playing this game anymore now.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
No more word from Atlus about the 360 fix other than they're currently working on it?

Yuripaw

Banned
I never really got a satisfactory answer about this earlier in the thread. I had commented on how Kanji's story mode seemed kinda useless and boring, and someone else had said that it was worth it just to see his interactions with Naoto.

This kinda confused me, because I played through all of Kanji's story mode, and I never saw Naoto. I thought all the fights were scripted in the story mode, or is there a second part to each character's story that gets unlocked, even after you get the "to be continued"?

Sophia

I never really got a satisfactory answer about this earlier in the thread. I had commented on how Kanji's story mode seemed kinda useless and boring, and someone else had said that it was worth it just to see his interactions with Naoto.

This kinda confused me, because I played through all of Kanji's story mode, and I never saw Naoto. I thought all the fights were scripted in the story mode, or is there a second part to each character's story that gets unlocked, even after you get the "to be continued"?

Kanji's story mode has multiple routes in it.

It depends on when you wake him up from his "dream", if you chose to at all. Don't "wake" him up, and you get some hilariously awesome and cute scenes with Naoto as part of his gag ending.

Also of course if you haven't completed the universal requirement (
That is, you need to finish Labyrs's story mode
) for the true ending you'll get the To Be Continued normal end instead of the True Ending.

Yuripaw

Banned
Kanji's story mode has multiple routes in it.

It depends on when you wake him up from his "dream", if you chose to at all. Don't "wake" him up, and you get some hilariously awesome and cute scenes with Naoto as part of his gag ending.

Also of course if you haven't completed the universal requirement (
That is, you need to finish Labyrs's story mode
) for the true ending you'll get the To Be Continued normal end instead of the True Ending.

Wait, do you mean
that once you beat Labyrs's story, that if you play through the other character's stories again, that you can see their true endings? and that you don't get a to be continued?

Sophia

Wait, do you mean
that once you beat Labyrs's story, that if you play through the other character's stories again, that you can see their true endings? and that you don't get a to be continued?

Correct. Infact, once you've done that, select the character's story again and you'll get an option to
continue from the cliffhanger.

Silver Medal = Normal End. Gold Medal = True End. You should get an achievement for the true end too.

Also, as for Kanji's story mode.
I do recommend getting his gag ending. It's hilariously awesome. I was dying there from laughter.

Alfredo

Kanji's dream story is so good. Keep that guy dreaming. :)

Yuripaw

Banned
Kanji's dream story is so good. Keep that guy dreaming. :)

So there are multiple paths in this game... I had no idea if that would be the case. My friend who enjoys the Blazblue games told me that those games had those in the story mode, but since there weren't many dialogue choices, I didn't think there would be any diversion.

Top Bottom