• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Kyou

So question for Yukiko players - what the fuck do I do when I'm stuck in a corner? I've ran into a ton of matches (especially against Akihikos) when I'm doing good and holding my own but I get hit once and slammed into a corner and then I'm basically fucked. I've tried airdashing out but this doesn't work all the time, especially with akihiko's nonstop punches. Am I totally screwed if I've already used my Burst?

yeah, I'd like to know this too

Grifter

starting doing real combos today, lost to everyone I've beaten all week with AAAAAAA. anyone want to play on 360 now? grifter 181

Noi

I don't like waiting around when nobody has mics. I get bored really fast.

I was going to pop my mic once once you mentioned that hours ago during one of my breaks, but that made me realize that my PS3 mic doesn't work anymore. :/

Lost to RoeBear's Aki completely free, haha.

starting doing real combos today, lost to everyone I've beaten all week with AAAAAAA. anyone want to play on 360 now? grifter 181

I can't right now since it's past midnight and everyone is sleeping, but we should have 360 GAF lobby tomorrow night don't you think guys?

Noi

That tourney was fun, but I think I'm done doing more than just the occasional casual lobbies. I want to fucking play Story mode already without worrying about other people getting better.
KuGsj.gif

RoeBear

Nice job Q. I need to get better with Yosuke right now I'm just running gimmicks. Akihiko vs. Yukiko matches I try to never give them an inch, mainly because I hate those fans.

So question for Yukiko players - what the fuck do I do when I'm stuck in a corner? I've ran into a ton of matches (especially against Akihikos) when I'm doing good and holding my own but I get hit once and slammed into a corner and then I'm basically fucked. I've tried airdashing out but this doesn't work all the time, especially with akihiko's nonstop punches. Am I totally screwed if I've already used my Burst?

Fuck I hit back after typing everything

You have several universal options

On knockdown
1) tech asap
2) late tech
3) no tech

on wakeup
1) dp
2) awakening super
3) block

If you play yukiko you need a solid def. Try not to rely on dp as a reversal. When I first played I didn't dp at all until I fought Aigis. My defense is really mediocre. It can be amazing one match then utter garbage the next. You have to rely on visual ques and reads most importantly. Before I was freeeee to AoA, but now its like a 70/30 chance I block them.

You also can learn certain char matchups.

For instance for Lab her auto combo is safe on block and unpunishable. But there is a gap that you can dp through if they mash AAAAAA all day. You can also awakening super but that is a very tight window (if you fuck up you get fatal counter, and its a 2-4 frame window I believe).

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That tourney was fun, but I think I'm done doing more than just the occasional casual lobbies. I want to fucking play Story mode already without worrying about other people getting better.
KuGsj.gif

Go play story mode, you can play me after you clear it for a few hours and you'll wake back up.

Noi

For instance for Lab her auto combo is safe on block and unpunishable. But there is a gap that you can dp through if they mash AAAAAA all day. You can also awakening super but that is a very tight window (if you fuck up you get fatal counter, and its a 2-4 frame window I believe).

Nailing you in the head with Guillotine Aerial B through Maragidyne is still my favorite moment of the whole tournament, lol.

Instant Kill aside, anyway. ;Dp

Nailing you in the head with Guillotine Aerial B through Maragidyne is still my favorite moment of the whole tournament, lol.

Instant Kill aside, anyway. ;Dp

If I had hp it would be a trade in my favor =(. I mistimes the invul frames considering how small it is.

If I was smarter I could of dodge that IK and punish that full screen super (I was retarded and thought fans would trade and win).

MechaX

Day 4 and well.. I think the game is starting to gel with me a little more. I was still losing in some player matches, but I didn't feel as helpless as I did before. And I actually managed to rank up to C (in which, I'm quitting while I'm ahead until I can get some more combos down).

I feel bad; I really wanted to learn Aigis but she was just beyond me at that point (not only learning her, but also getting adjusted to the arcade stick). But Naoto has been a blast to play. Even managed to get an IK in a ranked match.

... Now I just need to finish her challenges and learn her more complicated combos.

Day 4 and well.. I think the game is starting to gel with me a little more. I was still losing in some player matches, but I didn't feel as helpless as I did before. And I actually managed to rank up to C (in which, I'm quitting while I'm ahead until I can get some more combos down).

I feel bad; I really wanted to learn Aigis but she was just beyond me at that point (not only learning her, but also getting adjusted to the arcade stick). But Naoto has been a blast to play. Even managed to get an IK in a ranked match.

... Now I just need to finish her challenges and learn her more complicated combos.

Grats you're good/bad as me!
demoted from a B QQ

FSLink

Banned
So are these tourneys gonna be a weekly thing? If so we should make it a ranbat or something.

I'll try to do something weekly (I'm off next week though, so expect another one), though with me being in the Navy and working odd days, I'm always on break on random days, lol. I'm also interested in streaming other games weekly too more often, but mostly Persona 4 Arena and UMvC3.

Plus yeah I know I need to come up with some overlays and see if I can increase the picture quality on the stream too.

I'm scared of ruining my percentage! I honestly don't even get how online matches start. Somehow I was able to get into a couple matches, but then randomly I ended up in a room watching people fight.

I'm seeing so many incomprehensible user titles online. Like 3 adjectives and nothing else. I didn't have a lot of options but I was able to make mine: Ironheart Axe Chief.

Noi

I'm seeing so many incomprehensible user titles online. Like 3 adjectives and nothing else. I didn't have a lot of options but I was able to make mine: Ironheart Axe Chief.

Mine used to be "Fried Chicken Practicing Harmony". Now it's "I want Foamy Fuuka Yamagishi". :)

Eh who cares, just play
so you'll get better. A high percentage won't mean anything anyways if you play someone you know and can't back it up with actual skills

I dunno, looking at my 15 win streak with 100 win percentage with Labrys today felt pretty good. Then I got beaten by a scumbag dive grabbing Kanji. :(

cj_iwakura

I'm scared of ruining my percentage! I honestly don't even get how online matches start. Somehow I was able to get into a couple matches, but then randomly I ended up in a room watching people fight.

Simple here too: Contract de Night.

Top Bottom