• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Mesoian

You can do instant kills as many times as you want?

That's the dumbest thing in this game. Come on Arcsys...You know better than that.

You can do instant kills as many times as you want?

That's the dumbest thing in this game. Come on Arcsys...You know better than that.

if its the winning round and you can afford to use 2 100sp IK...and you want to do it well go fir it. I'm not going to hate on somebody making a bad decision.'

edit
Anybody wanna play?

Naite

I'll have to play with the pull a bit more because I haven't really found a use for the Tager pull.

The one time it's helped me was against Yukiko. It gets tiresome chasing her down so I just make her come to me while weaving through her fans.

Mesoian

if its the winning round and you can afford to use 2 100sp IK...and you want to do it well go fir it. I'm not going to hate on somebody making a bad decision.'

edit
Anybody wanna play?

Unless you're Mitsuru, who's a damn battery with how much she can attack with no response.

360 or PS3?

Christ Kanji's 5b is horrible.

Mesoian

He will make you hate yukiko

I don't mind Yukiko that much because you can break her persona easily because people just keep using her C, c.C, c.C combo which has huge gaps if it's blocked.

But seriously, it needs better range or better speed because it is a friggen pathetic move. It doesn't even combo into 2C half the time...

BlackJace

Has anyone found a use for the evasive action move? Haven't found use for it yet, as blocking and back stepping seems so much more efficient.

I don't mind Yukiko that much because you can break her persona easily because people just keep using her C, c.C, c.C combo which has huge gaps if it's blocked.

But seriously, it needs better range or better speed because it is a friggen pathetic move. It doesn't even combo into 2C half the time...

There is no block string gap if you do 5AA 5B 5C 2C. There is a gap in 5AA 2C/5C (5AA into 5C doesn't even combo).

edit

Just tested it. If you mashed 2a you get counter hit during the blockstring. I tested it against yukiko's 2A since its one of the faster 2A normals in the game.

2nd edit

IB blocking the persona doesn't give you enough time to 2A it either. You can dp if your dp has a guard point but yukiko is completely safe for the most part. The dp will hit the persona but whiff against yukiko and she can punish you on the way down.

Has anyone found a use for the evasive action move? Haven't found use for it yet, as blocking and back stepping seems so much more efficient.

Its one of the few reasons why aigis has to respect her opponent outside orgia mode. It beats a lot of things if timed right and gets you out of bad situations if the opponent leaves gaps.

Mesoian

There is no block string gap if you do 5AA 5B 5C 2C. There is a gap in 5AA 2C/5C (5AA into 5C doesn't even combo).

The combo I've been seing the most is 5AA,B,B,C,2C,2C, then some variant of agi or the spinning hyper. I've been managing to get around it. Of course most yukiko's I'm fighting aren't great

Sorry about that perorist, gotta make food.
Also, Teddie has to have the worst R-Action.

It has uses and gives rage. Yukiko's only saving grace about her dp is the heal and projectile invul frames.

I would have to say chie is definitely up there as one of the worst. Due to the nature of her character and the toolset she has (doesn't compliment well with her dp as far as I'm aware).

Yukiko Challenge 29; why are you so hard...? ;_;

fuck all those challenges =(. So impractical except for a few. I'll almost never use AoA due to how slow hers is and I get zero oki setup if it hits.

Busaiku

It has uses and gives rage. Yukiko's only saving grace about her dp is the heal and projectile invul frames.

I would have to say chie is definitely up there as one of the worst. Due to the nature of her character and the toolset she has (doesn't compliment well with her dp as far as I'm aware).

Yeah, but Teddie's only has like 2 active frames and it's so easy to sniff out.
At least you can get someone off you with Yukiko's.

Onemic

I still don't know any of Mitsu's oki setups except B+D aegis refelctor. The B version after a B coup doesnt travel far enough for it to work on wakeup.

Nyoro SF

Might drop Yukiko. I haven't beaten a Labrys or Yu since the game released, and I can't have these two matchups haunting me while this game goes on.

Mesoian

Haha. Teddie's autocombo is immune to counter grabs because he's technically in the air. Rediculous.

Alright, I'm gonna learn Liz because the more I play this game, the more completely non-viable Kanji is.

Ken

Might drop Yukiko. I haven't beaten a Labrys or Yu since the game released, and I can't have these two matchups haunting me while this game goes on.

:<

I have the same problem against Yu and Teddie as Labrys but just keep practicing!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Boo-urns.

I have like a 30% win rate with Yukiko right now, with like 30 matches played. I'm sticking with it!

But Teddie's isn't completely safe on a regular block.

Thats why you only confirm the first two hits tho.

On rank I have a 50%~ ( was 56 before I tanked a B rank to a C rank to the same naoto 6 loss in a row). Yu is a pretty fair matchup. I would say its 5-5, you just have to play dumb against dumb yus.

Well with Labrys it's just one mistake and it's over. I need someone who can just keep her on lockdown, like Mitsuru for instance.

Normal Lab? Its like 3 mistakes overall. You can't let her get red axe and thats basically it.

Ken

Well with Labrys it's just one mistake and it's over. I need someone who can just keep her on lockdown, like Mitsuru for instance.

I noticed that you used your burst a lot when I'm not at red axe level. Try to save it for when Labrys does get red axe because she can easily do half your health in one combo like you saw.

I've never played Yukiko yet but I'd imagine you have to play really good keep away once Labrys does hit red axe because the axe level goes back to green pretty quickly.

Anyways, if you ever want to play again just let me know! GG!

Nyoro SF

I noticed that you used your burst a lot when I'm not at red axe level. Try to save it for when Labrys does get red axe because she can easily do half your health in one combo like you saw.

Also you can stand outside reversal range and just keep poking. I also don't really have an answer to jump B, so the only response is to switch to a character that can prevent jumps in the first place.

This decision was a long time coming after I got smashed by a previous 500+PSR Labrys player in a lobby about 15 times in a row, this was just the finisher. Grapples, jump B, the pokes, the 50/50's, the pull-ins, Yukiko can't really handle them.

In this game it's like picking a character that has a bad match against Sentinel in MvC3. Time to move on up.

Ken

Also you can stand outside reversal range and just keep poking. I also don't really have an answer to jump B, so the only response is to switch to a character that can prevent jumps in the first place.

This decision was a long time coming after I got smashed by a previous 500+PSR Labrys player in a lobby about 15 times in a row, this was just the finisher. Grapples, jump B, the pokes, the 50/50's, the pull-ins, Yukiko can't really handle them.

In this game it's like picking a character that has a bad match against Sentinel in MvC3. Time to move on up.

Well, okay. :(

Yukiko does have an answer to jump B. Its 5A and I just tested it right now. At worst it clashes but because you are grounded so you can gatling 5A again while Lab is gets hit with a counter hit.

edit

You can counter the grapple to the slide if you IB the 2nd hit which isn't hard considering all you do is go neutral and hit downback before the slide hits.

Top Bottom