• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Ken

Good games 360 crew.
Golden Sun,SolarKnight,Apharmd, and Ken

Sun has some good super setups and dash grab shenanigans with akihiko.

Solar,you're hard to pin down with yosuke and I saw you were using the unblockable more after i told you the tip.

Apharmd,I also saw you pick up some of my tricks with yu.

I somehow managed to beat Ken's labrys with kanji by the skin of my teeth.
though i was hoping to fight her more in the lobby.

I derped and did Brutal Impact instead of a regular guillotine axe in those matches. Lol.

I've heard rise say rebel 1 action! and I think I heard her say something about the wheel of fate but I think i misheard that.

I derped and did Brutal Impact instead of a regular guillotine axe in those matches. Lol.
I knew you were playing different than last time but I can't tell her axe moves art.

Cheska

Still making my way through Story Mode, but does anyone else feel like Yu's part was the longest of them all? It almost turned me off to continuing because it got kind of boring :(

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Still making my way through Story Mode, but does anyone else feel like Yu's part was the longest of them all? It almost turned me off to continuing because it got kind of boring :(

If you thought that was boring, wait til you do Labrys'.

Ken

I've heard rise say rebel 1 action! and I think I heard her say something about the wheel of fate but I think i misheard that.

I knew you were playing different than last time but I can't tell her axe moves art.

Her Brutal Impact is that super that takes forever to charge up that lets you jump behind me and do whatever you want ;_; . I never mean to do it lol.

K.Sabot

Ugh, bad Kanji players are the bane of my existence.

WAKEUP FULLSCREEN COMMAND GRAB HITS MEATY HALF SCREEN RAPIER, NEWS AT 11.

Her Brutal Impact is that super that takes forever to charge up that lets you jump behind me and do whatever you want ;_; . I never mean to do it lol.

It usually works the first time you use it because most haven't seen it.

Just use the B version full screen.

Everytime I've done that first time to someone, they always got hit. You can mess with them by using the shorter A version if you're feeling courageous. It can be used in combo's for good damage.

I wonder if it's invulnerable to IK's too.

kewlmyc

Damn, I have finished story mode and unlocked all the art yet have 99%. I wish story mode was like BB and gave you individual character percentages.

Damn, I have finished story mode and unlocked all the art yet have 99%. I wish story mode was like BB and gave you individual character percentages.

Speaking of BB:CP I am looking forward to playing through its story mode.

Speaking of story mode I'm going to get on that right now. Every time I turn on the game to play story mode I end up doing some online.

This time I'm seriously going to do it.

Still trying to figure out how to use the B Brutal Impact in a combo. That thing is pretty slow for that purpose despite travelling full-screen.

The autocombo can be disabled??? I found it cheap to play wth it.

uhhhh for some char parts of it is needed to do some combos. Also some of them are really bad (liz uses like 50sp before super, yukiko does less dmg than her bnb without super).

For instance if Yukiko AA you with just 5A she gets almost nothing. But she gets a full combo off 5A 5A jump cancel

Chavelo

Holy shit, just realized that the P1 and Teddie drawings on the chalkboard of the classroom stage shake when someone does an air/ground recovery. :O

Sophia

Wow, I kinda guessed this from seeing TheBrett go through Challenge mode with her, but now that I've playing her story, I don't like Naoto's gameplay at all.

Sophia

I've only done 25 of them, but her challenges were pretty fun, and pretty easy.

Oh I don't doubt that they're easy (with one exception), I just don't like her playstyle... Still, gotta learn everyone if you want to stand a chance against real players.

Wow, I kinda guessed this from seeing TheBrett go through Challenge mode with her, but now that I've playing her story, I don't like Naoto's gameplay at all.

Gets better once you learn how to do the IAD combo's.

There's also the SMP stuff but I haven't touched that yet.

Got one that carries me from the corner if I'm trapped and get the hit to trapping the enemy in the other corner on the opposite side. It's hard to do but satisfying when you pull it off.

Shouta

Big thing with Naoto is that you gotta know when to zone and when to rush in. Most of her stuff is easy, the IAD combos are a nice addition to the arsenal but it won't matter as much if you can't swiftly and smoothly switch gears. Gotta make damage count to boot and all that as well.

Apharmd

Good stuff, 360 dudes! Thanks for the games earlier and the tips. I'll try to bang on the controls less and learn actual combos for my pokes. :)

Watching xie vs my=key to learn the matchup

It plays like a better version of me vs pero... with similar results. Basically when at full screen Aigis zones, at mid screen both go nuts.

If he gets orgia mode going, yukiko loses. If yukiko gets him in the corner its non-stop pressure with using any resource to get out. That dmg man that dmg.

edit
And it ends in the same result. Basically if Aigis gets in once in orgia mode its literally gg.

Sophia

Big thing with Naoto is that you gotta know when to zone and when to rush in. Most of her stuff is easy, the IAD combos are a nice addition to the arsenal but it won't matter as much if you can't swiftly and smoothly switch gears. Gotta make damage count to boot and all that as well.

I'm starting to get the hang of her actually. Or at least I'm not losing matches in story mode now (Disclaimer: Difficulty is set on VH) so...

At the very least, I'm learning a lot for online play.

I finished Yu's chapter and the achievement didn't pop.

Did I choose a wrong option or does his story continue with someone else?

I got to point where
Shadow labrys turns labrys into her real form
and it said to be continued .

TWILT

Banned
I finished Yu's chapter and the achievement didn't pop.

Did I choose a wrong option or does his story continue with someone else?

I got to point where
Shadow labrys turns labrys into her real form
and it said to be continued .

You didn't get the true ending; you can access it by finishing Labrys' story, which you have to unlock by completing other character's stories.

Chavelo

I've only done Yu's so far

Story mode is split into two parts. In order to get the true ending for each character, you need to do the first part of a P4 character, then another P4 character, then a P3 character then Labrys's story. After that, the second part of all character's stories open up.

Top Bottom