• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Man, I cant even beat poorfate with a character he's never used before ;_; Got baptized by that IK, first time I've seen a Naoto IK before.

*one foot on the train out of Inaba* What's this? Junpei can't dodge an Insta-kill!?

*grabs cell-phone* Honey, I may be a little late on getting home. I may not be a family man just yet...

Man, I cant even beat poorfate with a character he's never used before ;_; Got baptized by that IK, first time I've seen a Naoto IK before.

You need to combo more. Your blocking was good towards the end as my regular low/high/low combo wasn't working anymore.

You poked me a lot of times but you need to turn that into big damage.

Like with Labrys if I get a hit in I can usually follow it up for 5k(red axe) damage or something like that.

At the moment I can only get to 4k with Naoto and that's in training mode vs a stationary target.

Vs actual players I can only do some basic BnB's that I mess up half the time.

Onemic, I would recommend checking out dustloop and learning some basic combo's there. Combo's are really the fastest way to end people, especially large ones.

Like in Blazblue online people usually die if they are hit about 3 times because those 3 opportunities are turned into combo's for usually 1/3 to half someone's life. Unless your Tager/Hakumen maybe.

"How many P4 Arena's do we have left in our warehouse?"

unLQ1.jpg

Not sure if I expected that answer lol.

That's pretty damn awesome though.

BlackJace

So, stupid me found out that pounce-spamming Kanji's can be continuously punished by using Yu's furious action.

Now, the only characters I have left to figure out are powered up Yosukes and Teddies.

Onemic

You need to combo more. Your blocking was good towards the end as my regular low/high/low combo wasn't working anymore.

You poked me a lot of times but you need to turn that into big damage.

Like with Labrys if I get a hit in I can usually follow it up for 5k(red axe) damage or something like that.

At the moment I can only get to 4k with Naoto and that's in training mode vs a stationary target.

Vs actual players I can only do some basic BnB's that I mess up half the time.

Onemic, I would recommend checking out dustloop and learning some basic combo's there. Combo's are really the fastest way to end people, especially large ones.

Like in Blazblue online people usually die if they are hit about 3 times because those 3 opportunities are turned into combo's for usually 1/3 to half someone's life. Unless your Tager/Hakumen maybe.

I know Mitsus basic BnB combos, but Im just not at the point that I can bust them out on the fly just whenever. Her 5A also doesn't lead into big damage if you follow it into a combo, the best one does about 1.7k dmg and you have to be relatively close to them to get it. Her most damaging ones come off of JD and 5D which require mid-full screen, and her sweep in the corner. And I dont have the spacing down perfectly for either. Usually if I try a 5D, which is rare, the opponent is running the moment I do it causing it to whiff and for me to eat a chunk of dmg.

Sophia

"How many P4 Arena's do we have left in our warehouse?"

unLQ1.jpg

Not sure if I expected that answer lol.

That's pretty damn awesome though.

lawls. Way to brag it up Atlus. >_>;

Good for them, however. Every bit deserved.

Guess I'll jump back on in a bit, now that I've got food in my stomach and I'm not so pissed at real life people bothering me anymore. I still have a few story modes left to clear. :S

I know Mitsus basic BnB combos, but Im just not at the point that I can bust them out on the fly just whenever. Her 5A also doesn't lead into big damage if you follow it into a combo, the best one does about 1.7k dmg and you have to be relatively close to them to get it. Her most damaging ones come off of JD and 5D which require mid-full screen, and her sweep in the corner. And I dont have the spacing down perfectly for either. Usually if I try a 5D, which is rare, the opponent is running the moment I do it causing it to whiff and for me to eat a chunk of dmg.

I see. It's something that takes time. I didn't learn all the stuff I know about Labrys at once. Took some time going back and forth from the lab and real games to solidify my playstyle for her.

BiggNife

I am so awful at this game

I tried playing randoms online and lost like a dozen times in a row

I kind of still want to stick with Yukiko even though I keep losing with her :(

Onemic

I see. It's something that takes time. I didn't learn all the stuff I know about Labrys at once. Took some time going back and forth from the lab and real games to solidify my playstyle for her.

And now according to beard I know none of her mixups. My crossup shit I was doing was all wrong! :( And the thing about her best combos at least for me, is that they either require proper spacing (for JD and 5D) or a mixup of some sort (her sweep combos in the corner)

So does the fact that they have zero units in their warehouse mean anything? I was going to wait for this to go below $60, but now I'm worried it might become hard to come by.

EVOL 100%

When I posted the picture of the Blazblue level on GameFAQs, a few people thought it was shopped. The Blazblue level popped up a few minutes ago again, so I made sure to record a longer video for those curious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBIbE3-eavg&feature=youtu.be

I'm guessing that this is evidence that Persona 4 Arena is basically built off BlazBlue's engine.

Not that we actually needed evidence to know that, but you know.

Dr_Faust

Neo Member
Any tips i can have to do supers more consistently on a pad? I fail even when the inputs displayed on screen in training mode is correct.

Should i execute 214 214 then B or 214 214 pressing B at the same time as 4? I can do 236 lot easier then 214.

EVOL 100%

Yosukes are actually easier for me to handle. Those megido traps sure are handy.

Narukamis and Teddies on the other hand make me throw my controller.

BlackJace

Fighting my shadow in Arcade mode was an awesome surprise. Those golden eyes mixed with the faded silhouette....creepy shit.

Top Bottom