• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
What?

I wonder if my JP PS3 is affecting the people I get matched up with in ranked. Feels like they're hella far away based on the lag.

We need more 360 players. PS3 is hella populated.

Tomat wants 360 people to play with cause there's already tons on PS3, lol.

Edit: speak of the-
I'll take this as yet another sign that I post way too much, :p

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm seeing so many incomprehensible user titles online. Like 3 adjectives and nothing else. I didn't have a lot of options but I was able to make mine: Ironheart Axe Chief.

Mine is "Phantom BBQ Bento Warrior". It makes me smile. :)

I'm getting more comfortable with Labrys now and have a pretty good win rate right now in unranked, but I'm still not 100% comfortable with the movement options in the game... Changing the controls was the best thing I could have done. Seriously. Switching to a more traditional layout made instantaneous improvements to my gameplay.

I'm seeing so many incomprehensible user titles online. Like 3 adjectives and nothing else. I didn't have a lot of options but I was able to make mine: Ironheart Axe Chief.

Mine used to be "Fried Chicken Practicing Harmony". Now it's "I want Foamy Fuuka Yamagishi". :)

Simple here too: Contract de Night.

I didn't have much to choose from, but I did the best I could with it, so I'm SolarKnight the "Fatal Badass Jack Frost" XD

kirblar

Mine is "Phantom BBQ Bento Warrior". It makes me smile. :)

I'm getting more comfortable with Labrys now and have a pretty good win rate right now in unranked, but I'm still not 100% comfortable with the movement options in the game... Changing the controls was the best thing I could have done. Seriously. Switching to a more traditional layout made instantaneous improvements to my gameplay.
Which layout did you use? ABCD?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Which layout did you use? ABCD?

Yeah, for some reason my brain can't wrap its head around side by side buttons not being varying strengths of the same kind of attack... or something.

AB
CD

I figured that I could eventually adjust, but I think it could ultimately effect my approach in other games like KOF, BB, and Marvel. I'm still adjusting to all the double button moves, but I can actually play without my brain shutting off mid combo now.

Kellen

not mine

VyyxV.jpg

T0MDx.jpg

someone also had: "mitsuru tentacle hentai"

mannerbot

We need more 360 players. PS3 is hella populated.

I'll take this as yet another sign that I post way too much, :p

I'm getting awful tempted to pick this up while the Newegg deal is still live, and I'd be on 360. Haven't finished Persona 4 yet though, got 30 hours in back in 08 and stopped for some reason...

Let me know how much you regret having opened your game. :p

cj_iwakura

I'm okay with there being a story spoiler thread. Heck, I'll make it myself when I finish story mode, unless someone beats me to it.

LProtag

Right now I just have Faux Prince Captain Emo.

I wish there was "I must DP You". I'll probably have to go with "I must Big Gamble You", but it doesn't have the same ring...

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Errrgh, stayed up till 2:30 in the morning playing VS against my brother. Haven't had this much fun with a fighter in a long time. ^^

I usually stick to rushdown/close range characters in 2D games (eg Millia, Cammy) but I'm trying my damnedest to learn Naoto.

I wonder if my JP PS3 is affecting the people I get matched up with in ranked. Feels like they're hella far away based on the lag.
Yeah, it's affecting the matchmaking. I had the same issue with BlazBlue on my J360. Was super hard finding opponents in NA. Must be an ASW thing.

LProtag

I'm pretty sure it's random and you just get them unlocked over time played online.

Everyone seemed to start with different stuff.

Ken

I think titles are random and just randomly unlocked after online fights.

Is it okay if we're mic-less? I've been meaning to replace my broken one but for the time being I don't have one.

I'm mic-less too so no worries.

I'm pretty sure it's random and you just get them unlocked over time played online.

Everyone seemed to start with different stuff.

Boo. The best I could do was 'Enormous Badass Instant Ramen.'

Yo damn she has jam combos totally picking her up now after I get s.lab down more hahaha

Anyone down for some games. Just did story mode with Yosuke wonder who I will do tomorrow probably chie

Well some of them are pretty impractical like the counter hit D from mid range. Also the 5bb/3b shenanigans is very spacing dependent. I won't go for it until I get my spacing down.

Also some of those air counter hit 5A are very deep counter hits... I can't fathom that working on a good portion of the cast (mitsu, lab, slab, yu etc etc).

I have to try the anti air C... it might work on some stuff but not exactly sure what.

HiiiLife

Whoa so you can come with your own motto or alias and it displays under your health bar?

Now that sounds really cool. Always love more personalization options in games.

Top Bottom