• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Beats

How do folks come up with combos? Just by going into Training to see what cancels into what?

I figured I'd use Challenge Mode to learn my bread and butter but I dunno how practical some of that stuff is the game has you do.

I looked at some of the challenge mode stuff and basically took some of what already worked to make up combos that are practical. There's also combo videos on youtube as well that you can take stuff from.

-

Good games, God's Beard. Definitely one of the better Mitsuru's I've fought so far.

PBalfredo

I started playing with Elizabeth today. I really like her power and how she can send Thanatos out to do the dirty work while she just chills, lol. But she is the definition of a glass cannon. Any tips on how to play her effectively?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Funny thing I've noticed while reading this thread is that every character is hated or claimed OP by someone :p

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
At least your problem is close-range. Yukiko and Elizabeth set up a bar and make me drink eat fans and beams. :(

Its even more irritating because they're sooooooooooooooooooo easy to see coming for everyone but me - and I outright refuse to acknowledge them because I need to renovate faces like my family depends on it.

DY_nasty

and thats the shit i'm talking about lol

i get knocked out the frame because i could give zero fucks about what my opponent is doing while im swagging out shucking and jiving

Apharmd

Oh man, Ken's Labyrs wrecked the crap out of me! A lot of it is also my error in panicking/execution foulups, but the aerial combos are quite impressive, making my jaw eat concrete. Back to challenge and training mode for me!

Also Lemon, mind if I add you? My gt is altqh.

LuchaShaq

Banned
If anyone wants to play someone completely awful on every level add me I guess.

360 - bhhawks78

I usually am on live before noon eastern or after ten pm.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Its even more irritating because they're sooooooooooooooooooo easy to see coming for everyone but me - and I outright refuse to acknowledge them because I need to renovate faces like my family depends on it.

Maybe you should send your family to the retirement home and worry less about the renovating faces and more about the fight money?

Ken

Oh man, Ken's Labyrs wrecked the crap out of me! A lot of it is also my error in panicking/execution foulups, but the aerial combos are quite impressive, making my jaw eat concrete. Back to challenge and training mode for me!

Also Lemon, mind if I add you? My gt is altqh.

You need to learn some damaging combos because you got a lot of Fatal Counters on me but no follow up. Also know which moves are unsafe.

I kept eating Yu's DP because I forgot about it. Lol.

Totally was playin Shabrys like regular Labrys...

trying to sub zero my way in...

yep.

That's my cue to say good night.

GG everyone.

I need practice. My current crap can beat scrubs but not gonna work against people who know what the fuck they are doing...

It was all going so good today too...lol

Akihiko and Yukiko says no.

goldensun

Please add me, I'm maining Akihiko!

I live in SoCal (even though the netcode is godlike).

Xbox Live: G0lden 5un (o is a zero and s is a five)

I'm on at random times, usually for 2 hrs at a time. Need to level up! Too used to Marvel / SF and want to get good at this series (never played any of the Blaz Blues)

Raxious

Nope. They obviously aren't going to announce anything on a Sunday. I think we'll hear something by the end of next week though.

Any update on the european releasedate? A belgian gamesite has it on 29th of september.

well, last week a ton of stores had the launch date for 28th of August here in the Netherlands, however, since last friday the release date got changed to the 28th of September.

Last news I heard was that the game got pushed back to the 7th of September. However, as most stores changed the date, I have a bad feeling about it :(

DY_nasty

Totally was playin Shabrys like regular Labrys...

trying to sub zero my way in...

yep.

That's my cue to say good night.

GG everyone.

I need practice. My current crap can beat scrubs but not gonna work against people who know what the fuck they are doing...

It was all going so good today too...lol

Akihiko and Yukiko says no.
GGs man

Your individual pressure isn't that bad its just that you aren't using your demon bull at all.

I really hate aigis. She is so fucking top tier that its insane. Better full screen zoning and her rushdown in orgia is literally a 50/50. God damn it. I really hate the 4k~ dmg combo off the overhead and gets a crossup setup after QQ. So many games where I made 2 mistakes and died from 80% hp.

It went from 4-1 me to 5-5, then 6-11 =(

Its so hard to dp the overhead on reaction. Mis-input on my side would of brought it closer to 8-11 but regardless I fucked up.

GG I just gotta play better next time. I'm just so salty at how good aigis is, orgia mode is literally rape mode.

no hate, just salty =(

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
GGs ragingnight

Man it's so much harder to start close range pressure in neutral against you without resorting to bullets since yukiko's normals outrange aigis'. I'm glad you weren't spamming the heal DP as much as last time though lol. Also I tried to make an example about that comment on bursting after the first few hits during the match ( ・ ー・ )

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
The stream for the P4A tourney at Super Arcade started:

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

Just casuals now.

I should probably get on PSN sometime and start playing this online to start grinding out matchups... but I'm still working on story mode and playing random sets with my brother.

GGs ragingnight

Man it's so much harder to start close range pressure in neutral against you without resorting to bullets since yukiko's normals outrange aigis'. I'm glad you weren't spamming the heal DP as much as last time though lol. Also I tried to make an example about that comment on bursting after the first few hits during the match ( ・ ー・ )

The dp heal spam isn't even that good considering it has to heal the blue health and it has a long recovery. I basically lose setup/momentum for choosing that option and if you have orgia mode avail its almost never worth trying. The risk/reward is heavily skewed.

Bursting might of help in some games, but in reality its still 2 mistakes I made and lose 80% hp. And when those 2 mistakes are easy to setup with that overhead or low setup its really dumb. I just really got frustrated mid set with that overhead and just ate so many of them afterward. Chicken blocking is not my friend and its hard of getting rid of marvel habits.

I basically know how to fight the match now but its still really hard. I basically have to bait you to use bullets until you run out before you can kill me. If you don't use bullets and try to save then I get all the setup in the world but those fucking bullets kill a good majority of my options.

edit

fuck chicken blocking.

Top Bottom