• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Xevren

Going through an identity crisis and no idea who to play. Played Liz for awhile so trying to change it up. My Aigis and Teddie are butt, but did alright with Yu.

Dantis

That didn't last too long:

3h6pc.png

Holy fuck I hate Atlus right now.

Seriously, fuck that company. Talk about undeserved reputation.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I really hate their decision to region lock, but blocking off videos to protect copyright is reasonable for any media company to do, as futile as it is. Especially story missions which might be the main draw of the audience. Well, for those who live in the available regions anyway. :(

Dantis

I really hate their decision to region lock, but blocking off videos to protect copyright is reasonable for any media company to do, as futile as it is. Especially story missions which might be the main draw of the audience. Well, for those who live in the available regions anyway. :(

We'll have to disagree on that one, buddy. Seems like a total dick move to me.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm just saying that they're probably not doing that to specifically spite PAL fans, probably has more to do with not losing sales in their available regions.

What they're doing is dumb and ultimately futile though.

Dantis

I'm just saying that they're probably not doing that to specifically spite PAL fans.

What they're doing is dumb and ultimately futile though.

I am certain that it's not to spite EU fans, but I'm slightly concerned they saw my post on here and removed them.

This whole thing reflects poorly on them, and I'll be sure to have it influence my future purchases.

Beckx

Any early morning players around?

Also, re yesterday's discussion of focusing your eyes not on your character but on your opponent, this is a bad habit that's going to take time to break. But I could see benefits immediately. Thanks for the tip.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
We'll have to disagree on that one, buddy. Seems like a total dick move to me.

If this was almost any other game, I'd agree with you, but story mode is literally 99% story and 1% holding forward and mashing autocombo. Watching it on YouTube is practically the exact same experience as actually playing it. Considering that story mode is a major selling point of the game and a lot of people are buying it purely because of story mode, it's perfectly reasonable for Atlus to nuke story mode LPs.

Dantis

If this was almost any other game, I'd agree with you, but story mode is literally 95% story, 5% holding forward and mashing autocombo. Watching it on YouTube is practically the exact same experience as actually playing it. Considering that story mode is a major selling point of the game and a lot of people are buying it purely because of it, it's pretty understandable that Atlus would want to nuke story mode LPs.

I doubt that anybody who intended to buy the game would change their mind just because they saw the story on Youtube. And most people who want it already have it.

Like I say, total dick move. I guess it's my own fault for posting the link, but I was just trying to do people a favour. :/

Ken

Any early morning players around?

Also, re yesterday's discussion of focusing your eyes not on your character but on your opponent, this is a bad habit that's going to take time to break. But I could see benefits immediately. Thanks for the tip.

We can try playing but if it lags too much just disband the room after the first round. I won't be mad.

GT: Chocopolka

Shito

I doubt that anybody who intended to buy the game would change their mind just because they saw the story on Youtube. And most people who want it already have it.
Isn't it the purpose of why you want to see the story on youtube, though? So you don't have to buy the game now that it gets delayed to whenever?
I thought I saw you say something like that on the other topic, but maybe I'm mistaken: sorry if that's the case.

cjkeats

My fightsticks arrived yesterday! Two WWE Brawlsticks, one for each console. I don't play a ton of fighting games, but I plan on sticking to this one, and hopefully it'll lead into more.
Played a bit with them last night, and it's gonna take come getting used to. I had a fight-pad while I waited for them to get used to the button layout, but it's totally different being flat across rather than under my thumb.

Time to replace the buttons, stick and decal to something sexier though. Any of you guys P4-out your sticks (love to see what art you've used) or have recommendations for what's good in parts?

Ken

I remember when I got my first stick for SSFIV. My hands were like "I can't do this" for the first week or so. @_@

GGs Beckx.

Beckx

GGs Ken - lag was a non-factor. Occasionally popped up or messed up a combo, but nothing major for me. Time to get ready for work.

You should save your bursts for when I hit red axe though.

I'm still in the OMG PANIC stage with bursts. Trying to make myself more patient.

Ken

GGs Ken - lag was a non-factor. Occasionally popped up or messed up a combo, but nothing major for me.

Yeah I'm usually scared of winning because of lag, so I'd rather not play if it's unplayable.

You should save your bursts for when I hit red axe though.

SUPARSTARX

My fightsticks arrived yesterday! Two WWE Brawlsticks, one for each console. I don't play a ton of fighting games, but I plan on sticking to this one, and hopefully it'll lead into more.
Played a bit with them last night, and it's gonna take come getting used to. I had a fight-pad while I waited for them to get used to the button layout, but it's totally different being flat across rather than under my thumb.

Time to replace the buttons, stick and decal to something sexier though. Any of you guys P4-out your sticks (love to see what art you've used) or have recommendations for what's good in parts?

Did this to mine!
7760882274_55e374193f_c.jpg

I just picked up some of the new silent Sanwa OBSF-S buttons to put into my VLX, the noise reduction is pretty significant. They're being sold online like $3.75 per piece. I am waiting for the silent JLF's to go down in retail price first before buying one because they are retailing for $80 w/ball and harness here in NYC. If not, I'll probably pick up the silent mod zippy's off paradisearcadeshop.com

VerTiGo

Banned
I'm looking to drop some cash on a new fighter. Not sure if I should get this or JoJo on PSN. Any input from you guys?

I loved Guilty Gear but was not so crazy about BB. Never played JoJo on the DC and always wanted to back then (I couldn't find it at the time).

Keep in mind I adore Capcom fighters. Thanks peeps.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Don't fret it too much; I learned a lot from the Aigis play, but I was still thinking "man, I still have a tremendously long way to go before I stop eating 4k combos from overheads."

Hell, I still need to really find a suitable main to renew my motivation.

if it makes you feel better I eat them 60% of the time still :lol online

I'm looking to drop some cash on a new fighter. Not sure if I should get this or JoJo on PSN. Any input from you guys?

I loved Guilty Gear but was not so crazy about BB. Never played JoJo on the DC and always wanted to back then (I couldn't find it at the time).

Get this.

Get this, no one's gonna play JoJo

brettreyu

Think I've figured out a lot of my issues with Chie are matchup related. When I can get in on someone and unleash a string, the health just melts away but it's all or nothing. Elizabeth and Naoto have been the bane of my existence so far.

Anybody down for some games tonight around 8:30 PST?

Sounds like a "Worst Player In The World" tourney is in order to me.

Great idea.

cjkeats

Did this to mine!

I just picked up some of the new silent Sanwa OBSF-S buttons to put into my VLX, the noise reduction is pretty significant. They're being sold online like $3.75 per piece. I am waiting for the silent JLF's to go down in retail price first before buying one because they are retailing for $80 w/ball and harness here in NYC. If not, I'll probably pick up the silent mod zippy's off paradisearcadeshop.com

So awesome. I kinda like the click, it helps me with learning the combs, especially the ones with quarter circles.

That reminds me, I need to order one of those Chie's to go next to Aigis.

Afrocious

I demand to join this tournament of being the worst P4A player in the world.

If this is not set up, I will be upset.

Also I need to play more GAF folks...haven't had too much time to play with work, raiding in TOR, etc....

Question: What does dp mean? All that I can think of is dragonpunch.

Top Bottom