• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Onemic

Finished my exams, so now I can focus on this thing!

Starting to train with Akihiko now and his moveset is so much different than Mitsu. His rekkas aren't straightforward like in SF.

Fuck yes cleared all of Elizabeth's challenges! The hardest was definitely number 26, but using pause helped me to find the timing
cheat my way
into getting the first hit after Shuffle Time.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm so close to snapping this disc in half in pure rage.
No I ain't, because I ain't stupid enough to do that.
Online is a total bullshit rage simulator.

Get a 3 bar connection, butter smooth during the intro (AND THEY DIDN'T SKIP!) suddenly packet loss as soon as the match start and they blame it on their connection and it's like "uh, dude, if it was your connection it wouldn't have been butter smooth during the intro"

And the numerous losses. Get into a beginner player match room and just get thrown around like I'm a rag doll without even getting a hit in.

Buyers remorse |OT|? Buyers remorse |OT|.

Steaks

ZdEZn.png

Beckx

Get a 3 bar connection, butter smooth during the intro (AND THEY DIDN'T SKIP!) suddenly packet loss as soon as the match start and they blame it on their connection and it's like "uh, dude, if it was your connection it wouldn't have been butter smooth during the intro"

And the numerous losses. Get into a beginner player match room and just get thrown around like I'm a rag doll without even getting a hit in.

Do you have the 360 or PS3 version? I have 360 now, but PS3 coming in next week. As anyone could see from the stream, I'm beyond terrible (going to add my matches to my YouTube channel later today for critique).

I'd be more than happy to match up for a set to practice. On late eves, usually.

-------

Re: above posts about Aki as a rekka character. He is/isn't. Kill Rush is a rekka move but with key differences to the prototypical rekka (my beloved Fei Long) - not just that you don't repeat, but it's not safe on block, appears to have terrible move priority, and thus not a great poke substitute. You can catch people with it, but it's not like Fei at all.

Sophia

I like the guy who raged on my earlier because I started winning as Aigis. Connection was mysteriously butter smooth until I started winning in the final round. Then things got choppy. Then they froze up entirely. Then "Your Opponent's connection has been lost."

Lawls. >_>;

Shito

Watching the cross-counter stream archive: that Kanji follow-up whiffed on purpose as a setup for the throw super makes me want to play the character.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I like the guy who raged on my earlier because I started winning as Aigis. Connection was mysteriously butter smooth until I started winning in the final round. Then things got choppy. Then they froze up entirely. Then "Your Opponent's connection has been lost."

Lawls. >_>;

The thing is, they won the first round. And then somehow (mysteriously!) I styled all over them EVEN with the lag. Then the third round starts and I'm even WORSE with terrible lag starting.

I mean it was crazy.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Having a rough run online - 50 games played with Yukiko, 24% win rate heh. Still stuck at E.

I don't think I'll ever hit C at this rate.

Nyoro SF

Having a rough run online - 50 games played with Yukiko, 24% win rate heh. Still stuck at E.

I don't think I'll ever hit C at this rate.

I think Yukiko's worst matchups are Mitsuru and Yu. As I progress higher in rank with my 53% win rate I find these matchups more often, which sucks.

Sophia

Wow, the AI in this game is really something else. Here I am trying out Shadow Labrys in arcade mode, thinking "Wow, this AI could really fuck me or my Persona over if it spammed Teddie's unblockable attack three times because I'm such a noob", and it proceeded to do exactly that upon hitting 150 special.

Esura

Banned
Question.

Wouldn't it be better to set up for an oki with Chie from 2A, 2B, 2AB instead of 2A, 5AA, 5B, 2B, 2AB? Sometimes that 5B just don't connect.

Been practicing moving and getting in and hitconfirming consistently all morning. :(

Sophia

Prolly couldn't think of a story for her. :p

Oh, since you use her...how does Aigis act when not in Orgia mode? Just...curious...

You mean gameplay? Usually I'm playing defensive. 2B is exceptionally strong as an anti-air move, and a well timed 2C (for ranged liked Yukiko) or 5C. Her Persona's D (counter) ability is exceptionally strong when used alongside her sweep.

And it has more to do with the fact that Elizabeth, Labrys, and Shadow Labrys weren't part of the original arcade game, I think. They were added in at a later date... would have been nice to give them SOME events for the console version however.

Esura

Banned
You mean gameplay? Usually I'm playing defensive. 2B is exceptionally strong as an anti-air move, and a well timed 2C (for ranged liked Yukiko) or 5C. Her Persona's D (counter) ability is exceptionally strong when used alongside her sweep.

And it has more to do with the fact that Elizabeth, Labrys, and Shadow Labrys weren't part of the original arcade game, I think. They were added in at a later date... would have been nice to give them SOME events for the console version however.

Yeah, the gameplay. Thanks for the tips. You and proto made me want to at least try my hands in Aigis as well. Maybe it will also help me fight her better too.

And wait...Elizabeth has no ending in Arcade mode? Wut?

Sophia

perorist gave me some pretty awesome tips earlier on in the thread for Aigis, including a very useful normal-mode BnB if you have to fight the enemy head on.

First post. Second post.

I'll probably be playing for the next couple of hours and later on tonight at around midnight Eastern if you want to have a few matches, Esura.

Edit: I KNEW THAT NAME SOUNDED FAMILIAR. Xia, you might want to check your connection. That was unplayable. :(

Finding a GAFer through randoms = Whoa.

GabbyJay

Ben's Lens Ben's Lens Ben's Lens
Hey, I'm looking for some people to play regularly. I main Kanji and am having no trouble online, but I'm looking to find people to play longer sets with so that they can adapt to my shenanigans. My rank bounces between B+ and C+ XBL = hotcheesebandit

Esura

Banned
perorist gave me some pretty awesome tips earlier on in the thread for Aigis, including a very useful normal-mode BnB if you have to fight the enemy head on.

First post. Second post.

I'll probably be playing for the next couple of hours and later on tonight at around midnight Eastern if you want to have a few matches, Esura.

Yeah, I'll be home around midnight. Usually I'd watch Adult Swim at that time but whatever, this is Persona 4 bro. Can't stay hogged up in training room forever. :D

Also, thanks for that link.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I think I just ran into Marrshu. Apologies for the lag, apparently my 3-yo daughter decided to start watching Care Bears online vids during the match.

Sophia

I think I just ran into Marrshu. Apologies for the lag, apparently my 3-yo daughter decided to start watching Care Bears online vids during the match.

Ah, so that's what caused it. Yeah cuz it wasn't there at first but it made the match unplayable. :(

I'm about ready to simply stop accepting games from anyone who has a one bar connection. Far too many times the game has just lagged up at essential moments, and you cannot have any lag when playing as Aigis.

I almost suspect the last person of cheating, given how the game mysteriously lagged when he was on his last bit of health, allowing him victory....

Deps

Hey, I'm looking for some people to play regularly. I main Kanji and am having no trouble online, but I'm looking to find people to play longer sets with so that they can adapt to my shenanigans. My rank bounces between B+ and C+ XBL = hotcheesebandit

Where do you live? I'm down for long sets if connections good.

Top Bottom