• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I mainly use kanji when I'm going against a Yu.

I'm guessing I should take perorist's advice and spam 2a.

You don't really need to go for a homerun against that move. Just wait it out - its almost always a product of 5aaaaa right? Its coming, and its coming again. Get the timing down.

Actually, its probably great to just go into training mode and get used to it there since the AI loooooooves that (along with D shenanigans)

300 challenges done and that's about as far as I'll go. I've pretty much hit the wall for what I'm able to do with everyone. Still need to fully complete one character's challenges, maybe I'll just do Kanji or Shlab for that.

Got my first win online against a scummy Naoto who spammed auto combo, but I was able to wreck it with AIGIS. I found out that her furious action also switches in and out of Orgia mode so it's now way easier to finish a combo into megido fire or pandora missile.

I might just quit rank after reclaiming B rank now. These one set matches are so stupid at times and are almost no fun when you lose to wake up super. Went from B to a C. Thankfully it was mostly due to a naoto that was really good especially with corner combos so I can appreciate the player's skills.

Got my first win online against a scummy Naoto who spammed auto combo, but I was able to wreck it with AIGIS. I found out that her furious action also switches in and out of Orgia mode so it's now way easier to finish a combo into megido fire or pandora missile.

Isn't Aigis great? I didn't care for her in FES, but I played around with her and am having soooo much fun. Styling on people with j.B to force them into the corner and do soe Orgia stuff is some of the most insane fun I have had in a fighting game. I really want to put more time into her, but Yukio has my devotion!

LProtag

I'm so close to finishing Yu's challenges...just need to finish the last one. My wrist hurts. :|

Jeeze man. I'm only up to 21 and I couldn't do 19 yet, haha.

What's your BnB right now? I'm trying to do 2B > 5B > 5C > 214D > OMC > 214B > (dash) 5B > 5C > j.B > (jc) j.B > j.C > 214A but it's going to be a while. The OMC into 214B is a really small window.

SUPARSTARX

Too adorable

BXYN0.jpg

cj_iwakura

I think I played against you today? My Xbox get is iRAWRasaurus

Lol been trying to learn Liz. Anyone has any good combos? N tips?

I'm by no means skilled, but I like following up her A,A,A,A combo with another Bufudyne(214A) then a Ziodyne(236A), cheap but effective.

Also, will we be having a separate thread for the tourney tonight or regulating it here?

Teknoman

Is there anyway to do that back and forth boomerang hook with Aki, aside from his auto combo?

Also I need to get in on some PSN lobbies tonight to get better with Teddie, Aki, Yu, and Kanji.

Yep he admitted to pirating P4A. A sponsored player who won evo admit on stream with archives that he pirates games because he doesn't want to support the community. Would be funny if somebody blew this up on complexity. I'm sure all the sponsors would love their representative to openly admit that he is pirating games.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I don't know. He plays Phoenix so I don't trust him. Did he admit to pirating P4A?

I'm having trouble doing dashes in between normal attacks. It's something I could never do in any fighting games, inputting that 66 really fast after an attack. Any tips? ;_;

burning it to a disc and placing it in a hacked xbox. yup

Ken

I'm seeing lots of argot. How's the game? Is it fun? Approachable? "Deep"? Story mode any good?

Game is all those things. It helps that everything is QCF and QCB motions so if you do those you can do things! The game gets as deep as you want it to, but it stays fun at all levels, IMO.

I haven't touched the story mode yet because I'm waiting for P4G on Vita so it's all versus and training mode for me.

Top Bottom