• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Noi

Haven't tried player matches yet. Thought it would just be the same thing with just no rankings behind it.

Not quite. With ranked, you get one shot to beat whatever opponent you're paired up with and it's hard to learn what they did when you can't even afford to throw a round to learn their habits. This isn't a problem with player matches, since you can face the same people over and over and actually learn how your character's matchup plays against said person.

When you move up the ranks and get a decent PSR decent players do start to appear too though. Having something on the line is not necessarily a bad thing, although it does create more ragequitters (oddly I have yet to find one here).

That's true but, it doesn't sound like he's having fun playing .

People play little more gimmicky on ranked and 3 rounds isn't enough for some people,myself included,to learn how to stop them.

lawful

Banned
I love this game, even though I never played Persona 4 or any of em for that matter. I watched the anime to get a heads up and I enjoyed it for what it's worth. Game is really fun though.

One question, was Naoto in Persona 3? I base this on opening dialog she has with P3 characters and some artwork for P3 that had someone in that same outfit with a gun and everything...

According to Google she isn't, but if anyone really knows it's you guys who are into this stuff. Anyone wanna give me the scoop?

Nope, Naoto is a P4 character, she's just investigating the P3 cast in this game.

That's true but, it doesn't sound like he's having fun playing .

People play little more gimmicky on ranked and 3 rounds isn't enough for some people,myself included,to learn how to stop them.

Well, that's true, although the last part hasn't been much of a problem for me since I end up playing the same people at least thrice a lot. Hell I think by now I've played the exact same Akihiko in ranked like 10 times *shrug*

I love this game, even though I never played Persona 4 or any of em for that matter. I watched the anime to get a heads up and I enjoyed it for what it's worth. Game is really fun though.

One question, was Naoto in Persona 3? I base this on opening dialog she has with P3 characters and some artwork for P3 that had someone in that same outfit with a gun and everything...

According to Google she isn't, but if anyone really knows it's you guys who are into this stuff. Anyone wanna give me the scoop?

She wasn't in Persona 3,but do you have a link to the artwork?

lawful

Banned
She wasn't in Persona 3,but do you have a link to the artwork?

faithful_udoncontest_2.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If they do change it I just hope they don't do another "you" pun >.>

Seta will always be Seta to me like Minato will always be Minato. Atlus should make official names next-time instead of "lol you're the main character!"

Also where's my Tatsuya DLC announcement, Atlus?

cj_iwakura

After the beatings I received today, I'm terrified of the competition I'd find at a tournament.

But so many matches I lost were because of stupid mistakes, so...

Grifter

oh man, I spent all night trying to figure out this higher damage combo in a japanese aigis video but there's so many moving parts and tight drop points where they tech right in my face as I'd be recovering, and it also requires sneaking in earlier hits that get the scaling just right. usually, it's at least clear what I need to drill this still isn't clicking.

extremely frustrated but haven't had that level of motivation for a fighter in a good while.

Seta will always be Seta to me like Minato will always be Minato. Atlus should make official names next-time instead of "lol you're the main character!"

Also where's my Tatsuya DLC announcement, Atlus?

Give us Boy with Piercing first!

Isn't Tatusya too busy not remembering anything anyways?

MechaX

I need to get back into this game, but with school starting back up, I just have not had the time.

Doesn't help that I still don't really have a character I like to play as.

Wat. KOS-MOS is the WORST.
Completely disagree. I've always hated the whole "look at me, I'm a robot that wants to be human" shit. Aigis--and to a lesser extent--Labrys, Metis, etc. can all choke on a sea cucumber.

KOS-MOS is the most bearable because she's the most robotic. That's my main reason for liking her. I'm sure you're gonna bring up the you-know-what shit, though.

TheSeks

Completely disagree. I've always hated the whole "look at me, I'm a robot that wants to be human" shit. Aigis--and to a lesser extent--Labrys, Metis, etc. can all choke on a sea cucumber.

KOS-MOS is the most bearable because she's the most robotic. That's my main reason for liking her. I'm sure you're gonna bring up the you-know-what shit, though.

Yes, yes I am. And frankly Aigis and the other's wanting to be human makes sense given they were given a "heart" to even be able to summon a persona. Them wanting to be more than they are is a very human trait.

but I thought Labrys just wanted to be the student council president.

Yes and no.

hao chi

It's not really spoilers for P4U. And Labrys' wants are basically spoiled in the Arcade mode, so...

Or even the character select screen for Versus. I was playing through Yu's story before the cliffhanger and had met Labrys, knew something was up with her but wasn't sure yet, then tried out Versus and read "...but she's actually a Kirijo group robot!"

"Fuck."

And frankly Aigis and the other's wanting to be human makes sense given they were given a "heart" to even be able to summon a persona. Them wanting to be more than they are is a very human trait.
It making "sense" isn't the problem. It's just one of those things that will make me roll my eyes every time--kinda like this. The less QQing (aka humanity) from these awful robot characters, the better. And like I said, the main reason I like KOS-MOS is because she was the most robotic (and had some awesome action scenes).

You know this is gonna turn into a semantics bs-fest if we keep it up, I'm sure, so let's just forward it to the hot hate sex, bb.

TheSeks

Its spoilers for my p3 playthrough!!!

ToughDon'tBlameMeBlameYourselfOrYouNotPlayingP3FESBeforeP4U.gif

dragonlife said:
The less QQing (aka humanity) from these awful robot characters, the better. And like I said, the main reason I like KOS-MOS is because she was the most robotic (and had some awesome action scenes).

Wat. And you think KOS-MOS is good? Really? They aren't QQing. They're soul-searching. Big difference. :/

And you can keep your robotic talking girls. I'm fine with my robotic girls that soul search and then have guns coming out of them to destroy Shadows.

FSLink

Banned
How about just less robot characters in this franchise period?
At least Aigis and Labrys have fun movesets, but story wise I can't stand them, lol.

Beckx

Its spoilers for my p3 playthrough!!!

Bah. I'm playing through P3 right now, after finishing Yu, Labrys and Akihiko's story mode in P4A, and spoilers are no big deal.

Heck, I read the damnable wikipedia for the game before realizing I could play it on my Vita.

50 hours in. Must not be drawn in by
Margaret and her damnable doors
. Must focus on the end.

MechaX

Blah, lost my touch with virtually everyone except Naoto. And Ranked is a no-man's-land for some reason this morning.

Ah oh well, time to start practicing that SMP loop and fiddle around with other characters, I guess.

MechaX

No more Aigis?

My play style with Aigis is weird; I absolutely cannot perform combos with her (or effectively control her boosts or basic movement for that matter) to save my life on an arcade stick, but I play her somewhat okay on the pad.

Naoto is the exact opposite; can't really play her on a pad, but I can only really play her effectively on the stick (the clicking and clacking of the buttons help my timing with her).

I have heard that in order to really get used to the stick, you should not switch between them that much, but I dunno. I guess I just need to get adjusted to the stick a bit more before I can get Aigis's faster inputs down.

Top Bottom