• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Venfayth

I think part of my problem with Liz is that I feel too dirty when someone can't deal with desu-ruptor spam. I almost always change my strategy and just go in to make the fight more interesting.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Id be down for some matches but my wireless is off the charts bad today. :( I need to invest in a gaming router instead of $30 garbage.

If I'm not dead from work and my connection isn't poopy, I'd like to play against you and the others tonight for like an hour or two.

I'll probably have my losses out number my wins (if any wins) but hey gotta attempt it right?

Just had a 12 game win-streak on ranked with Akihiko, scumbagged 3 wins with the instant-kill. 1 guy tried to block it, 1 guy tried to punish me and jumped into it, 1 guy got sandwiched between aki and the globe. Pretty embarrassing for both of us honestly.

I should probably learn the optimal combos for Akihiko so I can do more damage on punish. I've tried to get the JB loop down so I can do 7k on fatal counter but they always drop out for some reason, maybe it's a tight link or something. Right now, I only do the around 4k on punish with 25 meter.

Need to work on my post-machine gun punch mix-up a bit, maybe add in the sweep/overhead or ex duck. I didn't know people can actually mash dp between the body-blow followup, that complicates things a little.

Oh and bypassing awakening is the most satisfying thing ever.

I've heard that the j.B loop is a 2-frame link, which would explain why you're having difficulty performing it online.

Yep, Kill Rush followups are Akihiko's endless struggle. He's easy to pick up, but he's hard to play because you constantly have to be thinking about your opponent's defense/reversal options, your optimal offensive options, and how to execute them. In the heat of a match, you need to be able to detach yourself and observe your opponent's defensive habits in order to capitalize accordingly, sometimes taking risks for bigger damage. If you can't get a read on your opponent, it's difficult to mount a proper offense, and it can be downright dangerous if your offense isn't tight enough.

Sweep is a good way to close out a blocked string, but you have to make it tight or the opponent can DP out. I'm finding that EX duck and EX weave are both very useful -- the former really changes the dynamic of the string and usually forces your opponent into action (if it doesn't connect), and the latter for baiting stuff out. Mixing up the order of your follow-ups helps too in throwing your opponent's sense of timing off.

Mesoian

Is this combo only possible in corner? I've yet to do all this as my BnB for Chie. Hell I even printed off a ton of her combos/mix ups for mid and corner, as well as lead to Oki/damage off of dustloop and didn't notice this one.

Any video links to it by chance?

----

As for how goes my Chie experience as my main it's damn fantastic. I got to B rank(C+now), and have over 300 PSR as well as hit level 20. I even have videos saved of me beating S+ ranked players. Mitsuru players at that.

I don't have any match ups that I feel give me too many issues, but Naoto and Teddie give me a run for my money. Oh and DP happy Yu's I have to quickly adjust to.

It's a corner BnB, yeah. Here's a video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjHH-83LtnI

Venfayth

Turn that frown upside down.

U7bSp.png

Just got the game.

First thing I did was to go into training to practice using the stick... yeah, this is going to take a while.

Didn't know you had a stick. XBL or PSN?

Nose Master

Just got this: Should I be working auto-combos out as I get better, or are they still good for starting combos and just dropping the last automatic bits?

Mesoian

Just got this: Should I be working auto-combos out as I get better, or are they still good for starting combos and just dropping the last automatic bits?

Column a, column b. There are some situations where burning an autocombo can get you into a better position, inflict a better status ailment on your opponent.

Venfayth

I'll add you when I get home, I've been playing mostly on XBL but now I think I've got more people on PSN

If anyone else wants to play my scrub liz, add me (psn): Truglin

Nose Master

Anyone have bnbs for Teddie? His auto-combo seems pretty ass, and I don't really know what I'm doing with him other than j. a, item spam, and bat.

CatPee

CatPee, you weren't bad, though. You were able to get in and destroyed me in round two, I had no choice but to adjust my tactics. So, hell yeah you get a "GG" I really want to help foster this community, and I felt scummy laming you out. :3

Up for a rematch sometime? I've honed up my Chie some since yesterday. >:)

I honestly have no clue how to beat Mitsuru with Chie.

I can't get in on dem pokes and when I do she just DPs through what little pressure I am able to muster. ;__;

Ken

I still don't understand how to charge backwards while also pressing down. And that's required for one of her challenge moves.

Hold back-down. So 1 in number notation while facing right.

I'm guessing it's asking you to do sweep into Coup Droit so do sweep using 1AB rather than 2AB.

Venfayth

I really want to learn Aigis, but I have no idea what her gameplan is supposed to be.

Orgia Mode: Rush down
Not Orgia Mode: Wait for Orgia Mode?

I really want to learn Aigis, but I have no idea what her gameplan is supposed to be.

Orgia Mode: Rush down
Not Orgia Mode: Wait for Orgia Mode?

Pretty much. Best case scenario is to activate Orgia Mode in an oki set up and make them guess all day long.

In non-Orgia mode, you want to keep the opponent away so you can fill your meter.

zlatko

Banned
So what OST you can pick is the one that plays during one of the P4 boss fights?
Think it's the one that plays against the giant eyeball boss in the first part of it.

Top Bottom