• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Beats has a really good Yukiko. Most that I've played have no idea how to deal with a fight in close. This is fun. I've never even bothered blocking her normals before because people don't follow up for shit.

Beats has a really good Yukiko. Most that I've played have no idea how to deal with a fight in close. This is fun. I've never even bothered blocking her normals before because people don't follow up for shit.

Yukiko is a midrange character. I love it when people give me room to be close enough to melee. So many traps she can do its insane

Hmm maybe I should alt yukiko
You would steal my character!

How many gaf yukiko's are there? Beats, me and who else? I want to see if my playstyle is different from theirs.

Busaiku

Good stuff Twilt.
I think I might know how to fight Yu now, was getting better towards the end.

Though it's not exclusive to Yu, I just shouldn't be throwing out those As as soon as I use Teddie Warp.
Still hate that stupid Cross Slash though.

Also, I remembered that I have an SB version of Teddievision, and I can use that for the full screen characters too.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Yukiko is a midrange character. I love it when people give me room to be close enough to melee. So many traps she can do its insane

You would steal my character!

How many gaf yukiko's are there? Beats, me and who else? I want to see if my playstyle is different from theirs.
You can alt aigis then!

Idk I really like yukiko's jp voice

You can alt aigis then!

Idk I really like yukiko's jp voice

I don't play high tier! =( atleast I try not to purposely. If I were to play another character It would probably be naoto because its that whole pressure game. The whole I gotta out smart my opponent to win is just so appealing.

Maybe mitsuru and play it like a frame trap character.

edit
Yeah I only chose japanese yukiko because I watched the anime (didn't play the game) so I'm just used to it.

So far here are what I think are hard matchups overall for yukiko.

S. Lab
Mitsuru
Aigis
Yosuke

the slightly hard matchup imo
Yu because he has something similar to chie okie + a way around the fans + full screen side that he can OMC on reaction to fans. If anything it would be a 5.5-4.5 if anything really.

I think chars like naoto, teddie, lab are all about even.

lastly these are the favorable matchups that can go anywhere from 5.5/6-4.5/4
Kanji
Chie
Akihiko
liz

this is my personal experience on the first week. Things are naturally bound to change here and there but yeah.

Cowie

any psn lobbies going on? It's time gaf witnesses my Yukiko! (And tells me what I should be doing better ._.) CowieX~

TWILT

Banned
Good stuff Twilt.
I think I might know how to fight Yu now, was getting better towards the end.

Though it's not exclusive to Yu, I just shouldn't be throwing out those As as soon as I use Teddie Warp.
Still hate that stupid Cross Slash though.

Also, I remembered that I have an SB version of Teddievision, and I can use that for the full screen characters too.

Yeah GGs. Wasn't do all that well with Yukiko at the beginning; gonna have to learn more with her.

You were doing a good job at blocking my 5D mix up with Izanagi, and teching my grabs. I also noticed that you kept anti-airing me with his 2B. I felt like you were teleporting too much even though I got hit a ton with those TVs.
You definitely did better near the end though; you'll prolly beat me in the next FT10 =P.

Yukiko's my sub; not exactly good with her though lol.

DY_nasty

One day, I'll learn to never try and wakeupcounter with Akihiko

Until then, I am free

Beats

Thanks. >_<

Akihiko is deadly in the corner. I need to stop trying to chicken guard. I got some bad habits from Marvel haha.

Well I like to rush in a lot (especially with lots of j.5A) and bait the opponent into pushing buttons/doing stuff. Though I'll keepaway if necessary. Not sure what else to mention heh.

Busaiku

Yeah GGs. Wasn't do all that well with Yukiko at the beginning; gonna have to learn more with her.

Yeah, you need to make use of Sakuya more often.
You were kind of doing it, but not enough.

It has a big hitbox for those attacks, and it just pushes me all the way away.
Really the only thing I could have done was sit and sit until I could get an SB Teddievision or something.

Though I think Ragingnight said that I can punish it halfway with the bat, so that could've been something else, but still not much.

DY_nasty

Sorry. D:

I do some scrubby things sometimes.

naw, its not you

i get into the guessing game setup that i want and almost never make mental note of DPs because it means i have to step back or roll

i didn't pick akihiko to play defense lol

LProtag

I gotta do some stuff to make sure I've got everything ready for classes starting tomorrow.

Good games everyone, thank you!

Yeah, you need to make use of Sakuya more often.
You were kind of doing it, but not enough.

It has a big hitbox for those attacks, and it just pushes me all the way away.
Really the only thing I could have done was sit and sit until I could get an SB Teddievision or something.

Though I think Ragingnight said that I can punish it halfway with the bat, so that could've been something else, but still not much.

punish what exactly? I don't know the names of moves beside fire ones lol. The bat can punish whiff 5As pretty well.

If you're talking about the 4/5/6 D then its all about timing and spacing. If you block it just hit it once with 2A. If it whiffs right in front of your character DO NOT PRESS BUTTONS. Thats the bait.

If you see 1/2/3 D go behind you don't press buttons, its another setup as well.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Man, story mode is a bit of a drag. Don't get me wrong, it's good but too little fights and WORDS WORDS WORDS. :/

Anyone have tips on how to fight Kanji as Akihiko? I get air-dive-grabbed for free -- it seems to have some sort of invincibility on it so I can't AA, and sometimes I'm in the corner and he's way too close to get away -- and none of my options seem to get me out of that little close-up grab game besides short-hop, sometimes. Even when I shorthop and try to mount a counter attack, if he uses the D grab (the one with startup invincibility) I'm dead in the water when I come down. I also get grabbed constantly trying to evade or backdash. It's like I'm playing rock-paper-scissors, except I can only draw or lose.

Apharmd

Anyone have tips on how to fight Kanji as Akihiko? I get air-dive-grabbed for free -- it seems to have some sort of invincibility on it so I can't AA, and sometimes I'm in the corner and he's way too close to get away -- and none of my options seem to get me out of that little close-up grab game besides short-hop, sometimes. Even when I shorthop and try to mount a counter attack, if he uses the D grab (the one with startup invincibility) I'm dead in the water when I come down. I also get grabbed constantly trying to evade or backdash. It's like I'm playing rock-paper-scissors, except I can only draw or lose.

Duck.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Crouch beats the jump grab

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
My friend is asking how to eliminate the red name?
His connection was crappy and it fell and he wants to change it.
Is there a way around that?

Top Bottom