• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Solune

why is mitsuru's poke so godlike
Because, a goddess needs an appropriate attack
I'm having trouble doing dashes in between normal attacks. It's something I could never do in any fighting games, inputting that 66 really fast after an attack. Any tips? ;_;

This is actually THE hardest thing for me to do in combos in BB. You can't buffer the dash. You'll have to time the dash, I don't really find mashing 66 to help either.

Sophia

I imagine that Elizabeth player I just played is wondering "What the hell just happened?"

I was still sleepy in the first round, but I woke up enough to effortlessly win the third one.

Ken

You have a small frame of time to dash and hit with 5A again. (labrys right?).

You input 66 right as you are able to dash so when you do the second 6 the first is already buffered and you dash on the frame you are able. For 5AA>66>5A you should be hitting the second 6 right when the axe goes up to it's idle position above her head.

It will take a while to get the timing down.

Mashing doesn't work, you have to be precise to get it consistently.

That will only work on axe levels 4-5.

So basically I need a level of finesse I don't have. ;_;

Mesoian

CHRIST. Every Mitsuru is just spamming a online. No skill, no rhyme or reason, just spamming it and winning because most of the cast is to slow to stop it and she doesn't seem to have any non safe breaks!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
CHRIST. Every Mitsuru is just spamming a online. No skill, no rhyme or reason, just spamming it and winning because most of the cast is to slow to stop it and she doesn't seem to have any non safe breaks!

Block. Once they waste meter with that SP skill at the end of the combo, punish hard and don't let up.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

I think her autocombo is fairly unsafe on block until the 4th or 5th strike, which pushes her out anyway. Also, coup is negative on block.

Sophia

Oh my god.

Elizabeth just sang this for her win.

I think she said "large nose" not white, given that's what she says in story mode. =P

Elizabeth and Naoto players have quickly become my worst matchup, on the other hand, Akihiko players are usually dead.

cj_iwakura

I think she said "large nose" not white, given that's what she says in story mode. =P

Elizabeth and Naoto players have quickly become my worst matchup, on the other hand, Akihiko players are usually dead.

Akihiko and Aigis seem pretty free to me. I'm terrified of Naotos and Kanjis.

Beats

Been playing against Chie quite a bit with Yukiko and wow at the damage of her raw dragon kick. I need to stop rushing in on her in the air.

Ken

Welp, time for me to pack it up and go home and be a family man. No way am I beating you, ever.

It should motivate you to get to S++ rank then!

Also, after a few minutes in the training mode I think I'm getting the hang of the 66 thing. Instead of looking at her axe though I've been looking at her legs. omnomnom

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Welp, time for me to pack it up and go home and be a family man. No way am I beating you, ever.

lol if it makes you feel better prototype never played 2d fighters much before picking up BB and playing me in it all day. Losing = winning in the long run :p

LProtag

Dude, keep practicing you'll get better. I suck and I'm finding that every day I'm able to do something I couldn't before that makes me smile. Today I was in training mode for like an hour just doing the final half of a combo that's supposed to be my BnB. I still can't do it reliably, but yesterday I couldn't do it at all.

Maybe some people are just naturally good and improve quickly, but I'd assume most people take a while.

This is all the same stuff I'm telling myself. Do I want to get good? I better keep practicing. Do I find what little progress I'm making to be enough to make me feel better about how I'm doing? If not, maybe I should just stop entirely. I want to be good though and I know it's going to take a while.

Just relax.

Onemic

haha I'm very beatable man, I still don't consider my Mitsuru decent by any means, her IK is just really good and one of the only viable ones in the game. Pressing a button = death.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If it makes you feel better I got B today then lost it and got demoted back to C =X

I've played like 25 matches in ranked and haven't gotten past F-. There's no way I'm ever going to get to C at this rate of losses. :/

Selvaria

I've played like 25 matches in ranked and haven't gotten past F-. There's no way I'm ever going to get to C at this rate of losses. :/

I also got to a B and got demoted down to C... What I don't really like is that increasing your grade is all about getting win streaks it seems.

Sophia

Think I'm officially done with Aigis. Got steamrolled several matches in a row. Went in as Yukiko and scored a win right off the match. The learning curve isn't worth it.

Top Bottom