• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Nyoro SF

Yukiko does have an answer to jump B. Its 5A and I just tested it right now. At worst it clashes but because you are grounded you can gatling 5A again while Lab is gets hit with a counter hit.

Maybe if the Labrys player jumps right in front of you, which they never do. It's usually a smack in the side of the head with the axe. The blockstun and hitstun is so insanely high she can confirm from anywhere.

Anyway like I said, I'm not going to pick a match where I can either get 300 damage for making the correct anti-air of lose 50% of my life against Sentinel. It's time to move to a character that can stop cheese before it gets started. At least no one can claim Mitsuru is weak.

The only part that sucks about this is starting from square one with combos. I knew I should have listened to my gut when I bought the game.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yo GG Beats lol

Sorry but my friends came over during that last set and just dragged me away

I still gotta work on a true counter for yukiko's a attacks. the hit box on that is just so wonky. i tried back stepping, weaving back, drawing and just about anything other than blocking lol

Maybe if the Labrys player jumps right in front of you, which they never do. It's usually a smack in the side of the head with the axe. The blockstun and hitstun is so insanely high she can confirm from anywhere.

Anyway like I said, I'm not going to pick a match where I can either get 300 damage for making the correct anti-air of lose 50% of my life against Sentinel. It's time to move to a character that can stop cheese before it gets started. At least no one can claim Mitsuru is weak.

The only part that sucks about this is starting from square one with combos. I knew I should have listened to my gut when I bought the game.

You get 5A into a full combo if you AA right. If my execution was decent I could punish for about 3k with 25sp.

If they IAD dash and do B as soon as possible you can AA it FREE. If they try to cross up its a free rollout. If they do it same side you also get an AA. If they try to space it so that the IAD crosses up you can 5C them.

All of these options minus the rollout give you a full combo into oki.

Lastly the slide is punishable after the blocked grapple if you IB hit slide and 2a into a full combo. You just have to respect the grapple which is perfectly fine since if you jump you get a free whatever the hell you want. Yukiko isn't a fullscreen zoner anyways.

The only issue I can see the is the Overhead after the grapple since you can't punish it regardless of what you do. You do get a free "get off of me" with dp or awakening super though if you have good timing.

Yukiko is all about spacing. 5A will win a lot of anti airs, 5C will wins ones that 5A won't and vice versa. Lastly you also have other options just to get out if they do IAD crossup B.

edit

Of course there will be hard matchups, its just the name of the game. I don't know why you are comparing lab to sentinel, considering they play nothing alike nor have similar playstyle at all.

more edits

you can grab after the slide if you read they are going to mash 2a all day. free counter throw.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Labrys is the cutest robot girl.

False.

zRKOZ.jpg

<3

DY_nasty

You get 5A into a full combo if you AA right. If my execution was decent I could punish for about 3k with 25sp.

If they IAD dash and do B as soon as possible you can AA it FREE. If they try to cross up its a free rollout. If they do it same side you also get an AA. If they try to space it so that the IAD crosses up you can 5C them.

All of these options minus the rollout give you a full combo into oki.

Lastly the slide is punishable after the blocked grapple if you IB hit slide and 2a into a full combo. You just have to respect the grapple which is perfectly fine since if you jump you get a free whatever the hell you want. Yukiko isn't a fullscreen zoner anyways.

The only issue I can see the is the Overhead after the grapple since you can't punish it regardless of what you do. You do get a free "get off of me" with dp or awakening super though if you have good timing.

Yukiko is all about spacing. 5A will win a lot of anti airs, 5C will wins ones that 5A won't and vice versa. Lastly you also have other options just to get out if they do IAD crossup B.

edit

Of course there will be hard matchups, its just the name of the game. I don't know why you are comparing lab to sentinel, considering they play nothing alike nor have similar playstyle at all.

more edits

you can grab after the slide if you read they are going to mash 2a all day. free counter throw.
Sweet lord this

Akihiko is an easy matchup for Yukiko. Might be one of her best.

This is true, but it works against a good portion of the cast. Also akihiko isn't anywhere close to 7-3 for yukiko. Its like 6-4 which is completely fightable. Considering he has bob/weave/ducking and can IB fans all day for meter. Its just a game of patience. Yukiko can't let akihiko build meter like that or she will die.

Its all about spacing with her more than any other character.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Imagine the rage if P3's anime names him anything other than Minato Arisato.

He'll always be Minato in my heart.

Next time Atlus should just name their protagonists outright like they did Tatsuya Suou and be done with it.

Mesoian

Marvel 3 has given me so many bad habits. I'm always pressing buttons while holding block, which gets you tagged constantly.

Fuck I can quit this game happy.
just went on a 15 game win streak on player with kanji.
I beat naoto's a random yu, a 524 psr yukiko 4 times and vs a mirror match 514 psr kanji.
I lost to a naoto but he learned my habits by watching me play alot and beat me fair and square.
I feel like this right now.
PYQdq.jpg

DY_nasty

Marvel 3 has given me so many bad habits. I'm always pressing buttons while holding block, which gets you tagged constantly.

My subconscious keeps telling me "everything will be okay if you just chicken block. everything will be okay...."

Nyoro SF

This is true, but it works against a good portion of the cast. Its all about spacing with her more than any other character.

