• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Saprol

Oof, internet too crappy at the moment to try out Chie. Spent the day instead going through some joke endings, watching the NorCal Install stream, and witnessing Brett rage at score attack. :)

iGhGOzpw1NmNg.jpg

Sophia

Well, yeah I do too. Aigis is straight up awesome in hers and
Yosuke's Story Mode.

Although....
character wise I think it was a good idea but for the older generation of Kirijo Group's perspective, they screwed the pooch by making their weapons have a heart of gold, lol.

Seriously think entire paragraphs could be written on the flawed nature of the Anti-Shadow Weapons. Maybe I'm just overly fond of the concept of non human-entities obtaining human like individuality and emotions.

Oof, internet too crappy at the moment to try out Chie. Spent the day instead going through some joke endings, watching the NorCal Install stream, and witnessing Brett rage at score attack. :)

iGhGOzpw1NmNg.jpg

SCOOBY GANG! >_>;

Velma doesn't quuuite fit Chie tho, the rest are spot on however.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Speaking of DLC colors, can someone explain to me which pack includes which characters' stuff? The color packs are obvious because I can see silhouettes, but the glasses packs aren't as obvious.

Sophia

Speaking of DLC colors, can someone explain to me which pack includes which characters' stuff? The color packs are obvious because I can see silhouettes, but the glasses packs aren't as obvious.

Not sure off the top of my head, but PSN offers a description telling which pack belongs to which characters.

Ken

It tells you in the description, or at least it does on the 360.

Elizabeth for P5 MC~?

:O

That would be pretty insane.

Learned this from other fighting games and I haven't done any ranked matches in this game yet for that reason...and I wanna keep my 0 PSR :3

She mentioned that
Erebus resurrects in a year. A YEAR.
That's a significant amount of time!

I've got a friend who mains Labrys, and I'm having lots of trouble fighting her. Once she gets in I can't find a good way to keep her out besides Shuffle Time. The typical blockstring that ends with Guillotine Axe leaves her just within range of 5B, but if I throw 5B she has time to jump and airdash over and counter me in the recovery for a good combo. She can easily do 4.7k damage once she gets the red axe and meter. It's hard to cross under her because her jumping B hits on both sides of her. If I get lucky I can 2B to counter one of her jump cancelled attacks, that lets me do an easy 2k combo on her, but that's far from enough (I really need to learn how to do that Mahagarudyne thing that lets me recover in time to combo the enemy).

Ken

She mentioned that
Erebus resurrects in a year. A YEAR.
That's a significant amount of time!

I've got a friend who mains Labrys, and I'm having lots of trouble fighting her. Once she gets in I can't find a good way to keep her out besides Shuffle Time. The typical blockstring that ends with Guillotine Axe leaves her just within range of 5B, but if I throw 5B she has time to jump and airdash over and counter me in the recovery for a good combo. She can easily do 4.7k damage once she gets the red axe and meter. It's hard to cross under her because her jumping B hits on both sides of her. If I get lucky I can 2B to counter one of her jump cancelled attacks, that lets me do an easy 2k combo on her, but that's far from enough (I really need to learn how to do that Mahagarudyne thing that lets me recover in time to combo the enemy).

Well, Labby-chan is the best.

Yuripaw

Banned
So I've gotten true endings for everyone except Naoto and Chie, but I feel like I've seen enough to post about this now.

I really like the game, but the cliffhanger ending is kinda driving me nuts. Not that it was written bad or anything, but I hate being left in anticipation. I really liked Labrys story, and thought it was pretty emotional and a good addition to the series. Now I'm going nuts wondering who this mystery man is thought that kidnapped Labrys and took control of her near the end. Are there already any theories on this that I've missed until now?

I've never completed Personas 1 or 2, and I'm wondering does anything that happens in these games play into any of the fiction of those original games at all? I'm wondering if maybe there is some hint about this stuff going back to Innocent Sin, or Eternal Punishment that might hint at the identity of our mysterious enemy.

While I really like this game, I hope it's the only one like this. I don't want it to be like Blazblue where we get Persona 4 Arena Extend next or something. I just hope this is all leading into another RPG. Whether it's Persona 5 or not, I'm not sure. It never seemed like any of the previous games were so directly connected, but the way this game ends, it just wouldn't seem right to not have a return with these characters since they all say they plan to pursue it further.

Edit: Since Persona 4 Golden isn't out yet, I don't know the details yet, but I think it's pretty much confirmed there's a new character that's gonna be in that game. It's almost too bad they didn't try to introduce her in this game in some fashion if she's gonna be considered canon.

Now I'm going nuts wondering who this mystery man is thought that kidnapped Labrys and took control of her near the end. Are there already any theories on this that I've missed until now?

I've never completed Personas 1 or 2, and I'm wondering does anything that happens in these games play into any of the fiction of those original games at all? I'm wondering if maybe there is some hint about this stuff going back to Innocent Sin, or Eternal Punishment that might hint at the identity of our mysterious enemy.

