• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Story mode is split into two parts. In order to get the true ending for each character, you need to do the first part of a P4 character, then another P4 character, then a P3 character then Labrys's story. After that, the second part of all character's stories open up.

Ohh that explains it thanks

I got to point where
Shadow labrys turns labrys into her real form
and it said to be continued .

Speaking of this, of the initial 4 Yukiko definitely had the best cliffhanger. Sure,
Aigis blasting the wall while Burn my Dread plays was amazing, but I liked it better when Labrys, instead of going all “NO YOU ARE NOT ME“ and despairing, SNAPS and attacks back at her shadow to save the one new friend she made.

Onemic

I got my first rage quitter today, A+ Yosuke thinking he could drain me for PSR after he beat me once.

I think thats actually the first time ive had anyone rage quit on me in a fighting game before.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I got my first rage quitter today, A+ Yosuke thinking he could drain me for PSR after he beat me once.

I think thats actually the first time ive had anyone rage quit on me in a fighting game before.

It was probably the same guy that rage quit on me.

PBalfredo

I've discovered the joys of playing Elizabeth over the weekend and just finished playing an online match with my buddy, using her against him for the first time. In one of the matches I threw out her IK, he looks at it for a half second, then tries to punish, only to activate Megidoloan and nuke him.

Right after the match I get a message from him:

"oh."

To which I reply:

"You activated my trap card"

MechaX

After watching leveluplive, I only have three thoughts:

1) Naoto can be badass after all
2) I should resume learning Aigis
3) FUCK KANJI

Big thing with Naoto is that you gotta know when to zone and when to rush in. Most of her stuff is easy, the IAD combos are a nice addition to the arsenal but it won't matter as much if you can't swiftly and smoothly switch gears. Gotta make damage count to boot and all that as well.

Yeah, she can do both well. Of course all the big damage is going to be done up close and you have to be careful how you zone because you can be punished easily if you just throw shots out predictably.

One trick I like to use up close is 2C(charged). It's in your favour on block if I remember correctly so you can attack again without being punished.

Had so much Chie on Chie violence today. I gotta say, for a beginner like me, she seems to combo into some mid-level combos and breaks defenses pretty nicely. She may not be a pro choice but I'm enjoying her. People don't seem to expect her Persona either.

Had so much Chie on Chie violence today. I gotta say, for a beginner like me, she seems to combo into some mid-level combos and breaks defenses pretty nicely. She may not be a pro choice but I'm enjoying her. People don't seem to expect her Persona either.

she is considered top 3-5. People definitely expect her persona after a knockdown.

anybody up to scrub it out with my 20 min chie? LOL

Shouta

Yeah, she can do both well. Of course all the big damage is going to be done up close and you have to be careful how you zone because you can be punished easily if you just throw shots out predictably.

One trick I like to use up close is 2C(charged). It's in your favour on block if I remember correctly so you can attack again without being punished.

Yep. Indiscriminate zoning gets you punished bad and it's rough. The corner combos are super sick for Naoto but relying on them for damage output is just not a good idea. it's great when you get it though but you really need to make hits count as the match goes on. Picking up combos off traps is pretty key for example and I don't see that done often. I've been trying to get it myself though been a bit unlucky with it from mid-screen.

Delayed 2C is really good as a mindgame on folks that you get flustered. If they eat the 3 hits, you can extend your combo a bit for some damage which is pretty tasty.

Ken

All the styling Yu's cross slash on wake up and then continue to cross 2 more times,gold burst and do it all over again.

Yeah but I'm losing to derp mode sword dive kick full screen car beep beep CROSS SLASH TONS OF DAMAGE LOL Narukamis.

(no offense to any Narukami's here)

Yep. Indiscriminate zoning gets you punished bad and it's rough. The corner combos are super sick for Naoto but relying on them for damage output is just not a good idea. it's great when you get it though but you really need to make hits count as the match goes on. Picking up combos off traps is pretty key for example and I don't see that done often. I've been trying to get it myself though been a bit unlucky with it from mid-screen.

Delayed 2C is really good as a mindgame on folks that you get flustered. If they eat the 3 hits, you can extend your combo a bit for some damage which is pretty tasty.

Yeah, it's easy to get IAD combo's off the traps in training mode but I'll need some time before I can do it reliably in a real game.

The corner to corner trap combo I use is this.

214D(hit). 5C>IAD>5A>5C>land>5C>236B-D>66>5C>IAD>5B>5C>land>236B-D.

After that you should be in the opposite corner and can do whatever.

I like to end some corner combo's with the opponent in the air so I can go for a grab when they come back down from recovering. If I manage to get a hit I can put a trap on the way down for more shenanigans.

I find that with Naoto's speed you can do a lot of crazy stuff really quickly and just confuse people.

There's also being able to cancel most things into a trap and the 5A>214D semi loop in the corner but I've only seen that done in arcade matches. That's something I want to try in a real game eventually.

There's also sweeping and laying a trap down followed by using evasive action to get to the other side providing you time it right. Best case scenario is they attack on wakeup so I get a counter hit on the opposite side and can push them into the trap for another combo.

My friend me told you can airgrab raging lion if you get the timing right.

It seems like a bad option but if you can call it I'm guessing you could mind fuck a few yu's

Top Bottom