• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

PBalfredo

How can you get out of Kanji doing a grab on you during wakeup? I try jumping but he still grabs me anyway.

Kanji's dive will miss if you're ducking. So if you see a dive coming, just 2B.

Edit: misread Kanji's grab for his dive. Freuden slip on my part since my buddy plays Kanji and loves dive bombin' Kanji all day, every day.

I demand to join this tournament of being the worst P4A player in the world.

If this is not set up, I will be upset.

Also I need to play more GAF folks...haven't had too much time to play with work, raiding in TOR, etc....

Question: What does dp mean? All that I can think of is dragonpunch.

You got it! It's B+D in p4a.

Beckx

Haha thanks...but what does B+D mean?

Don't be afraid to tell me to google something lol

First page has a lot of useful info - this is your "R action"

mm9.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
ABCD are the four buttons corresponding to Weak Attack, Strong Attack, Weak Persona, Strong persona.

Dantis

Isn't it the purpose of why you want to see the story on youtube, though? So you don't have to buy the game now that it gets delayed to whenever?
I thought I saw you say something like that on the other topic, but maybe I'm mistaken: sorry if that's the case.

I wanted to watch the story mode because I'm not buying, yes. But do you honestly believe that by deleting these videos they're going to make me say "Well darn, I'd better go and re-preorder!"? Do you think anybody will say that.

Sure, they've not lost any sales from this, but they likewise haven't gained any, and they've lost my support to an even greater extent. At this moment in time, they're probably the company I'd be least willing to support. And they'll have to do something pretty darn special to regain that good will.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I wanted to watch the sotry mode because I'm not buying, yes. But do you honestly believe that by deleting these videos they're going to make me say "Well darn, I'd better go and re-preorder!"? Do you think anybody will say that.

Sure, they've not lost any sales from this, but they likewise haven't gained any, and they've lost my support to an even greater extent. At this moment in time, they're probably the company I'd be least willing to support. And they'll have to do something pretty darn special to regain that good will.

By releasing persona 5 or SMT 4?

Busaiku

I still don't get why Teddie is considered top tier now.
He definitely can get some good damage in and play a number of ways to adjust to the cast, but his mixup and oki options are really limited.

And I can't really find Souji videos besides stuff from Unlimited Circus.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I still don't get why Teddie is considered top tier now.
He definitely can get some good damage in and play a number of ways to adjust to the cast, but his mixup and oki options are really limited.

And I can't really find Souji videos besides stuff from Unlimited Circus.

Because he doesn't need mix up and oki. He just beats you.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Doesn't Teddy want to remain at mid screen anyway?

Persona86

Banned
I'm also annoyed that the game is delayed, but I'm still gonna buy it. You know why? Because I buy games to enjoy games I want. I can't do that if I'm trying to make statements, getting involved with the politics of it all or I hold a grudge.

There's enough of that in every other part of our lives that it would be nice to simply enjoy games in this case.

I wanted to watch the story mode because I'm not buying, yes. But do you honestly believe that by deleting these videos they're going to make me say "Well darn, I'd better go and re-preorder!"? Do you think anybody will say that.

What? I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Game has been delayed, you're mad, so you're not buying it? So you're not going to buy the game and you wanted to basically watch the game for free?

I just got this from beating a Naoto two games in a row in ranked.

Made me lol really hard. I love Yu.

FZtc3.jpg

The only messages I've gotten was from one guy saying good game (I barely won with Chie), and then later one from the same person asking why I disconnected right after landing the winning hit. I lagged. :(

goldensun

I use Yu and haven't gotten any hate mail.

I must be doing something wrong. >:
Haha, he was just really susceptible to high low mixup off of sweep -> call Izanagi. Guy had the idea of how to block but his reactions were really bad. Couldn't block the 214A overhead during the pressure EVER lol

I wish I could play with you PS3 people, there's barely any GAFers on 360 :(

Sophia

God bless the ability to set player lobby size to 2. About the only redeeming quality this game's online play has. No fucking spectators, no fucking one-match-then-done ranked play. >_>;

Sophia

whhaaaaaaaaa

The netcode's good, but about nothing else is. I don't care for spectating people I don't know, and I really don't care for the fact that spectating means I have to switch the input on the display every two minutes or so to make sure it's not my turn. Then there's the near useless latency indicator, the quick match option that enjoys pairing me up with zero bar players even when there are 2/3 bar players playing, the "fast connection" option which has a tendency to not allow players with fast connections. The list goes on and on, really...

At least I can set a lobby to two and just play whoever comes in. Still takes awhile thanks to no matchmaking.

goldensun

I can help you with the stick!! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41332321&postcount=8255

You would have to do a little bit of work, but dual mod massive stick. PS3, you're on your own.

All I gotta say is, "I TRIED MAN!"
Awesome, I PM'd them about the offers.

Everyone I'm finding in ranked that I've played before leaves... and I just had a Teddy rage quit on me :(

I wanna do some lobbies but all of the ones I am finding in player match are either horrible connections or full of people :/ meh.

Awesome, I PM'd them about the offers.

Everyone I'm finding in ranked that I've played before leaves... and I just had a Teddy rage quit on me :(

I wanna do some lobbies but all of the ones I am finding in player match are either horrible connections or full of people :/ meh.

Ranked might be around the same on PS3. I've just reached B and the wait between the matches are getting REALLY long.

Krackatoa

The netcode's good, but about nothing else is. I don't care for spectating people I don't know, and I really don't care for the fact that spectating means I have to switch the input on the display every two minutes or so to make sure it's not my turn. Then there's the near useless latency indicator, the quick match option that enjoys pairing me up with zero bar players even when there are 2/3 bar players playing, the "fast connection" option which has a tendency to not allow players with fast connections. The list goes on and on, really...

At least I can set a lobby to two and just play whoever comes in. Still takes awhile thanks to no matchmaking.

I'm with you. This is what I normally do. It's a godsend that should be standard in every fighter. They use to have this feature in Vanilla SFIV with the Player Match system but dropped lobby size filters in Super.

brettreyu

The only messages I've gotten was from one guy saying good game (I barely won with Chie), and then later one from the same person asking why I disconnected right after landing the winning hit. I lagged. :(

I'm used to sending a gg message to receive back "you suck" for most games, but only received one message so far playing P4A.

After someone just completely destroyed me they send: "lol I'm sorry"

my response: "why? It's a game"

He sends a friend request and we play a few more matches.

I suck and I haven't gotten hate mail yet. Maybe when the Yu hatred increases I'll finally get one.

This is the first game where a random in ranked gave me a GG. At last! ;_; Definitely never happened in any Capcom game I played.

Top Bottom