• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Busaiku

Damn, you've got a rock solid defense.

My execution completely fell apart and I kept looking at the screen going "why did i just do that" haha.

Thanks!

Your major problemwas your Izanagi usage.

You let it lose with those low broom things a lot, but then you never did anything else, and stayed content at full screen.
You should've gone in and done overheads or jumps or whatever Yu does, and at least make me think I had to do something to escape.
You did it couple of times, but it wasn't too often, and it's why I went through so many games without using Bursts at all.
It wasn't even until the last games that I started using the anti-air of mine (and a lot of those were really unsafe), so the high pressure would've been good.

And you use Swift Strike too often, it's really easy to punish if it's blocked close and you don't follow with anything (not sure what you can follow up with it besides SP Skills though, if you even can).
There were a couple times you used it, but never got close enough for me to punish, and that's fine, but using it so often is not good.

The R Action usage also became kind of too obvious after my Bearscrew, though we both realized that and stopped it eventually.
And another problem that I share, is that you mashed standing A too far away which really gave away a lot of your game, we both really need to work on this.

Day 1 Yu mixup

After a sweep call your persona D and roll through them during the block string. Shit works so much. But if you are too obivous then its really easy to see coming.

LProtag

Your major problemwas your Izanagi usage.

You let it lose with those low broom things a lot, but then you never did anything else, and stayed content at full screen.
You should've gone in and done overheads or jumps or whatever Yu does, and at least make me think I had to do something to escape.
You did it couple of times, but it wasn't too often, and it's why I went through so many games without using Bursts at all.
It wasn't even until the last game that I started using the anti-air of mine (and a lot of those were really unsafe), so the high pressure would've been good.

And you use Swift Strike too often, it's really easy to punish if it's blocked close and you don't follow with anything (not sure what you can follow up with it besides SP Skills though, if you even can).
There were a couple times you used it, but never got close enough for me to punish, and that's fine, but using it so often is not good.

The R Action usage also became kind of too obvious after my Bearscrew, though we both realized that and stopped it eventually.
And another problem that I share, is that you mashed standing A too far away which really gave away a lot of your game, we both really need to work on this.

The reason I was staying full screen during that time was because that was me getting flustered and mashing my BnB too quickly. When that happens it usually ends up being a 5D instead of the 214D. I'd then go "fuck I didn't plan on this at all" and couldn't take advantage of the situation.

Yeah, I use it too often.

I also DP too much, haha.

I need to learn normals better.

Thanks for the advice.

I need to figure more OMC or OMB setups after supers.

for kanji I have if they're midscreen chair super > OMC

(if blocked: C grab > follow up)
(if it lands: 2b > gotcha > follow up)
or grab C/D in corner into super > OMB after third hit >gotcha > followup/super if enough meter

and for Yu, I just ziodyne>OMC>sweep or AOA if blocked.

Lucentto

Banned
You had some great pressure. I remember now. I kept trying to shoot the gaps between your overheads and sweeps and getting smacked lol

ggs

GGs, I got familiar with that matchup since I play too many Aki's in player matches, not sure why there are so many.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I just landed 3 Akihiko IKs in a row after getting SMACKED all day long

I don't think this is Earth

LProtag

I finally completed my full BnB in training mode!

I can't believe how flustered I get while playing online, I miss so many hits from my combos. Sometimes when doing 2B > 5B> 5C I just skip the 5B because I mash it so fast. I need to relax.

Shito

I just landed 3 Akihiko IKs in a row after getting SMACKED all day long
Akihiko's IK is shitty, but it works soooo well the first time around, especially at close range.
I knew about it, and I still got hit by it the first time someone did it to me.
"Ok, gonna block that and th- oh wait! It's akihiko! I'm not supposed to be touching the... oh shit."

Really? I pay mine no thought. Mitsuru knows when and when not to chime in.

i cut mine off, but it does no good if i still have to listen to other people's -_-

they're always saying stupid stuff when you lose, too, which is why i'd think more people would get tired of them

like losing wasn't bad enough, you've got the computer that's supposed to be cheering you on, talking shit to you for losing

Don't talk dirty 'bout my Nanako :D

GG, Your Liz man... your Liz

yea, i'm still working on her

i need those garu combooooooooooooooooooos

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Akihiko's IK is shitty, but it works soooo well the first time around, especially at close range.
I knew about it, and I still got hit by it the first time someone did it to me.
"Ok, gonna block that and th- oh wait! It's akihiko! I'm not supposed to be touching the... oh shit."

Ive been using it on wake up lol

BlackJace

i cut mine off, but it does no good if i still have to listen to other people's -_-

they're always saying stupid stuff when you lose, too, which is why i'd think more people would get tired of them

like losing wasn't bad enough, you've got the computer that's supposed to be cheering you on, talking shit to you for losing

Haha fair enough.

Vice

The reason I was staying full screen during that time was because that was me getting flustered and mashing my BnB too quickly. When that happens it usually ends up being a 5D instead of the 214D. I'd then go "fuck I didn't plan on this at all" and couldn't take advantage of the situation.

Evasion dash or airdash and turn around j.b

Break time. Spent quite a bit of time in practice mode with Shadow Labrys. Found out some combos that are good in theory but will have to put them to use in a real match later.

Afrocious

How do folks come up with combos? Just by going into Training to see what cancels into what?

I figured I'd use Challenge Mode to learn my bread and butter but I dunno how practical some of that stuff is the game has you do.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Powered through all the story stuff earlier today. Still have a few gag endings though.

Bring on the next Persona that continues the story, in whatever form it may end up!

LProtag

How do folks come up with combos? Just by going into Training to see what cancels into what?

I figured I'd use Challenge Mode to learn my bread and butter but I dunno how practical some of that stuff is the game has you do.

Check the Dustloop forum for your character. Each character has their own subthread with a combo topic.

Top Bottom