• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I've heard it described as one of the worst matchups in the game but I've never put much stock in that kind of information anyway.

Shadow labs defensive options are really really bad once you are in her face. So it comes down to yukiko getting one good set up then she can pretty much run all over her.

Fugu

Yukiko's oki looks great. I just don't have the timing to get the real fancy stuff going.

Watching a Liz mirror is like watching MvC3.

Yeah well it's 10-0 if you're as bad at the game as I am.

I am nowhere near the playing ability that those numbers consider.

Its a difficult matchup naturally because yukiko doesn't have any thing to pressure if the slab doesn't make mistakes. The fans do almost nothing due to the persona taking the hits majority of the time and it doesn't take a persona card.

I would assume the fight pretty much consist of using 5A or 5C to win. Throw in some 236A/B or C/D to mix it up.

Fugu

It's terrifying how versatile Elizabeth is. Range, rush down, command grabs, she has a little of EVERYTHING.
I honestly find her design -- as well as the design of virtually every character in this game -- to be very irritating. I had a lot of trouble picking a main, and it's limiting my interest.

Fugu

I have never seen a Yukiko's 5A get beaten by anything unless it was like a DP or something.

My experience with Yukiko's is to never try and win a trade if she is going to use 5A. Lose everytime.
What? It's not that good. I don't have frame data for this game but I'm pretty sure it's slower than a lot of 5As. It's big, though.

GGs CJ.

xCobalt

So I just got the game and have been messing around with shadow labrys. Can someone offer me some quick tips or good bnbs? I'll probably visit dustloop later but there's a lot info to go through.

SUPARSTARX

Where did Chie come from?

Yukiko fig is superior.

Yep, got Yukiko preorder :p Planning on getting Aigis when its released.
My only complaint is that her torso isn't really articulated. It's rubber over plastic. And yes, Yukiko and P4U Aigis is preordered!

I need to muscle memory my Chie combos more, dropping a lot of stuff!

Solune

ggs sollune. I still have a long ways to go with mitsu. Biggest being able to hit confirm properly.
Yah, autocombo just isn't worth the 50Sp for 300 damage more than the regular BnB. I'm not gonna tear you a new one but you didn't block any AoA except for one, you seldom threw out any BDs, and too passive. You'll wait after knockdown everytime and respect people's wakeup too much (except those times i hit with Bufudyne). Basically you play too much like me :lol.
Yukiko's oki looks great. I just don't have the timing to get the real fancy stuff going.

Watching a Liz mirror is like watching MvC3.
She has Disruptor for a reason.
Holy shit Mass Destruction is the greatest song.

BABY BABY

Yes.

Also yah I'm done for now but you can add my PSN: Sollune. - Edit: your friendlist is full

Fugu

Yah, autocombo just isn't worth the 50Sp for 300 damage more than the regular BnB. I'm not gonna tear you a new one but you didn't block any AoA except for one, you seldom threw out any BDs, and too passive. You'll wait after knockdown everytime and respect people's wakeup too much (except those times i hit with Bufudyne). Basically you play too much like me :lol.

Yes.

Also yah I'm done for now but you can add my PSN: Sollune. - Edit: your friendlist is full
Deleted some people.

Onemic

Yes.

I know her regular BnB, but there are two things as to why I can never get it in game. The first being my inability to properly hitconfirm, and the second being that I like to charge as much as possible. Generally if I'm in the position to do the regular BnB I'll already be charging, so by the time I attempt to put in the 5B I do a B Droit instead due to the charge. and ya my reaction time to AoA's need some serious work, you could abuse that on me all day. Also were those throw setups you did and if not how do you know when you will be in a position to throw? I know you can after a blocked droit if you are really close to them, but that's it.

yukiko's 5A is like 7-10 frames. Its really slow for 5A.

It just has good range and if you're trying to beat it when she is at the right spacing then you deserve to get hit.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Errrrgggh, getting your ass kicked in ranked after not playing for a day sure is disheartening.

Try not playing for a week.

Not that I'd get any better even if I did play for a week.

I really gotta finish the story mode but WORDS WORDS WORDS and being like the Arcade Mode: All the same for any of the characters. :/

Top Bottom