People are theorizing it's
Nyarlathotep, the big bad from P1 and P2 making a comeback which would be super awesome. Supposedly both english and japanese voice actor casting, as well as the possession/impersonation abilities of the culprit support this.

sephi22

September 7th isn't it?

hype is seriously killing me >.<
No sep 7th is not official. Fans on the personaeurope fb page think it can get delayed to end of september of even mid-october.

TTT2 will rip this game a new one if it releases after it. Tekken is huge in India, Middle East (countries ive lived in)

Sophia

So I've gotten true endings for everyone except Naoto and Chie, but I feel like I've seen enough to post about this now.

I really like the game, but the cliffhanger ending is kinda driving me nuts. Not that it was written bad or anything, but I hate being left in anticipation. I really liked Labrys story, and thought it was pretty emotional and a good addition to the series. Now I'm going nuts wondering who this mystery man is thought that kidnapped Labrys and took control of her near the end. Are there already any theories on this that I've missed until now?

While I really like this game, I hope it's the only one like this. I don't want it to be like Blazblue where we get Persona 4 Arena Extend next or something. I just hope this is all leading into another RPG. Whether it's Persona 5 or not, I'm not sure. It never seemed like any of the previous games were so directly connected, but the way this game ends, it just wouldn't seem right to not have a return with these characters since they all say they plan to pursue it further.

Edit: Since Persona 4 Golden isn't out yet, I don't know the details yet, but I think it's pretty much confirmed there's a new character that's gonna be in that game. It's almost too bad they didn't try to introduce her in this game in some fashion if she's gonna be considered canon.

In regards to Persona 4 Golden,
The new character couldn't appear in the game due to details that are explained rather thoroughly in Persona 4 Golden.

As for the ending
There are actually TWO villains. One of which is a normal human who set up the hijacking and lacks a Persona, the other is someone not quite human. Who is heavily implied to be Nyarlathotep, and as Beast Legacy mentioned, it's the same actor in both P2 and P4A... Nyarlathotep is pretty much unbeatable due to the fact that chaos exists in the hearts of all humans. As long as humanity exists, he can come back with enough effort. =P

Dantis

No sep 7th is not official. Fans on the personaeurope fb page think it can get delayed to end of september of even mid-october.

TTT2 will rip this game a new one if it releases after it. Tekken is huge in India, Middle East (countries ive lived in)

I really hope it's out before DOA5. If it's not, I'll probably just rent this for the story mode. Can't have two fighters on the go at once, and I know for a fact I'll like DOA more.

Also, Zen have an event booked for the end of August so.... Well, let's just say not to expect it until some time after the end of August. :p

vall03

I just finished Arcade mode with all characters and all I can say is that I really suck at fighting games. Ive been watching the demos of the challenges for possible combos and theres really no way I can do those stuff. Oh well, gonna start Story mode within the week once I get more free time. Im actually scared to go Online seeing as how I got eaten last night.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Considering I haven't beaten the game, that seems a bit silly.

No, what is silly is that you won't make a thread because you haven't beaten the game as opposed to making that thread and leaving it the hell alone until you do.

cj_iwakura

No, what is silly is that you won't make a thread because you haven't beaten the game as opposed to making that thread and leaving it the hell alone until you do.

Well if you insist... I just thought traditionally those threads were made by people who can contribute to them.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well if you insist... I just thought traditionally those threads were made by people who can contribute to them.

Just make it, it doesn't even need a fancy graphic.

I personally find people not making threads for reasons like that being utterly silly. It's a spoiler thread. All you need to do is make it with "discuss P4U story here instead of in the OT," and be done with it. *shrug*

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Nah, it's a place for people to talk. The OP doesn't have to do anything else with it. The Darksiders 2 spoiler thread has been up for a few days already and hardly anyone has played the game.

MechaX

I definitely think that Auto Combo Kanjis are my absolute kryptonite when playing this game for some reason. Hell, I have no idea why I have so much of a problem dealing with Kanjis anyway.

Tizoc

Yeah TTT2 is gonna dominate, but I'll still get both when they get released.

Mecha

I just finished Arcade mode with all characters and all I can say is that I really suck at fighting games. Ive been watching the demos of the challenges for possible combos and theres really no way I can do those stuff. Oh well, gonna start Story mode within the week once I get more free time. Im actually scared to go Online seeing as how I got eaten last night.

Well as you probably know the only way to get better is to try and practice.

Finally picked up a copy. Playing the tutorial mode, eh, it's okay. Play the challenge mode, holy fuck this is awesome!

Edit: The only thing this game's Challenge mode is missing is input and timing display, there's at least a display mode to give you an idea though.

Shito

Started using Mitsu's IK a bit more: gosh, it's ridiculously good, especially now that people aren't really used to be cautious of IKs!
Just won three matches in a row by IKs.

I don't really see how those regions have anything to do with the US or Japan. TTT2 might have some impact in Europe though.

Afrocious

I can make a lobby for PS3 if none's going on right now.

PSN: Afrodeeziyak

Give me a moment and I'll shoot FRs and invites to the interested.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Top Bottom