I've lost enough games to know this though. Quite a few, in fact. I'm just tired of losing to Labrys in particular. I can either let her keep repeating her completely safe un-counterable 50/50 axe mixup or I can switch to a character that doesn't let her start the mixup at all.

TheSeks

Nah, man. You got the "Summoning My Mara" edition. That misprinted edition could go up in price if you said that on eBay. :p

I've lost enough games to know this though. Quite a few, in fact. I'm just tired of losing to Labrys in particular. I can either let her keep repeating her completely safe un-counterable 50/50 axe mixup or I can switch to a character that doesn't let her start the mixup at all.

but its not safe... only one option is safe and the other is completely punishable. The other option if you react you can dp or super during the overhead.

If you just want to change character just to have a favorable matchup then its all you. Considering mitsu is probably the only one with that and even then she has some 5-5s or close to it.

Beats

Yo GG Beats lol

Sorry but my friends came over during that last set and just dragged me away

I still gotta work on a true counter for yukiko's a attacks. the hit box on that is just so wonky. i tried back stepping, weaving back, drawing and just about anything other than blocking lol

Good games. :p

I was actually pretty confused when you left, because I couldn't hear you clearly when you got on the mic. It's all good though.

gg's prototype.. Sorry the rest of the lobby wasn't much of a challenge to that magneto. One dude just got the game, and the other just started playing fighting games like 2 weeks ago.

My kanji is pretty limited atm. I did what I could!

Nah... Sorry I had to bail. My roommate got home and had to head out. Wish I played a bit longer. Kanji's still a mystery to me.

Nyoro SF

but its not safe... only one option is safe and the other is completely punishable. The other option if you react you can dp or super during the overhead.

If you just want to change character just to have a favorable matchup then its all you. Considering mitsu is probably the only one with that and even then she has some 5-5s or close to it.

I was actually talking about 2AB into overhead axe, lol. Getting one of Labrys's 8 mixups confused. After getting trolled with 5AA in the corner I guess I'm just mindfucked right now.

I was actually talking about 2AB into overhead axe, lol. Getting one of Labrys's 8 mixups confused. After getting trolled with 5AA in the corner I guess I'm just mindfucked right now.

I just turned off the game so I'll look into 2A 2B into overhead axe. To be fair yukiko pressure is stupid once she gets it started. Unblockable setup (without firebreak), good normals, and mixups a good portion of them are baits.

DY_nasty

^^And holy shit. I just realized that I have Pro on my friends list. We need to play tomorrow. I've yet to matchup with an top-end Aigis and I know you won't let me down.
Good games. :p

I was actually pretty confused when you left, because I couldn't hear you clearly when you got on the mic. It's all good though.

You got a lot better man. Your set up is tight and it really made me want to consider banking on riskier, high damage combos because your defense was just great throughout. Typically I can bait with my face against Yukiko's because the damage output simply isn't all that high and I have the lifebar to eat it then make opponents pay later but you played great man.

But yeah, I never have my mic on - I typically sit it on the dresser but when they barged in I'm sure you just heard a lot of wtf.

TheSeks

Hahahahaha. So yeah the 214C will dodge Yukiko's fans completely if you hold it down and just stay in the "dodge and weave" mode while Akihiko builds meter. Kinda leveled up there but Yukiko can probably super you out of that invulnerable stance.

Hahahahaha. So yeah the 214C will dodge Yukiko's fans completely if you hold it down and just stay in the "dodge and weave" mode while Akihiko builds meter. Kinda leveled up there but Yukiko can probably super you out of that invulnerable stance.

I would just 5D you to be honest and get you in the recovery.

At least it stops the fan spamming of death.

Now to try to dodge Elizabeth's MAGNETO BEAM OF DOOM

I believe you can roll out of that. Also the fans aren't the scary thing. Honestly if a yukiko just want to throw fans all day I'll just walk into every single one and walk her into the corner. They do 300 dmg each.

I believe akihiko has 10k right? So thats 30+ fans she needs to hit you with in order to kill you.

TheSeks

Do you need to? Isn't her beam unsafe on block midscreen?

Magneto beam of doom pushes you back.

RagingNight said:
Honestly if a yukiko just want to throw fans all day I'll just walk into every single one and walk her into the corner. They do 300 dmg each.

Why do that when I can turtle and build meter if she just wants to BB BB BB BB BB BB BB BB BB BB all day erryday? I can counter that in the break of her fans with 214214C Maziodyne from full screen and then go back to turtling until she stops the BB BB BB BB BB spam.

Nyoro SF

Do you need to? Isn't her beam unsafe on block midscreen?

It also has a crap ton of startup.

Elizabeth is all about that Persona of hers. It gives every character trouble, even the best ones. I just try to Dia whenever it gets close to me so I can break it.... this might be a bad idea in the long run.

Why do that when I can turtle and build meter if she just wants to BB BB BB BB BB BB BB BB BB BB all day erryday? I can counter that in the break of her fans with 214214C Maziodyne from full screen and then go back to turtling until she stops the BB BB BB BB BB spam.

To be honest throwing two fans is a bad idea with Yukiko, it just leaves her open to jumping attacks longer. I keep forgetting this and I get nailed by so many people. Too focused on just chucking fans. I'm slowly unlearning this though.... just one fan is good enough.

Astral

Every time I play ranked it takes forever to find a match if I customize it to find people with a good connection. It makes me not wanna play ranked at all.

Top Bottom