• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Its ridiculous how many normals beat out Caesar

I want a Hakumen persona :|
How do you guys manage to play so many matches at one time?

I reach about 20, and I need to take a break for a bit.

Masochism

And honestly, I learn a lot against guys like Q. I've spent the last dozen matches trying to bait him into a corner with my face then bursting to pin him in there but lolz this ain't GG.

BlackJace

How do you guys manage to play so many matches at one time?

I reach about 20, and I need to take a break for a bit.

Well, I keep telling myself that I'm gonna do one more. Then I win or lose. If I win, I'm like, "Fuck yeah! One more so I can rank up!" If I lose I'm like, "WTF, bull lemme get one more win." Repeat till I collapse of exhaustion.

Sure why not?

GG. The biggest thing I saw was you kept pressing buttons on wakeup which gave me a free setup everytime.

The next thing was that the flip-thing-a-jig I kept rolling out after the intial flip. I don't know if yosuke can read/react to it and punish but I basically saw no punish so I kept doing it lol.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Got my first hatemail last night. I smacked this Naoto player like 80 times in a row then he sent me something like "I hate all you Mitsuru tier whores :(" and it's like yeah, you totally lost because of the character I'm using and not because all you did was backdash and fire your gun aimlessly, not antiair or have a plan to keep me from getting in on you with air dashes, and DP every time I got close.

If Atlus is to be believed, they shipped every copy in North America.

Last Japanese sales numbers I read were 200k~, but that was quite awhile ago.

Pretty sure they do that with just about every game. Atlus is pretty conservative with how many units they ship IIRC.

Got my first hatemail last night. I smacked this Naoto player like 80 times in a row then he sent me something like "I hate all you Mitsuru tier whores :(" and it's like yeah, you totally lost because of the character I'm using and not because all you did was backdash and fire your gun aimlessly, not antiair or have a plan to keep me from getting in on you with air dashes, and DP every time I got close.

Pretty sure they do that with just about every game. Atlus is pretty conservative with how many units they ship IIRC.

surprisingly I don't have any hate mail (tho i quit rank a few days in) after playing yukiko. I did get a "that was smart" when a naoto tried to IK me and I dia all day long

"Champ? You mean chump? :p"

That's not what the bracket says!

Question, though. When you aren't playing my character, why are you playing a character that looks the most annoying to me?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
"Champ? You mean chump? :p"

That's not what the bracket says!

Question, though. When you aren't playing my character, why are you playing a character that looks the most annoying to me?

I wasn't even in that tournament! :lol

And I have a vast satellite network I use to figure out who you hate or use

I take it you are planning on using Yukiko because she is nu?

Esura

Banned
Eh, brain overload with all these Chie combos. Only got two memorized.

EDIT: I like Mitsuru too. Love that Coup. Is Coup safe on block?

Lunar15

I love this game so much and I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I couldn't remember a combo if it killed me. But everything about the game feels so good and well done, I can't help but smile every time I get my ass kicked.

MechaX

Well, I keep telling myself that I'm gonna do one more. Then I win or lose. If I win, I'm like, "Fuck yeah! One more so I can rank up!" If I lose I'm like, "WTF, bull lemme get one more win." Repeat till I collapse of exhaustion.

Yeah, I always get struck with that symptom only when I actually have something to do the next day. Quite infuriating.

Masochism

And honestly, I learn a lot against guys like Q. I've spent the last dozen matches trying to bait him into a corner with my face then bursting to pin him in there but lolz this ain't GG.

Well, on that note, I think I'll queue up for the eventual Q beatings. I really want to get better with Aigis.

My PSN is MechaX0.

Young Magus

GG. The biggest thing I saw was you kept pressing buttons on wakeup which gave me a free setup everytime.

The next thing was that the flip-thing-a-jig I kept rolling out after the intial flip. I don't know if yosuke can read/react to it and punish but I basically saw no punish so I kept doing it lol.

GG to you as well, yea I got to work on my Yosuke a bit more, mostly on the defense and aerial side of things, yo Q any help as to what I did wrong when I was in your lobby?

Top Bottom