• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

So, whichever of us two lost right now would rank down. Jesus the game can be sadistic at times. I haven't even lost that much as a B what the hell :|

Wish I had an arcade stick.

I used one for the first and only time a year or two ago at Arcade Infinity I think it was before it closed down.

Played Blazblue Continuum Shift against some asian Hazama player vs my Scrubna.

I was really surprised at how sensitive it was. Like just barely moving it caused my character to jump or move forward or whatever.

It took me a while to stop jumping randomly because of the sensitivity and I even managed to pull off some of the longer combo's I could do on the dualshock.

Thinking back about how hard I have to struggle with the dualshock just to do IAD's consistently makes me wish I had a stick.

The sensitivity is just on another level compared to this dinky PS3 controller.

Once you get Teddie away from you, I have no idea how to get in.
Yukiko is better close range, what?

I forgot to mention his items, those are annoying too.

yukiko's 5A is like 7-10 frames. Its really slow for 5A.

It just has good range and if you're trying to beat it when she is at the right spacing then you deserve to get hit.

I guess I just suck then because Yukiko's destroy me in close combat because that 5A always demolishes everything I try to do. Which is why I prefer to not attack Yukiko's when I am right up in their face because I know I will lose to that 5A.

Good thing most of them online seem more concerned with throwing fans for weak American damage.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Wish I had an arcade stick.

I used one for the first and only time a year or two ago at Arcade Infinity I think it was before it closed down.

Played Blazblue Continuum Shift against some asian Hazama player vs my Scrubna.

I was really surprised at how sensitive it was. Like just barely moving it caused my character to jump or move forward or whatever.

It took me a while to stop jumping randomly because of the sensitivity and I even managed to pull off some of the longer combo's I could do on the dualshock.

Thinking back about how hard I have to struggle with the dualshock just to do IAD's consistently makes me wish I had a stick.

The sensitivity is just on another level compared to this dinky PS3 controller.

to IAD on a pad it's diagonal up then forward. You can sorta cheat it by doing a 8966 input as well

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Man I fucking suck at this game.

My current stats are:

Grade C, 142 matches played, 43 won, 30% wins

Don't sweat the losing. ;)

I guess I just suck then because Yukiko's destroy me in close combat because that 5A always demolishes everything I try to do. Which is why I prefer to not attack Yukiko's when I am right up in their face because I know I will lose to that 5A.

Good thing most of them online seem more concerned with throwing fans for weak American damage.

Heh, my main issue is I don't use fans enough to keep the spacing. That and I look for any excuse to rushdown with Yuki in between pressure/zoning because a lot of players don't expect it. I look for every opportunity to mixup into AOAs and get air combos going to start corner traps.

Solune

I know her regular BnB, but there are two things as to why I can never get it in game. The first being my inability to properly hitconfirm, and the second being that I like to charge as much as possible. Generally if I'm in the position to do the regular BnB I'll already be charging, so by the time I attempt to put in the 5B I do a B Droit instead due to the charge. and ya my reaction time to AoA's need some serious work, you could abuse that on me all day. Also were those throw setups you did and if not how do you know when you will be in a position to throw? I know you can after a blocked droit if you are really close to them, but that's it.

You hitconfirm off well in the corner, midscreen 5A all day my friend :lol. But I hear where you're coming from. Don't be afraid to NOT charge with Mitsuru, her hitconfirms allow her to charge when required to, basically anything involving D or Sweep. When you 5A someone, you want to pressure them into making a mistake since her damage comes from Counterhits and not necessarily always using the SP to get the most damage out of 5A.

Throw setups, not really... I started throwing because you didn't throw out any DPs so you were free to throws and AoAs. Mitsuru isn't a character like Guile who solely relies on charging, think of her more of as Chun, safe poking and charging compliments her normals.

Sounds like you would hate playing me or beats00. Beats is more in your face though with IAD j5A. I'm all about frame traps, and spacing.

I already played against Beats. My strategy there was to never ever try to beat that 5A do the usual IAD>j5B. It worked pretty well, I can't remember what the final score was though.

Slam your thumb as hard as you can into it * sarcasm*

I think I might look into getting a stick.

I like having a whole hand dedicated to movement. More control.

Astral

Mitsuru needs to die. I would need to play P3 again in order for me to like her. I also didn't get the trophy for reaching level 30. WTF?

Alucrid

Banned
So uh...what's the Taskmaster of this game? I won't play Mitsuru cause charge and Yukiko has that fire boosting thing I don't want to play around with, so my first two options are out.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Mitsuru needs to die. I would need to play P3 again in order for me to like her. I also didn't get the trophy for reaching level 30. WTF?

0gYXo.png

So uh...what's the Taskmaster of this game? I won't play Mitsuru cause charge and Yukiko has that fire boosting thing I don't want to play around with, so my first two options are out.

yukiko never uses the fire boost shit. Its almost useless.

edit

I'm on now anybody want to play? Just got done playing my friend. psn

XiaNaphryz

I don't think any Yukiko players bother with the fire boost. I know I don't. By the time you get it high enough for it to matter by sneaking it in here and there, your opponent's likely almost dead already if you've been playing good.

