• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm so free during matchup awareness season.

Labrys cocking back with the axe and I'm freeeeeeeeeee

Kellen

Got the game on PS3 but I don't have a stick for it yet because I've been playing all my fighters on xbox. I must say it's awfully weird playing on a pad when you haven't used one for a fighting game in such a long time.

With that said I'm still having lots of fun and the game kicks ass!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Labrys cocking back with the axe and I'm freeeeeeeeeee

You mean her super? Don't block or block mid (though I don't think that works) jump over it and punch her as soon as she goes. She can't cancel it.

ShaLabrys'? Block low.

Easy super to counter once you know what you're doing.

DY_nasty

You mean her super? Don't block or block mid (though I don't think that works) jump over it and punch her as soon as she goes. She can't cancel it.

ShaLabrys'? Block low.

Easy super to counter once you know what you're doing.

Cool. As onemic and others could tell you, I don't mind eating a few axes to learn something the hard way (like Mitsuru's whip. I JUKE DAT NOW).

I spent probably too much time practicing against the comp and I'm only used to dealing witth Yu for the most part. Akihiko's pressure doesn't really change - but the openings provided in each matchup are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different. Especially if you're trying to make use of the counters and instant blocks. Which I still suck at.

OceanBlue

certain char can dash cancel their normals. Yu and Chie are the ones off the top of my head that can do that.

Yukiko can also jump cancel her 5A string

Ah, okay. I knew there were jump cancels, but I didn't know there were dash cancels. Not really used to those at all to be honest. Incorporating those into my game is going to be difficult...

Onemic

ggs man, I forgot all my combos as well, even that crossup I kept doing I forgot at times.

I think Mitsu has one of the best IK's in the game

Noi

air command grabbing Kanjis don't know shit about my j.D

Edit: 10 game streak with Labrys now. Only real fight so far has been against another Labrys.

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Naoto tried to instant kill me instead I got a free 50% heal. THANK YOU GOOD SIR

edit

Saving that replay. Holy shit that was golden.

LProtag

GGs

The 2Bs were catching me off guard for a while but they're completely unsafe on whiff so I got some free combos after a while lol

Yeah, I have to try not to rely on it. It's just such a good move. Too bad I only pulled off a full combo with a super cancel a few times, like once really, heh.

And every time I hit with that overhead move I kept doing a 2B like an idiot, even though I was just practicing a dash 2B>5C launcher for an air combo off of that move.

Clearly I need to work on actually doing that in a match, haha.

mollipen

But jumping to the worst possible conclusion is more fun!

To be fair, "run away all gay" is something that some people would absolutely say. But, not knowing giancarlo123x well enough to know if that's something he would or wouldn't say, I apologize for having assumed the negative of the two options.

Noi

Yeah, I barely know one Labrys BnB, but I'm getting by with a barrage of constant high low mix-ups. They have to guess wrong at some point!

Judderman

drawer by drawer
So I'm thinking of picking this up, but I'm worried about the netcode on 360. Have they fixed it?

I want to get my Teddie on.

Noi

So I'm thinking of picking this up, but I'm worried about the netcode on 360. Have they fixed it?

I want to get my Teddie on.

p4arena_faithful_patched_1.jpg

SUPARSTARX approved.

DY_nasty

Yeah, I barely know one Labrys BnB, but I'm getting by with a barrage of constant high low mix-ups. They have to guess wrong at some point!

same

i got about 3 or 4 go-to combos for akihiko, but i'm getting by on mixups, mindgames, and an expendable persona

ppl go for caesar like i give a fuck lol
Is there anyway to punish yu's slide?

It's annoying getting hit by the last frame of it and then getting supered.

who are you using?

Top Bottom