• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Elizabeth's story touches upon this. Basically, he's still trapped and she's trying to help him out. Also, the P3 characters say that Charlie reminds them of the P3 MC here and there.

Also a brief reference to him in Aigis' ending.

I want to able to play yukiko but I don't how to keep people out with her and do a lot of damage.

though 2D>5C>2C>236 A works like 90% of the time if you change which C you use first.

I want to able to play yukiko but I don't how to keep people out with her and do a lot of damage.

though 2D>5C>2C>236 A works like 90% of the time if you change which C you use first.

that combo only works if they don't tech or on fatal counter

Use 5A, jump 5A, 3B, jump 1/2/3 B and etc. C can be used as a anti air if used early.

Jump 4/5/6 D are good. Yukiko is more based on reads and spacing. You have to bait rolls and punish so that they respect the persona and just don't keep drone-rolling through. If I see somebody roll through the first persona call then I'll do a shorter placement one so they roll into it or position myself where I can 5A the recovery of the roll.

Dantis

You mean they are actual achievements? :p

Pretty much. No point in pretending otherwise.

Achievements are less about saying "HEY, LOOK WHAT 0.1% OF THE COMMUNITY DID!" and more about adding extra play time. They add incentive to explore modes and ways to play that you might otherwise ignore.

Here though, they're just crap. It's very disappointing for me.

Afrocious

Pretty much. No point in pretending otherwise.

Achievements are less about saying "HEY, LOOK WHAT 0.1% OF THE COMMUNITY DID!" and more about adding extra play time. They add incentive to explore modes and ways to play that you might otherwise ignore.

Here though, they're just crap. It's very disappointing for me.

I looked at the trophies of the game when I just got it and I was impressed at how little amount of trophies there were for simply starting the game and doing easy, trivial things like watching the intro.

I think I counted one. Seems like the trophies do indeed have you exploring modes.

Why do you think they're crap?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I kept getting killed by a S ranked yukiko yesterday. She had this fuzzy setup with the konohana sakuya overhead drill and yukiko 2A. It got me every time

Dantis

I looked at the trophies of the game when I just got it and I was impressed at how little amount of trophies there were for simply starting the game and doing easy, trivial things like watching the intro.

I think I counted one. Seems like the trophies do indeed have you exploring modes.

A few of them are absolutely insane. Finish ALL challenges? Finish score attack with everyone? There are so few players who are going to be able to accomplish that that it isn't even worth the effort it took to program.

The rest are just pretty mundane. Nothing even slightly interesting.

Would you disagree?

Noi

The only offensive trophies (to me) are completing Score Attack with EVERY character and to a slightly lesser degree, completing every challenge in the game. Both of them require you to get good at using every single character in the game, in a roster where no two characters play the same even with this game having universal inputs for some actions. Those two are kind of a damper on an otherwise great trophy list.

It's kinda surprising to me too cause Arcsys had gotten better at doing Trophy lists that were still on the hard side, but didn't require you do something as bonkers as beating Unlimited Mars with every character. It's on the same level as the Resistance 2 trophy that requires you to kill 10,000 people online, though that one is more of a grind than it is actual execution.

LProtag

I like the default setup.

Do you guys hit the D button with your thumb or your middle finger? I find myself using my middle finger a lot for it, but I use my thumb for a burst, obviously. Sometimes I find my pointer and middle finger get stuck down at B and D because I rarely use A as much as those, which can be a problem when I go for C.

I'll be around for matches in a bit, I'll let you guys know.

FSLink

Banned
I like the default setup.

Do you guys hit the D button with your thumb or your middle finger? I find myself using my middle finger a lot for it, but I use my thumb for a burst, obviously. Sometimes I find my pointer and middle finger get stuck down at B and D because I rarely use A as much as those, which can be a problem when I go for C.

I'll be around for matches in a bit, I'll let you guys know.

Yeah, I use both. Middle finger to hit D, but if I'm going for a burst/OMB, I'll use my thumb instead.

K

Also it wasn't off of an agi. I'm not sure it was 100% safe but her yukiko's neutral game with the regular attacks was really good so I was scared to attack randomly.

k logging on. Hmm I'll keep that in mind.

edit

errr my brother is using the PS3 =X sorry. He said around an hour he'll be getting off. Time to buy that evo monitor and ps3 during blackfriday.

Afrocious

Yeah, I think that'll be the last time I host one in a while. That lag was bad. GG BlackJace. I'm thinking I'll be maining Yukiko and Yosuke cause I like the way they feel the best.

Lol I have yet to fight Aigis online but your Elizabeth was crazy. I dunno what to do against her. :(

I think you should pick a character and learn them. You weren't really using any of the strong points of the characters you were picking. I think you might have been a little impatient at times, too.

Elizabeth is annoying to deal with at first, but after you get used to her she's nothing. ._.

Lol I have yet to fight Aigis online but your Elizabeth was crazy. I dunno what to do against her. :(

do you play mitsu? because all you have to do is poke persona and coup all day. The reward for using coup to get in is so high compared to the low risk that Eliz can do even if she reads it.

Its one of the three 7-3 matches in mitsu favor iirc. Eliz has very poor options against mitsu at that mid range where Mitsu 5A will hit at max distance.

I think you should pick a character and learn them. You weren't really using any of the strong points of the characters you were picking. I think you might have been a little impatient at times, too.

Elizabeth is annoying to deal with at first, but after you get used to her she's nothing. ._.

Yeah I was getting a bit excited, especially when I picked Mitsu and Akihiko.

do you play mitsu? because all you have to do is poke persona and coup all day. The reward for using coup to get in is so high compared to the low risk that Eliz can do even if she reads it.

Its one of the three 7-3 matches in mitsu favor iirc. Eliz has very poor options against mitsu at that mid range where Mitsu 5A will hit at max distance.

Indeed I do. Still practicing and learning everything she has along with Shadow Labrys/Labrys and Akihiko.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I DONT GIVE A FUCK ONEMIC

I GOT A AKIHIKO IK

3-12

IK

POP BOTTLES

(but seriously i am mindfucked when i can't get in and i really need to find more ways to do work because i can't just block punches with my face against mitsuru's safe yet strong stuff)

Top Bottom