I don't think any Yukiko players bother with the fire boost. I know I don't. By the time you get it high enough for it to matter by sneaking it in here and there, your opponent's likely almost dead already if you've been playing good.

and you lose pressure/momentum, and it doesn't stay at all (not even like 1/4) to the next round. Its totally useless for the most part.

Alucrid

Banned
Taskmaster is a well rounded character, go pick Yu

Eh, I'll try, he just seems so bland.

yukiko never uses the fire boost shit. Its almost useless.

edit

I'm on now anybody want to play? Just got done playing my friend. psn

Oh, well that makes it a bit easier then. Thanks, I'll head into practice mode with her today.

Eh, I'll try, he just seems so bland.

Oh, well that makes it a bit easier then. Thanks, I'll head into practice mode with her today.

she plays as a pressure character. Her mixups are poor, her reversal are non-existent outside a bad dp and an awakening super that can be stuffed by DP. But does she have pressure for days. Also her normals aren't bad.

Busaiku

GGs Busaiku. Your Teddie's gotten better.

Oh and I'm part of the Mitsuru hate group too.

Now I know why Yu might be considered at a disadvantage.
I mean how the heck are you supposed to deal with Teddie Decoy.

I've been trying to get that better and better, I feel that's the key to Yukiko as well.

Now I know why Yu might be considered at a disadvantage.
I mean how the heck are you supposed to deal with Teddie Decoy.

I've been trying to get that better and better, I feel that's the key to Yukiko as well.

do you want to try it ? I want to mess with my new setup that I experimented like 10 sec ago. I have some ideas swirling in my head but I have to see if they are actually practical.

Busaiku

do you want to try it ? I want to mess with my new setup that I experimented like 10 sec ago. I have some ideas swirling in my head but I have to see if they are actually practical.

I guess a 3/5 is cool.
I was playing Twilt's Yukiko earlier and managed to do better there.

But I wanna get back to reading Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Alucrid

Banned
she plays as a pressure character. Her mixups are poor, her reversal are non-existent outside a bad dp and an awakening super that can be stuffed by DP. But does she have pressure for days. Also her normals aren't bad.

Thanks for the heads up.

If you want to be a refined gentleman, you could just play Mitsuru.

I am quite the refined gentleman, however I'm charge impaired.

Oh, and are there actually any zoning characters? I might be able to see how, say, Naoto/Elizabeth/Aigis could serve as that, but since the game kinda punishes you for backdashing/keeping at a distance it doesn't seem all that great to do so.

Oh, and are there actually any zoning characters? I might be able to see how, say, Naoto/Elizabeth/Aigis could serve as that, but since the game kinda punishes you for backdashing/keeping at a distance it doesn't seem all that great to do so.

Yukiko is probably what you‘re looking for.

XiaNaphryz

If anything, they may just end up convincing users to switch to a video hosting service that doesn't do automatic takedowns.

Busaiku

Yep, Teddie Decoy is definitely the answer.
Of course that doesn't stop me from being an idiot, but Teddie should not be losing to Yu or Yukiko.

I can't believe I thought this was a bad Furious Action, it's probably 1 of the best.
Easily the best non-damaging.

I guess a 3/5 is cool.
I was playing Twilt's Yukiko earlier and managed to do better there.

But I wanna get back to reading Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

so yeah you did a lot better now. The only problem I saw was that in the first few matches you used it a lot so I adjusted and baited a lot out. The problem there was you never brought it back out until our last match at the end.

My thinking process was like this
"Ok so he is using the dp a lot more, and I baited him a bit. Now he is probably not going to use it for a long time so that gives me time to go HAM". Also I noticed that after the dp you would always go for the beardrill, I don't think that is safe. I think most of the cast can dp on reaction.

Yep, Teddie Decoy is definitely the answer.
Of course that doesn't stop me from being an idiot, but Teddie should not be losing to Yu or Yukiko.

I can't believe I thought this was a bad Furious Action, it's probably 1 of the best.
Easily the best non-damaging.

The good thing about the dp is that it comes out regardless if I hit it or the persona. Maybe if the persona hits the dp I can bait it out with 5A punish? I have to test.

For now I still say the match is like 5-5. I don't see anything either of them have that simply overpowers the other. Yeah you have TVs, but yuki can't negate most of the shit teddie throws out as well including supers.

Busaiku

Also I noticed that after the dp you would alaways go for the beardrill, I don't think that is safe. I think most of the cast can dp on reaction.

Yeah, cause I just wanna go for the damage.
B Bear Screw goes through all the counter Furious Actions, so I'm good there, but yeah, it's not a good thing to do, again, just my stupidity.
The good thing about the dp is that it comes out regardless if I hit it or the persona. Maybe if the persona hits the dp I can bait it out with 5A punish? I have to test.
Nope, Teddie is completely safe until he hits the other side of the screen, you can never target him until he gets there, and by then he can block.
People said on Big Two yesterday it's like something of Hakumen's or something, not completely sure what, since I need to play BlazBlue more.

Top Bottom