• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

GGs to everyone who had the misfortune of running into my scrubby Velma.

Finally got knocked out of the tourney, but boy was it fun!

We should do these biweekly or something P4A-GAF! ;D

Think I might have seen some P3 easter egg in story mode for Aigis

The Shadow Operatives have a thin dude with a suit and a backwards cap. Is it JUNPEI?

And in Labrys story:

One of the scientists looks a lot like a young Mr Edogawa (Magic teacher). He talks but I don't think Edogawa ever had voice acting.

Noi

I made it to winner's final, and went 2/3 against Q, that' like 90% higher than I ever expected to place. Like hell am I winning 6 straight matches against Q if I win Loser's.
KuGsj.gif

Shouta

Finally got my copy today and been getting accustomed to the systems and the characters. I'm 28/30 on Naoto's challenges and spent a long time doing 28 because I couldn't get used to the timing on some of it but finally did it. woohoo.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Finally got my copy today and been getting accustomed to the systems and the characters. I'm 28/30 on Naoto's challenges and spent a long time doing 28 because I couldn't get used to the timing on some of it but finally did it. woohoo.

PS3 or 360?

Elizabeth challenge 30 is no bueno, hurts my head just thinking about trying to tackle that one. watched a youtube video and just gave up.

I'll show you some combos if you like.

And be glad you didn't see how badly Raging's Yosuke decimated me.

What's your BnB? Right now what I do is autocombo until Bufu, then either 5B, 2B, jC or 5B, 5C, 2C for reset. What's been getting me wins is mostly EX Zio and its paralysis >.>

cj_iwakura

What's your BnB? Right now what I do is autocombo until Bufu, then either 5B, 2B, jC or 5B, 5C, 2C for reset. What's been getting me wins is mostly EX Zio and its paralysis >.>

Sounds better than mine, I link it to 214A then 236A or something like that.

Also use Thanatos' 5D for pressure here and there. jC makes a good anti-air if you're airborne.

I'll show you some combos if you like.

And be glad you didn't see how badly Raging's Yosuke decimated me.

I don't play yosuke! yukiko =D.

Quick tip. You don't want to be full screen away nor do you want to be mid screen against her. If you give me midscreen I can pressure all day with 5A and persona calls. There is a sweet spot between midrange and melee where I believe Liz has the advantage.

cj_iwakura

Labrys players, never do that axe charging super against someone that can IK you.

God that felt awesome xD

Just did that to a Yosuke who tried to rush me down from the air.

Sweet vengeance!

I don't play yosuke! yukiko =D.

Quick tip. You don't want to be full screen away nor do you want to be mid screen against her. If you give me midscreen I can pressure all day with 5A and persona calls. There is a sweet spot between midrange and melee where I believe Liz has the advantage.

I usually have good luck punishing Yuki's fans with Ziodyne.

And yeah, I meant Bear's. :p

BiggNife

So question for Yukiko players - what the fuck do I do when I'm stuck in a corner? I've ran into a ton of matches (especially against Akihikos) when I'm doing good and holding my own but I get hit once and slammed into a corner and then I'm basically fucked. I've tried airdashing out but this doesn't work all the time, especially with akihiko's nonstop punches. Am I totally screwed if I've already used my Burst?

Top Bottom