• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Hey friends, just posting this for any EU users who want to watch the story online:

http://www.youtube.com/user/EnhancedWithRamen/videos

Seems this guy is posting HD videos of the story mode, with no commentary. Can't ask for much more than that! I've watched the first two, and they seem fine. He skips a line now and again before it's actually spoken, but no complaints beyond that.

That didn't last too long:

3h6pc.png

Fugu

This game is fun. I didn't know you could negative edge with Yukiko. Good things are happening.

GG's Master Milk. I should play you again now that I know the controls.

Busaiku

See, Teddie's Sweep is only good cause people don't know Teddie's moves.
You never have to not hold down back on him, you can easily spot his 1 overhead, since it's like the slowest, most punishable move.

Solune

Yeaaah, just tested it earlier, and it's pretty punishable lol; my bad.

Excusing my vulgarity, I just WANT people to know what is punishable and what isn't even though I use Mitsuru. Not calling you out specifically or anything but people should know this stuff so that they can't cry about it later. Bufudyne is really risky to throw out as a reversal even if it has invincibility, it also loses to Aigis' Goddess Shield CLEAN.

And to be fair alot of stuff in this game is deceptive in terms of things that look punishable/safe. I mean continuing my rant from ages ago, Aigis Sweep to overhead is a TRUE blockstring if done correctly, boggles my mind.

Just got the game and am delving into the story mode, but totally want to play some online games! Add me if you want to play this or VF5 FS;

PSN: BronsonLeeK

This game is fun. I didn't know you could negative edge with Yukiko. Good things are happening.

GG's Master Milk. I should play you again now that I know the controls.

Yea man, sorry we had to cut it short.

I'm not looking forward to that runback, but we can go anytime.

2 questions:

1. I finished all of the storylines and only got 99%. I went through Yu's line twice, choosing first option each time and then second option each time. What am I missing?

2. What is "scrubbing?"

Maybe I worded this poorly, so I'll try again.

You need to go through a playthrough choosing every first option, except for the final scene with Margaret. You need to pick the second option for that final scene and you should get 100%.

Huh, those 4k+ FC Yosuke combos really are pretty easy.

See, Teddie's Sweep is only good cause people don't know Teddie's moves.
You never have to not hold down back on him, you can easily spot his 1 overhead, since it's like the slowest, most punishable move.

Is it his AOA?

Sophia

Excusing my vulgarity, I just WANT people to know what is punishable and what isn't even though I use Mitsuru. Not calling you out specifically or anything but people should know this stuff so that they can't cry about it later. Bufudyne is really risky to throw out as a reversal even if it has invincibility, it also loses to Aigis' Goddess Shield CLEAN.

And to be fair alot of stuff in this game is deceptive in terms of things that look punishable/safe. I mean continuing my rant from ages ago, Aigis Sweep to overhead is a TRUE blockstring if done correctly, boggles my mind.

I fell in love with this fact when playing as Aigis. Free 2500 damage against Mitsuru players. :D

Onemic

How do you know when to DP in this game? its like everyone knows how to bait my DP's and I barely DP at all, while my opponents can just spam that shit on me all day, specifically Yu, Liz, Kanji, and Yukiko.

Ken

How do you know when to DP in this game? its like everyone knows how to bait my DP's and I barely DP at all, while my opponents can just spam that shit on me all day, specifically Yu, Liz, Kanji, and Yukiko.

When you're being pressured and have no other good options and you know you can't block everything, maybe.

But I play Labrys who doesn't have the best R-action so eh.

I mean, don't jump in mashing attack buttons against a Liz or else she'll counter DP and you won't be able to tech it. I suppose the same is true of playing against everyone. R-actions seem great for punishing mashers.

BlackJace

If you know other character's combos, the pauses in their animation can clue you in to find a gap. And I mostly use it as a combo finisher, or when Kanjis spam Aerial Pounce.

Hahahaha, I love how Yosuke seems to be the only character that can easily punish Cross Slash without fearing anything other than a OMC.

Unrelated, but my most amusing loss so far today has been getting killed by a wakeup chair from Kanji. I didn't see that coming at all XD

Onemic

When you're being pressured and have no other good options and you know you can't block everything, maybe.

But I play Labrys who doesn't have the best R-action so eh.

I mean, don't jump in mashing attack buttons against a Liz or else she'll counter DP and you won't be able to tech it. I suppose the same is true of playing against everyone. R-actions seem great for punishing mashers.

That is the only situation in which I use it and yet it seems that everyone knows how to bait me into doing it. They'll go into their block string and then randomly stop attacking. and its not like ive trained them into knowing I mash dp , because I don't. I only ever use it like 2-3 times in a round and over 50% of the time its baited.

That is the only situation in which I use it and yet it seems that everyone knows how to bait me into doing it. They'll go into their block string and then randomly stop attacking. and its not like ive trained them into knowing I mash dp , because I don't. I only ever use it like 2-3 times in a round and over 50% of the time its baited.

I think you using Mitsuru may have a lot to do with it. I mean, everyone is always expecting DPs from Yu and Mitsuru at this point.

Ken

Roll out instead of DPing then when they stop? Dunno.

Does anyone else just walk away from the game if they get stuck in a 0 bar match?

I honestly feel I can make better use of my time doing something else until the match is over.

I don't mind giving them a free win.

I do mind having to fight with the almost two second delay though.

XiaNaphryz

Finally hit C rank. 125 games played, 40 wins w/ Yuki.

No need to bother with ranked mode now, I'll hit lvl 30 eventually.

Ken

Does anyone else just walk away from the game if they get stuck in a 0 bar match?

I honestly feel I can make better use of my time doing something else until the match is over.

:<

XiaNaphryz

I must be lucky, none of my 0 bar games have been laggy at all, outside of the few seconds at the beginning when it's trying to sync up.

I must be lucky, none of my 0 bar games have been laggy at all, outside of the few seconds at the beginning when it's trying to sync up.

Playing 0 bar connections is like playing Russian Roulette, but instead of a bullet to the head you get an ungodly laggy connection when you lose.

Ken

Playing 0 bar connections is like playing Russian Roulette, but instead of a bullet to the head you get an ungodly laggy connection when you lose.

Is mine that bad? I mean, we played like 20 matches so I can't tell if it was really laggy or you just like punishment.

Top Bottom