• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Bout to close down the lobby after this game and migrate to Pro's room guys. GGs

In the future I won't make a lobby this big. x_x

Esura

Banned
Ok, after a few hours in training I think I'm confident in Chie now (admit I nodded off a bit). I'm free if anyone want to invite me again.

Oh, and 187 on an undercover cop.

DY_nasty

Yes, that attempted counter IK was for Lambda. Just had to get that out the way early lol

MechaX

Okay, my internet has fixed itself (for now).

Whoever wants free wins, invite me. (MechaX0)

Edit: Could you send another invite Pro? It said I failed to connect to the room.

Finally finished all of story mode. Took a break from playing online/practicing combos to finish it, since I could get to know the whole roster and decide who to use from there. I'm still a Yu main, but I'm so interested in Elizabeth now. She's hilarious, and Thanatos is also an awesome looking Persona. I have to do some research!

Getting deep into the story and am loving it. Really enjoying the interactions between the p3 and p4 characters. Too scared to enter the story thread though as I've only completed Yukiko, Chie, Labrys's stories and am just about done with Mitsuru's.

MechaX

I don't think I'm ever going to beat DY Nasty at this rate. ;_;

Yeah, I might as well not even touch the controller. It would turn up with the same result in the end anyway.

I am completely free as Naoto. I practiced corner combo's and corner loops the most.

The problem is I don't know how to mixup properly with her so my knowledge regarding her mid screen game is practically non-existent.

BiggNife

So I have a quick story mode question for you guys

I just finished (like really finished) Yu's story, and I still have a bunch of the others to go, but I have one thing I really want to know:
Do you ever find out who threw Labrys into the TV or is that cliffhanger never resolved in any of the stories?

I just want a yes or a no. Please no detail.

Esura

Banned
So I have a quick story mode question for you guys

I just finished (like really finished) Yu's story, and I still have a bunch of the others to go, but I have one thing I really want to know:
Do you ever find out who threw Labrys into the TV or is that cliffhanger never resolved in any of the stories?

I just want a yes or a no. Please no detail.
No.

Is Rampage A safe on block for me? I think I might use it too much outside of combos. I don't get punished for it but still.

I feel like I should give up on Naoto.

I can't really get combo's down for her like I did with Labrys.

Like remembering how to do them without messing up in a real match.

I just get rolled over and over again. Even when I get people into the corner I still manage to fuck it up.

Need to find another character I can connect with.

TWILT

Banned
Guess that trick only works once...
I feel like I should give up on Naoto.

I can't really get combo's down for her like I did with Labrys.

Like remembering how to do them without messing up in a real match.

I just get rolled over and over again. Even when I get people into the corner I still manage to fuck it up.

Need to find another character I can connect with.

I think you should stick with her. You just need to practice more is all. I had plenty of trouble doing Yu's combos properly in a real match until I practiced more lol.

If you don't want to stick with her, I suggest someone like Chie or Akihiko.

Don't feel like getting blown up by Proto again tonight, maybe another night. Any other lobbies going on?
PSN?

MechaX

Sorry Pro, this is just going to dismal for me. Thanks for the games, but this is just disheartening after taking so much time to practice these combos and I still can't pull any of them off in an actual match (nor am I fast enough to do them consistently).

DY_nasty

I think I'm "average".

Pretty safe to use me as a baseline I think. I can steal a game or two off of Pro but until I shore up my combo game and stop trying to mindfuck people instead of actually play the game, I'm gonna stay where I'm at.

Solune

what is considered average?

I kind of want to play pro just to get blown up but I hate aigis and her 4k combos that lead to a mixup =(

Average as in, I can hit some FC combos and some bnbs, but not consistently. And I get hit by wakeup super and overheads all day everyday. And yes if some people missed it that's why I was getting mad salty at Proto because Sweep > Instant overhead leads to 4k wwwww and he hits it consistently.

DY_nasty

Salt notes:

Why the hell does j.C get stomped by damn near everyone in the game?

Caesar... you're killing me, bro. :(

Average as in, I can hit some FC combos and some bnbs, but not consistently. And I get hit by wakeup super and overheads all day everyday. And yes if some people missed it that's why I was getting mad salty at Proto because Sweep > Instant overhead leads to 4k wwwww and he hits it consistently.

to be fair that combo is apparently easy according to Q. Looking at the notation and at how many people got it down week 1 would also imply that its not a terribly difficult job.

It also does help that aigis overhead B in orgia mode is stupid =(.

I really need to quit this thread. I've been lurking for too long and it's starting to break my heart. The game is so close, yet so far for me. I even bought myself the WWE Brawlstick as my first stick (will mod it in the future) just for this game. It's going to be interesting learning a new control method.

I can't wait to start playing with GAF once I get accustomed to the stick.

Mo, we're definitely going to play! I know you're out there <3

Ken

GGs, on my defense for that horrible win/lose record, it's hard to use Yosuke properly with that lag and you also managed to learn my Liz's gimicks which made things harder >.>

Ah yeah, not much I can do about that unless you buy a plane ticket to America for me. :p

Esura

Banned
Aye that Aigis totally had her way with Chie. Awesome play Proto. Until today when I played against some other Aigis players I did not know she had an instant.

So, how was I? :(

Oh, btw I usually leave after 20 games whether I win or lose. Any more afterwards and my gameplay would of been even more sloppy.

Sorry Pro, this is just going to dismal for me. Thanks for the games, but this is just disheartening after taking so much time to practice these combos and I still can't pull any of them off in an actual match (nor am I fast enough to do them consistently).

Sometimes you gotta play through it. If you can't pull off combos, then you gotta do something else to do damage. To be honest, I wasn't hitting combos early in the sets and I literally had to go in american reset mode.

I think I'm "average".

Pretty safe to use me as a baseline I think. I can steal a game or two off of Pro but until I shore up my combo game and stop trying to mindfuck people instead of actually play the game, I'm gonna stay where I'm at.

That's part of Aki's game, it looks like. He doesn't have air coverage, but has a pretty good dodge and those dashes basically nullifies bullets. I didn't get a chance to really go at it with you though. As soon as I came back to the lobby, you left. D:

Aye that Aigis totally had her way with Chie. Awesome play Proto. Until today when I played against some other Aigis players I did not know she had an instant.

So, how was I? :(

Oh, btw I usually leave after 20 games whether I win or lose. Any more afterwards and my gameplay would of been even more sloppy.

Hah, yeah, she has instant mixups. Even on block, she can keep going as long as she has Orgia meter. I'm gonna tell you what I told Solune. You gotta take risks on DPs. Once I learn that you use it, I'd be more weary of using mixups since my timing isn't going to be good all the time and going to be eating those reversals. You can't let me get fearless/careless with my approaches.

Also, how do you get these joke endings? I've gone through Yu and Yosuke's story mode and didn't encounter anything like that. I'm guessing it's a specific choice but I'm pretty sure
Yosuke's didn't have any choices

Also, how do you get these joke endings? I've gone through Yu and Yosuke's story mode and didn't encounter anything like that. I'm guessing it's a specific choice but I'm pretty sure
Yosuke's didn't have any choices

Only
Kanji, Chie, and Yukiko
have them.

The choices to get them are pretty obvious...

and worth it.

Also, sorry I couldn't play with all of you... I got a few friends requests while I was playing but I don't make lobbies bigger than 4 so couldn't invite. I also didn't respond to a good few so....... SORRRYYY

Top Bottom