• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

GGs Proto. Sorry for that random disconnect at the end there. X_x

Mad difficult to block your Aigis haha.

GGs! I'd just pretend that I was beating you so badly you raged, although I have only won once in the 10 match rally, haha.

Yeah, Aigis can be dangerous if set up correctly. The problem is that you never let me get to that position to be threatening. I hate DPs.

vocab

I think slab is gonna be my sub. I just need to know how to know when to block with pet.

I just need to find some things to work on. Give me advice Q :D

Sophia

So... anyone noticed that everyone's A79 voice clip is them summoning their ultimate persona?

What does this mean?

It means DLC and $$$$ and Atlus wanting yours.

(I actually have no idea. Given Atlus's track record it could very well be dummied out content. :p)

I can't remember if I asked this before but is there a recommended order for Story mode?

So far I'm doing all the investigation team, then after that I'll be doing the P3 characters. Then I'm assuming
Labrys at the end.

LuuKyK

I FINALLY have the game! lol

So, if anyone wanna crush me on the online mode just add me on PSN: LuuKyK. lol I am really bad at this, but I'm liking it so far. x_x

I can't remember if I asked this before but is there a recommended order for Story mode?

So far I'm doing all the investigation team, then after that I'll be doing the P3 characters. Then I'm assuming
Labrys at the end.

That's what I'm doing...except I'm saving a complete run through of Yu's story for last.

Since
Labrys
opens up the rest of the cast true endings.

LuuKyK

That's what I'm doing...except I'm saving a complete run through of Yu's story for last.

Since
Labrys
opens up the rest of the cast true endings.

What?

So after I beat the
Labrys
story I have to play all the story modes again to have true endings? Is that right?

hao chi

I FINALLY have the game! lol

So, if anyone wanna crush me on the online mode just add me on PSN: LuuKyK. lol I am really bad at this, but I'm liking it so far. x_x

You're already on my friends list, so just invite me if/when you want to play. I'm still pretty bad at this game myself.

seems like every character gets their own true end but I'm not sure.

I'm guessing Yu's is the canon ending tho.

If you‘ve seen Yosuke/Chie/Yukiko then you‘ve basicly seen Yu‘s. They set it up so that it really doesn‘t matter who wins tbh.

And yay I can finally access gaf again.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Yeesh. I don't understand this game at all.

So far it seems like there's:

0 jump-ins. Every attack's anti air! Whee! Closing distance is pointless unless you lunge forward and then block a string.

I try to dash in and lose to people tossing out the off combo starter. Again, it seems like the only answer is block.

Gets frustrating in a hurry while trying to play as Chie. What am I missing? Starting to feel like this guy:

http://youtu.be/dIWxO0TaOt0

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

0 jump-ins. Every attack's anti air! Whee! Closing distance is pointless unless you lunge forward and then block a string.

I try to dash in and lose to people tossing out the off combo starter. Again, it seems like the only answer is block.

Gets frustrating in a hurry while trying to play as Chie. What am I missing? Starting to feel like this guy:

It just comes down to knowing what options your character has, what options your opponent's character has, and getting used to the game and the meta in general. Even though there are airdashes and air blocking and such, movement risk/reward seems more in line with Street Fighter than it is with Marvel because almost everyone has a universal air unblockable.

Deitus

seems like every character gets their own true end but I'm not sure.

I'm guessing Yu's is the canon ending tho.

I'm not so sure about that.

In Yu's end
you have a confrontation with a hacker, and he hints that he is only working for the big bad.

In the Naoto/Aigis/Mitsuru (and I'm guessing Akihiko) end
you actually confront the "Malevolent Entity" responsible for everything, and he hints at what his ultimate plan is. Of course it only makes a vague reference to even having to work with a human.

The no spoil version: Yu's end definitely doesn't tell the whole story, while the P3 cast and Naoto's end does.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
It just comes down to knowing what options your character has, what options your opponent's character has, and getting used to the game and the meta in general. Even though there are airdashes and air blocking and such, movement risk/reward seems more in line with Street Fighter than it is with Marvel because almost everyone has a universal air unblockable.

I suppose it's all just strange feeling to me still. Pretty much my first Arc game...

hao chi

I'm not so sure about that.

In Yu's end
you have a confrontation with a hacker, and he hints that he is only working for the big bad.

In the Naoto/Aigis/Mitsuru (and I'm guessing Akihiko) end
you actually confront the "Malevolent Entity" responsible for everything, and he hints at what his ultimate plan is. Of course it only makes a vague reference to even having to work with a human.

The no spoil version: Yu's end definitely doesn't tell the whole story, while the P3 cast and Naoto's end does.

I think Elizabeth's story will also be important for the next Persona game.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I suppose it's all just strange feeling to me still. Pretty much my first Arc game...

I'm still only just beginning to learn matchup particulars and such so I might be wrong, but it also wouldn't surprise me if Chie has a harder time getting inside in general since her pressure is fucking ridiculous once she's in there.

There are some vids of MarlinPie playing Chie up on 8wayrun's YouTube so you might want to peep those to see how he gets in.

Ken

Block well and know that some characters have anti-air options that are air unblockable?

I kept wondering why I kept getting hit by one of Yosuke's move whenever I was trying to air dash in against him and then I found out it was air unblockable and spent much less time in the air.

Deitus

I think Elizabeth's story will also be important for the next Persona game.

Yeah, that's definitely true.

My guess is the closest thing to canon is they reconcile all of the stories in way that looks like they all helped save the day (but maybe Yu lead the charge). Elizabeth was there doing her thing
and she still challenged Yu at the end, but she didn't interfere during the Labrys/S.Labrys confrontation
. At the very end
the Malevolent Entity makes its appearance, possibly after the hacker was thwarted
. And of course Labrys' story is canon because it doesn't contradict anyone's story.

No single story really seems like it could be considered canon
(except Labrys, but that ends pretty much at the start of the main story)

Solune

GGs! I'd just pretend that I was beating you so badly you raged, although I have only won once in the 10 match rally, haha.

Yeah, Aigis can be dangerous if set up correctly. The problem is that you never let me get to that position to be threatening. I hate DPs.

Doesn't stop you from doing yours!

PBalfredo

Alright, time to get serious about learning Teddy and Naoto. I need some good BnB for those two. Especially for follow ups for after hitting with Teddy's B and Naoto's C. I know there should be something I can do to follow up, but I'm at a loss and just letting it drop after the hit.

Alucrid

Banned
Hmm I'm having trouble with double qcf inputs for some reason. If I do as I normally would in street fighter it ends up being too fast (?) and only comes out as one qcf which makes canceling into supers incredibly hard.

Anyone know where I can get the inputs for Yosuke's challenge no.30? I just got the game. I went straight into challenge mode and hes the first character I picked.

So I hooked up the old PS2 and loaded up my old The Answer file.

I'm about 14 hours in so I suspect I still have a ways to go.

This is something I want to finish up before I continue with P4:A's story.

Alucrid

Banned
I had a problem with that too when I first started playing stick what I did to get around it was I alter the way I hold the stick while doing the motion. You should try that and see what's best for you

Okay, thanks. I guess I'll try out the wineglass lol

Deitus

So I hooked up the old PS2 and loaded up my old The Answer file.

I'm about 14 hours in so I suspect I still have a ways to go.

This is something I want to finish up before I continue with P4:A's story.

Definitely do it before you play Elizabeth's story mode. None of the other story modes should really spoil anything from The Answer.

Edit- Actually, Aigis's story has minor spoilers from the Answer also, but mostly from the first 10 minutes or so.

Top Bottom