• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Graaaah! Why must every Elizabeth user I face online spam Shuffle Time? I beat the last one I faced, but fuck me its annoying :p

Well, if they always do it then either start teching it or stop getting counterhit :p

As a Liz user I find it annoying that it literally can't kill you. Sure it may lead to death what with the confuse/fear thing, but it'd be nice if it did at least a little damage >.>

BlackJace

You can tech it.

Well, if they always do it then either start teching it or stop getting counterhit :p

Yeah, that's how I beat the last one. I just wanted to vent, is all. Maziodyne spammers are my favorite because I can just Swift Strike right under and punish.

Another funny thing about spammers is that no matter how many times you demonstrate being hip to their tactics, they still continue to spam.

FIG-MOE-5655.jpg

Yukiko figma pre-order for late September.
What? I thought yukiko was released in August :(

Wow, my fingers keep hitting the wrong buttons. Is there a "general" way to place your fingers on a stick? I'm having a hard time doing... well, anything.

cj_iwakura

The remixes are damn good. I'd take them in game in a heartbeat.

And yeah, yesterday wore me out. One scrub Elizabeth over and over.

Slurmer

Banned
My problem isn't with the set-up, really; it's just that this is my first time using a stick and I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I've only been using it for an hour or two, but, sheesh... so hard.

Oh ok. My best advice in that case is to go to training mode and turn on the option to show your inputs and try some moves from the command list. Go to challenge mode from there and try some combos.

A lot of this game is timing too. Some of the presses for combos need to be more deliberate, while others need to be quicker. Look on YouTube for combo videos that also show the player and how he is entering the combo on the stick for even more pointers.

It's takes time to get used to, but you'll get it eventually.

Astral

I have a harder time fighting scrubby Yu than a Yu who knows his shit. Blocking random Raging Lions and lightning cars back to back is hard. :(

cj_iwakura

strangejourney-8a.png

Be attitude for gains!

• Marrshu 529
    QisTopTier 403
    Ragingnight 333
    BlackJace 303
    Ken 235
    TheSeks 219
    onemic 211
    cj_iwakura 206
    God's Beard 190
    Tomat 179
    vocab 174
    Infinite 173
    Busaiku 172
    perorist 164
    LeadProtagonist 164
    SolarKnight 150
    DY_nasty 149
    PoorFate 143
    Parakeetman 143
    Noi 143
    we.are.the.armada 133
    TWILT 132
    Esura 120
    Knux-Future 102
    PartTimeWarrior 102
    zlatko 100

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Also, dat lag.

Yeah, I dunno why it's stuttering since my connection seems fine tonight... maybe I need to bitch at my ISP some more.

Also I can't believe I pulled off a last second win against Junpei. I have no clue how the hell I did that when he was nearly going to KO me in that Akihiko mirror match.

TheSeks

LMAO at that win. "Oh, Seks is going for the IK? *IK to prevent being sucked in."

"OH NO YOU LE DON'T. *back dash*"

(Both aren't IK'ed, comes down to who can outwit the other into hits)

Onemic

ggs seks. Still have to learn how to get in and properly use my combos with aki. Hes not even close to being ready for anything outside training mode.

Gonna eat. I'm probably gonna go into training some more. I'm surprised I was enjoying myself even with all the failure.

Nice icons for the room, BTW.

TheSeks

ggs seks. Still have to learn how to get in and properly use my combos with aki. Hes not even close to being ready for anything outside training mode.

Pffft. I'm terrible don't be modest.

And Dragonlife got a win out of me as well using C C C C C C C C C to bounce/over-head me. Dunno how to get out of that in a mirror match just yet. New thing to learn.

That said, Dragonlife promptly learned that once I put baby in the corner, it's over for him.

TheSeks

I was determined to pull off a super, but it seems I kept messing it up, thus leaving myself open to abuse.

Yeah, I kept trying to Maziodyne in haste on your assaults or while you were hitstunned and kept getting the Thunderfist buff (forgetting it's name) since they're both C/D supers. Kinda annoying.

Top Bottom