• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Well why is he like Seth?

Yosuke doesn't have a command grab, nor dive kick. Crazy ass DP is missing, although his down A is a solid anti air.

replace dp with tripple flippy shit, teleports, fast, mix up crazy, abusive resets, command grab

YosukeTentarafoo.png

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Chie players: what's a good use for "Black Spot"? Does it deal a decent amount of damage? I barely use that move.

zlatko

Banned
Chie players: what's a good use for "Black Spot"? Does it deal a decent amount of damage? I barely use that move.

It's useful in certain match ups where the opponent won't let you get in on them from the air, to force you to ground game run at them. If I remember right it beats out some of Yu's ground options if you space it right, which lets you proceed towards him without eating a sword from about 10+ feet out.

It's also good in combos when you get them in the corner.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
It's useful in certain match ups where the opponent won't let you get in on them from the air, to force you to ground game run at them. If I remember right it beats out some of Yu's ground options if you space it right, which lets you proceed towards him without eating a sword from about 10+ feet out.

It's also good in combos when you get them in the corner.

Hmmm interesting. Will try to find video to check how it's used. Thanks!

Pancho

Qurupancho
Anyone is free to add me
PSN: Danny-kun
If you see me online, don't hesitate in inviting me to play...go easy on me though I am pretty scrubbish.

zlatko

Banned
Any tips for naoto? Don't really mind if she's not the best character but I find her playstyle fun.

I found her the hardest out of the entire cast to use. I LIKE her, but I just can't wrap my mind around her combos and spacing for how people can demolish with her.

I'm more scared of Naoto's who pure on rush my shit down than the ones who try to zone.

TWILT

Banned
Was in the lab earlier testing out Cross Slash. Cross Slash is punishable on block if you have either a good fast ranged move (Mitsuru's 5A, Yu's 5B, Teddie's Drill Claw etc.) or if you instant block it (I can't seem to punish with Kanji though.) You can also DP it though some will clash (like Mitsuru's.) Every character can also just bait it and roll behind him to punish. Just don't press buttons lol.

Unless you have meter to OMC it, it's pretty fucken punishable both on block and super punishable on whiff.

Yeaaah, just tested it earlier, and it's pretty punishable lol; my bad.

Steaks

You can just throw Yu out of it with Kanji with D throw or super throw. You don't even need to block it to punish and it stops him from OMCing it.

Ourobolus

Banned
2 questions:

1. I finished all of the storylines and only got 99%. I went through Yu's line twice, choosing first option each time and then second option each time. What am I missing?

2. What is "scrubbing?"

Young Magus

2 questions:

1. I finished all of the storylines and only got 99%. I went through Yu's line twice, choosing first option each time and then second option each time. What am I missing?

2. What is "scrubbing?"
1.) Did you get any joke endings? I think that might be it ,they are only for
Kanji, Chie, and Yukiko

2.) Not familiar with the term "scrubbing"

Sophia

Isn't that Amaterasu from Shin Megami Tensei 2? Not the Persona 4 version. At any rate, I like Sume-Omikami from Persona 4 Golden the best.

Dantis

Hey friends, just posting this for any EU users who want to watch the story online:

http://www.youtube.com/user/EnhancedWithRamen/videos

Seems this guy is posting HD videos of the story mode, with no commentary. Can't ask for much more than that! I've watched the first two, and they seem fine. He skips a line now and again before it's actually spoken, but no complaints beyond that.

Top Bottom