• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Well that was fun for me, but since it wasn't for anyone else, I promise I won't join any future tournaments or play with any more gaffers. :p

I had to drop out of the tourney last minute because I had to drive somewhere, but I still need to play you. =(

EDIT: top page gotta think of something uhhh labby's the better robot gal

I lose 7 games to a row to the same naoto, she was a C at the time I was a B. We trade places.

I then played a bunch of wakeup press button players and refused to play online. I'm a set player.

Busaiku

Ok, so I made it to Teddie that destroyed me with a Circus Bear that traversed the screen 3 times at like 3x the speed.
What the heck.

Well that was fun for me, but since it wasn't for anyone else, I promise I won't join any future tournaments or play with any more gaffers. :p

Hey man,when I get my 360 back. I wanna run a FT10 set with you also the lag isn't bad if you wait a little.

goldensun

There was a tourney? Damn, I was free most of the afternoon and I was too busy playing Persona 4 on an emulator :(

I'll enter the next one for sure when we have it (on 360)!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So Score Attack is harder than Arcade Mode on Hell?
Cause that was absolutely nothing and just a huge waste of time.

Are you talking BB:CS Hell? Because once you know how to ICE CAR in Brokenner Mode, Hell becomes kinda laughable.

I haven't tried P4U in Hell mode...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Anyone else still getting 0 bars on the lag indicator? It's really weird...

I find Orgia mode isn't that hard to deal with once you realize everyone loves doing some low hits than an easy overhead into the same low hits than an overhead or two overheads than some more low hits and maybe some other stuff.

My personal strategy for winning is IAD j5B over and over again until I lose or the enemy doesn't block high and I get a combo.

TWILT can attest to this.

K.Sabot

I find Orgia mode isn't that hard to deal with once you realize everyone loves doing some low hits than an easy overhead into the same low hits than an overhead or two overheads than some more low hits and maybe some other stuff.

Especially when she can't do low hits -- dash -- low hit frame trap to fake overheads in orgia mode.

My personal strategy for winning is IAD j5B over and over again until I lose or the enemy doesn't block high and I get a combo.

May have to play you soon. My blockstrings end up being short.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member

The blockstring is up to the player though. Aigis can cancel almost any A/B normal or sweep into the instant overhead so they can mix it up in any way they want.

The blockstring is up to the player though. Aigis can cancel almost any A/B normal or sweep into the instant overhead so they can mix it up in any way they want.

The main problem with aigis is that the instant overhead leads to BIG damage. Not that I'm complaining though.

Edit: the other problem is that the sweep leads to even bigger damage

Busaiku

What I don't get is why the CPU Yosuke, which already had permanent Sukukaja, would then waste 150 meter using 3 straight in a row, when I was knocked down too.

Tek got the game! COME AT ME! I WANT MY REVENGE FROM NU!!!

fuck my life. So basically my blocking has to be better. I already thought my blocking was slightly above avg at best, mediocre/fray at worst.

You don't want to be stuck blocking Aigis, that's for sure. She can go as long as she has Orgia meter.

edit: sent a few friend requests

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
fuck my life. So basically my blocking has to be better. I already thought my blocking was slightly above avg at best, mediocre/fray at worst.
Anytime the boost jB is used all characters can DP out of it. In higher level play aigis players actually respect that option and stagger their blockstrings to scare them into eating a bait as well as making the boost JB more unpredictable in the string.

I just all out rush down most of the time on netplay though xd

Anytime the boost jB is used all characters can DP out of it. In higher level play aigis players actually respect that option and stagger their blockstrings to scare them into eating a bait as well as making the boost JB more unpredictable in the string.

I just all out rush down most of the time on netplay though xd

If your timing is good, sweep -> boost jB is a legit blockstring.

edit: also tek isn't answering my match request. I'm free to play if anyone wants to.

MechaX

Thanks for the invite Prototype, but I'm going to just watch a couple of matches in another room and take it easy for the night (at least for the immediate future). If you're playing tomorrow, don't hesitate to send an invite.

Never said I was a perfect blocker or anything.

Just that I've seen a lot of Aigis players doing the same few things until the opponent messes up and gets hit.

Kind of like doing IAD j5B's all day until I get a hit. Although Aigis seems to have better air options so I have to learn to j5B every other IAD instead.

Scratch

ggs.

Too bad there were a few connections I had that were really laggy and I had to resort to just playing ultra lame but I guess that's how online tournaments go.

Nah it wasn't that lame. I mean I feel all the end matches boiled down :

”is he gonna dp?? He did it! Yeeah punish-”
”bufudyne!”
”-shit!”

TheExodu5

Banned
So far I'm liking Chie. Very mobile...her attacks feel pretty right to me. I might stick with her.

Oh god, Tek has the game. I will forever be scarred by your Nu-13.

Top Bottom