• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

lordcyno

The unblockable super while can be consider "scumbag" its totally legit. It has no combo, it has no real setup its just a raw unblockable. You saw me getting hit by it and you kept doing it, which is the correct mentality. Don't change something that keeps working. I finally figured out the timing but the part that astounds me is I can't punish it at all. For my character it just resets the game back to neutral.

Yukiko's dp should be immune to teddy's supers

Yukiko's dp should be immune to teddy's supers

WAIT WHAT? FUCK. I should of just done that then. Didn't even think about it. whatever I basically figured it out enough to save my life. At first our match was like 7-7, then 10-7 in our ft10. I guess we extended it to ft15 later on.

Busaiku

Yeah, my main problem was that I never understood the proper spacing I needed.
I always stayed too far or too close for the bat.

It took me way too long to realize I had to stop mashing when I was close to you.
Circus Bear could've been a good punish on some of those Maragidynes, but I was just way too slow with the inputs, and ended up getting hit instead.

Another problem was that I never utilized my anti-air properly.

Also, I think it might've been good if you used Dia on those full screen Circus Bears, since you weren't able to do much when you did get in.

EDIT - Yeah, there you go.

Yeah, my main problem was that I never understood the proper spacing I needed.
I always stayed too far or too close for the bat.

It took me way too long to realize I had to stop mashing when I was close to you.
Circus Bear could've been a good punish on some of those Maragidynes, but I was just way too slow with the inputs, and ended up getting hit instead.

Also, I think it might've been good if you used Dia on those full screen Circus Bears, since you weren't able to do much when you did get in.

EDIT - Yeah, there you go.

Yeah I was afraid of the reversal unblockable but what I did was just watch your char and check to see if you were buffering since buffering would cause you to crouch move crouch move. So I was just watching your character motions.

mollipen

I did not know characters could get violated as much as my poor Yukiko did a bit ago at the hands of a Mitsuru. Ouch. Tonight has been Mitsuru and Chie, and having not really faced off against either, results weren't good. At least I'm starting to get some experience against them.

Darkman M

Accidently bought the game for PS3, decided id keep it instead of buying the 360 version which i already have sticks for that system. I decide to spend $ 130 on a hrap pro for the PS3, went to training mode for about 20 minutes and called it an night. The very next day my PS3 stopped reading all disk,$190 dollars later im here with a game i cant play and the need for another PS3.

Welp. Just spiked my controller for the first time ever today after some bullshit (read, amazing Yukiko and Kanji players) today. I legit earned the punishment I got, but got-damn some of their moves can be cheese.

I love this game.

Ken

I did not know characters could get violated as much as my poor Yukiko did a bit ago at the hands of a Mitsuru. Ouch. Tonight has been Mitsuru and Chie, and having not really faced off against either, results weren't good. At least I'm starting to get some experience against them.

I really hate Mitsuru. But then I discovered baiting.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
jack-nicholson-yes.gif

/creepygaf

Did Akihiko get a difference voice actor as well? I've only heard him on streams so far but he sounds different to me.

mollipen

I love fighting games. When you're thinking that you totally suck, suddenly you find yourself showing off some skill. When you think that you're finally getting the hang of things, you have match after match where you just get run.

Oh well, tomorrow's another day!

Sophia

I really hate Mitsuru. But then I discovered baiting.

I discovered baiting when I was 11.

I question your childhood.

Oh good god, I'm dying of laughter here. Don't do this to me at 4 in the morning, I might wake someone up. >_>;

EVOL 100%

I did not know characters could get violated as much as my poor Yukiko did a bit ago at the hands of a Mitsuru.

Oh my.

I discovered my problem with dealing with lightning cars. I keep forgetting to guard the very last hit which leads to a combo that knocks off more than half of Naoto's health. Bring the fucking cars on.

Noi

Forced myself to do JUST story mode today, fully cleared the stories for Yu, Yosuke, Kanji, Aigis and Labrys. Holy SHIT I did not expect to laugh so hard at the delivery in a lot of the scenes, or how engrossing the whole thing would be. Atlus seriously knocked it out of the park with this game.

Labrys having Lambda 11's color alt is also perfectly fitting now...

Sophia

I finished Labrys Story Mode and....

Labrys > Aigis

Its official. Hanging up the Aigis avatar lol.

I like them both equally. ;_;

Although (and story spoilers)
I can't help but feel that giving the Anti Shadow Weapons such passive and gentle personalities was a good idea. Labrys, Aigis, Unit #24, all are really reserved, sweet, and/or gentle girls deep down. Heck, #24 was practically a archetypical mother/older sister figure.

Forced myself to do JUST story mode today, fully cleared the stories for Yu, Yosuke, Kanji, Aigis and Labrys. Holy SHIT I did not expect to laugh so hard at the delivery in a lot of the scenes, or how engrossing the whole thing would be. Atlus seriously knocked it out of the park with this game.

Labrys having Lambda 11's color alt is also perfectly fitting now...

I did Yosuke's story mode just today, it was one of the few I hadn't played or read online. Oh my god I about died during the conversation after you beat
Shadow Labrys.

Noi

I can't help but feel that giving the Anti Shadow Weapons such passive and gentle personalities was a good idea. Labrys, Aigis, Unit #24, all are really reserved, sweet, and/or gentle girls deep down. Heck, #24 was practically a archetypical mother/older sister figure.

I almost half expected
24 to end up being "based" on the mom of the kid who was used for Labrys, given the way they were making her look like a mother figure. Would have made those scenes even more depressing though...

I can highlight and read spoilers now, woohoo!

Sophia

I almost half expected
24 to end up being "based" on the mom of the kid who was used for Labrys, given the way they were making her look like a mother figure. Would have made those scenes even more depressing though...

I can highlight and read spoilers now, woohoo!

It's quite possible she "inherited" the gentle nature of the young girl that was the basis to a much greater degree. She has basically the gentlest qualities of Aigis and Labrys in one. Heartbreaking to hear her monologue after she died.

When you think about it, the Kirijo Group of old basically engineered their own failure with the weapons. And because they were mostly sociopaths, they didn't realize it. >_>;

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Woooooo! GGs Q, those IAD crossup JAs had ridiculously good spacing

I can sleep easy now knowing I put 3 unwon matches on your record. Going to grind ranked for a while.

Esura

Banned

Well, yeah I do too. Aigis is straight up awesome in hers and
Yosuke's Story Mode.

Although....
character wise I think it was a good idea but for the older generation of Kirijo Group's perspective, they screwed the pooch by making their weapons have a heart of gold, lol.

EDIT: Beaten...
Yup!

I was cutting onions while doing her story mode...

I think my allergies were acting up doing her story mode. First time I ever had them too.

Top Bottom