• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Since when the heck was my Aigis good? I steamrolled one person at best in any given GAF lobby. That's hardly "good."

Just learn how to pop up into spinny fire shit land motor relaunch do it again and you'll be fine. It even lets you get a free 50/50 mix up after

Since when the heck was my Aigis good? I steamrolled one person at best in any given GAF lobby. That's hardly "good."

o you're going ot play yukiko? HAVE FUNNNNNNNNN

Playing yukiko is pretty much make the right choices 10-15 times to win. Make 3-4 mistake against an Akihiko, Chie, Slab, Lab and you die. Its so rewarding when you win, but so infuriating when you played right and all it took was one misinput or timing and then you eat a 50/50 mixup and die. The best I've done against Chie/Aki/Yu players is basically non-stop pressure and walk them into a corner. Then its just pressure city with 5A, 2A, 5C, 2C, 3D, and etc. Though Yu/Mitsu can get out of that easy with their DP, it just means you have to bait it. One of the simplest ways to bait it is run forward then jump back. You wouldn't believe how many times I have baited DPs from Yu like that.

Why is ranked bullshit?

1 game isn't enough to see who is a better player. I lost to one yu, played him 4-5 times afterward and beat him FRAYYYY. 1 game is to small and you can't throwaway matches to read players.

Against some players you have to play "dumber" not smarter and for decent players its really frustrating.

Sophia

Why is ranked bullshit?

Also, still can't decide if I want to pick up the glasses DLC pack or change my gamertag. What do guys?

1 game isn't enough to see who is a better player. I lost to one yu, played him 4-5 times afterward and beat him FRAYYYY. 1 game is to small and you can't throwaway matches to read players.

Exactly. There's a reason tourney play is best 2 out of 3 matches. Plus the matchmaking system doesn't actually match you up with people of the correct skill level.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Glasses are glasses.

Why do you want to change your gamertag?

Dunno, just been considering it. I don't like the numbers in my old tag (t0mat03).

Glasses are indeed glasses. Anyone here pick up the glasses DLC?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Do player matches then. Do you have it set to play people near your PSR level?

Yes, but I keep getting C+ 0 PSR people when I'm 11 PSR. :/ It's really funky.

Ken said:
Are you on the PS3?

Yes, not that it matters since my connection is assy and won't let me play in player matches at the moment.

Salvaria said:
What I don't really like is that increasing your grade is all about getting win streaks it seems.

Win streaks? ...Well, I guess that's that.jpg

Because I get like 1 win and then 10 losses. 1 win, 10 losses. 1 win, four losses. :/

Exactly. There's a reason tourney play is best 2 out of 3 matches. Plus the matchmaking system doesn't actually match you up with people of the correct skill level.

good example was when I was playing against perorist. It took me a few games to adapt. When we first played it was 5-0 him with us having some close rounds.

Later on we played and we ended up 9-10 with me. Obviously something changed as it shows in the result.

Ken

Dunno, just been considering it. I don't like the numbers in my old tag (t0mat03).

Glasses are indeed glasses. Anyone here pick up the glasses DLC?

I picked up the glasses, colors, and all the navigators because I'm lazy.

The glasses are indeed glasses, which means they are really small and kind of not noticeable on the P4 cast. The artwork does get updated with glasses though!

Teddy navigator is pretty great though, as are some of the colors like Labrys with Aigis palette.

In the end, I feel ripped off but whatever. Lol.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

Against some players you have to play "dumber" not smarter and for decent players its really frustrating.

Why don't you start out playing dumb then?

Ken

Why wouldn't I? You can learn any other character in the game in a fraction of the time it takes to learn Aigis. It's just not worth it.

Might as well put more time into Aigis while everyone is learning those other characters so you can become best Aigis then.

just saw naoto's ik for the first time . . . used against me . . . such bullshit

can't do shit to punish, still managed to win though

Why wouldn't I? You can learn any other character in the game in a fraction of the time it takes to learn Aigis. It's just not worth it.

lololol, no

maybe some of them, but not any

and, this is still week 1, fighters take time, yo

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Because Aigis can actually kick ass. Ignore her IK and focus on her basics and specials like you should be doing for any other character anyway. Her bullets provide good spacing and "pokes" to open into Oergia mode to do damage quickly.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

Leave your Aigis avatar at the door

(really though FGs are always a WIP, not about results. If you're gonna get frustrated at not seeing winstreaks after a few days of play you won't have success with anyone)

Scratch

you seem to like aigis. seems like a shame to just give up. i know how you feel, being a rachel player from BB, but it really is quite rewarding once you work out all the kinks.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

Could it be... you have... buyer's remorse because you can't play Aigis?

I'm sorry, last time I promise!

Sloosha

For me, the hardest part of learning Aigis, so far, has been trying to get to grips with her movement in Orgia mode. I'm finding it pretty hard to confirm into combos atm.

Is it too late to enter the tournament? I didn't know we were having one and I guess someone should stop Q from getting free wins.

edit: oh it started already? thought it said 9 pst

Is it too late to enter the tournament? I didn't know we were having one and I guess someone should stop Q from getting free wins.

edit: oh it started already? thought it said 9 pst

if you want you can take my spot. I might have to leave for dinner half way through if it takes to long

Sophia

For me, the hardest part of learning Aigis, so far, has been trying to get to grips with her movement in Orgia mode. I'm finding it pretty hard to confirm into combos atm.

That's the least of my problems. I'm having difficulty playing defensive outside of Orgia mode.

Sophia

Throw out counter persona 2b on jumps? Orgia mode is now full... profit!

I freely admit I'm not in the best of moods today. Too many people calling over stupid shit. :\

It's impacting my performance in the GAF lobby right now. Bleh.

I'm out people in mondos's lobby. I'm just too pissed to play right now.

SerRodrik

Hmm, the chat window won't load for me on that Twitch stream, so obviously I won't be able to chat, but I'm still present and ready for my match.

akihiko mirror matches are so intense

don't even have time to call his persona(which is useless when fighting mirror anyways)

and I'm guessing the tournament is ps3 only right?

Onemic

Man, I cant even beat poorfate with a character he's never used before ;_; Got baptized by that IK, first time I've seen a Naoto IK before.

Top Bottom