• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

sandowwtf20bec5.gif

Geneijin

Did this to mine!
7760882274_55e374193f_c.jpg

I just picked up some of the new silent Sanwa OBSF-S buttons to put into my VLX, the noise reduction is pretty significant. They're being sold online like $3.75 per piece. I am waiting for the silent JLF's to go down in retail price first before buying one because they are retailing for $80 w/ball and harness here in NYC. If not, I'll probably pick up the silent mod zippy's off paradisearcadeshop.com
Thanks for the info. Didn't realize they were released.

It's such a pain to find on Play-Asia's site. Here's the link.

I love it. Seamless transition for me between consoles. I'm planning on picking up a MadCatz MLG pad soon and start playing all my non-fighting PS3 games with Xbox controllers. (Note: it does not work with the official Xbox wireless controller, or at least I can't make it work.)

HOLY CRAP. How did I not know this existed?! It works on PS2 stuff too?! SFAC stick and Tekken 5 stick LIIIIVE

Bought. From Amazon, though. Same price/super saver, etc etc.

Anybody want to get in some games? I was going into Labrys's story a bit
The whole bit before your first fight is basically the biggest gut punch in history. You damn well know how that ends. And there's no deviating from it. So sad.
, but am really looking to try and learn some stuff with Yu or Chie!

Edit: If there's a lobby startin, what's it called? I'll jump in!

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
So I have no idea about the Persona universe but I LOVE fighting games, alllllll (good) fighting games! Is this game for me?

BlackJace

Sorry to flake again, Ragingnight. You mentioned yesterday that you can play during the day on weekends right?

I'm not gonna be around my PS3 during the evenings for a while.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Keep spamming that beam, I dare you. The day I figure out how to beat it is the day you stop winning rounds.

Don't you use Yuki as well?

Dia that from full-screen away all day. Just be ready to break it off in time when they try to rush you down since the recovery time is awful.

Fugu

Who do you use?
Yukiko. Right now going with pre-emptive fans because if I hit him out of it he's in hitstun for about twenty minutes, but it beats all of my projectiles and none of my normals have enough of an arc to beat it. I can also do 2/3D but it depends a lot on the timing of things.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Dammit I wanna play this already. Thanks Index Japan!

Fugu

lol, don't get mad at me that you get hit with it five times in a row

all you have to do is block
I'm not mad, I was legitimately encouraging you to continue using the beam because it cannot be viable strategy. I've had the game for a day and I'm beating you as many times as you're beating me; why would I be mad?

Lol forgot that Dia had projectile invulernatiblity

Venfayth

If someone doesn't give you a reason not to do something, why would you not do it? The imperative falls on the loser.

The correct answer is because beating someone with something they should know how to deal with is counter-intuitive to getting better.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm not mad, I was legitimately encouraging you to continue using the beam because it cannot be viable strategy. I've had the game for a day and I'm beating you as many times as you're beating me; why would I be mad?

Lol forgot that Dia had projectile invulernatiblity

We should play

Fugu

If someone doesn't give you a reason not to do something, why would you not do it? The imperative falls on the loser.

The correct answer is because beating someone with something they should know how to deal with is counter-intuitive to getting better.
Exactly. The imperative falls on the loser, which was me. Now I'm winning (albeit not by much).

Is that room still up, Fugu?
Yup.

Fugu

Send a friend request to Fygu I guess.

EDIT: Not too laggy except for those parts where it froze. Better than BB for sure.

vocab

God, Shabrys' challenge 30 would be so much fucking easier if you didn't have to link that fucking 5A into 5C while Yu falls :/

I half assed it. There's some alternative method where the combo doesnt even connect properly, but you get both brutal supers no problem. It's weird.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Send a friend request to Fygu I guess.

EDIT: Not too laggy except for those parts where it froze. Better than BB for sure.

Friend wants to run and get some drinks Ill beck back in like 15 mins

To break s.labs persona the attack needs to be over 400 damage. But hitting her or making her block stops the persona attacks unless they are ex moves

Fugu

Friend wants to run and get some drinks Ill beck back in like 15 mins

To break s.labs persona the attack needs to be over 400 damage. But hitting her or making her block stops the persona attacks unless they are ex moves
I've actually never played against S.Lab so I'm legitimately just trying to figure out how I block things right now. I'd heard this though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I've actually never played against S.Lab so I'm legitimately just trying to figure out how I block things right now. I'd heard this though.

Yeah you had the right idea for the match up. Most yukiko's just sit back and try to zone her then cry about the match up :lol

Fugu

Yeah you had the right idea for the match up. Most yukiko's just sit back and try to zone her then cry about the match up :lol
I've heard it described as one of the worst matchups in the game but I've never put much stock in that kind of information anyway.

Top Bottom