• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Onemic

My play style with Aigis is weird; I absolutely cannot perform combos with her (or effectively control her boosts or basic movement for that matter) to save my life on an arcade stick, but I play her somewhat okay on the pad.

Naoto is the exact opposite; can't really play her on a pad, but I can only really play her effectively on the stick (the clicking and clacking of the buttons help my timing with her).

I have heard that in order to really get used to the stick, you should not switch between them that much, but I dunno. I guess I just need to get adjusted to the stick a bit more before I can get Aigis's faster inputs down.

I actually sorta feel like making her my side. Her and Aki specifically. I initially wanted to main her before the game came out, due to finding out Mitsu was a charge character, but I never got around to it.
Ya, fuck P4 characters

Is she really that hard to use on a stick?

MechaX

I actually sorta feel like making her my side. Her and Aki specifically. I initially wanted to main her before the game came out, due to finding out Mitsu was a charge character, but I never got around to it.
Ya, fuck P4 characters

Is she really that hard to use on a stick?

I don't want to say she's hard in general on a stick, but she's hard for me since I find it difficult to move my wrists fast enough to link a lot of her stuff (most notably, j.B into Orgia Boost Sweep). It's easier for me on a pad because I can just use a thumb to get that link out pretty consistently pretty fast.

Akibared

Anyone else have a hard time finding matches on xbox live? I don't mind fighting the same people but its always the same two or so people is the game already dead? :(

Nyoro SF

Anyone else have a hard time finding matches on xbox live? I don't mind fighting the same people but its always the same two or so people is the game already dead? :(

I have no problem finding people on Xbox Live. Where do you live and what time do you play?

If you have too many filters up, decrease them.

Bilix

Tried out some Player Matches late last night before bed. While it is nice that I can play multiple matches against people, the pool of fighters seem more veteran than what I face in ranked matches. I looked at everyone's player card and the were all ranked from B to SS. I know that rank doesn't necessarily mean that a player is good. I've won against B tankers as an E. However, when a Kanji can successfully use a One More Cancel to wreck me, I know that I'm up against an entire different league of players. No one I face in Ranked battles have ever pulled a One More Cancel successfully.

Maybe it was just an odd night. Definitely going to be playing around with more player matches.

I don't want to say she's hard in general on a stick, but she's hard for me since I find it difficult to move my wrists fast enough to link a lot of her stuff (most notably, j.B into Orgia Boost Sweep). It's easier for me on a pad because I can just use a thumb to get that link out pretty consistently pretty fast.

j.B into boost sweep doesn't link. Sweep into orgia boost j.B does though.

Onemic

Tried out some Player Matches late last night before bed. While it is nice that I can play multiple matches against people, the pool of fighters seem more veteran than what I face in ranked matches. I looked at everyone's player card and the were all ranked from B to SS. I know that rank doesn't necessarily mean that a player is good. I've won against B tankers as an E. However, when a Kanji can successfully use a One More Cancel to wreck me, I know that I'm up against an entire different league of players. No one I face in Ranked battles have ever pulled a One More Cancel successfully.

Maybe it was just an odd night. Definitely going to be playing around with more player matches.

Just play against some gaffers and set up a lobby.

And damn, Aigis is tons of fun and she doesnt seem too hard.(at least in terms of challenge mode, got to challenge 22 in about 20ish minutes) Officially siding dat shit. Now I get to troll people with her stupid orgia mode j.b

Ah, I got it reversed, but that is what I meant.

Honestly, the sweep into j.B is one of the easiest things in the game. You dash before the sweep finishes so it's pretty much guaranteed.

Just play against some gaffers and set up a lobby.

And damn, Aigis is tons of fun and she doesnt seem too hard.(at least in terms of challenge mode, got to challenge 22 in about 20ish minutes) Officially siding dat shit. Now I get to troll people with her stupid orgia mode j.b

I don't think she's that hard either. Plus she does stupid damage off of the SB Megido Fire.

MechaX

Honestly, the sweep into j.B is one of the easiest things in the game. You dash before the sweep finishes so it's pretty much guaranteed.

On a stick, I'm just not getting it because when I try to input the dash from the sweep motion, most times a diagonal gets registered along the way, turning the motion into her Full Auto. Trying to get the stick back in the neutral position and then quickly inputting the dash is problematic because often I'm not fast enough. This is much easier on a pad when I can just use a single thumb to go from down to forward very easily.

On a stick, I'm just not getting it because when I try to input the dash from the sweep motion, most times a diagonal gets registered along the way, turning the motion into her Full Auto. Trying to get the stick back in the neutral position and then quickly inputting the dash is problematic because often I'm not fast enough. This is much easier on a pad when I can just use a single thumb to go from down to forward very easily.

Hmm... how are you holding the stick? Are you bear clawing it?

http://fighter101.net/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=55&Itemid=37

Check out this article about the different types.

edit: AND a video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsME37GrqjY

MechaX

Akibared

I have no problem finding people on Xbox Live. Where do you live and what time do you play?

If you have too many filters up, decrease them.

I live in New Jersey I normally play around noon seems the problem was I was using quick match so custom solved my problem.

TheExodu5

Banned
I hold my stick like this:

stick.jpg

Only way that really feels comfortable to me. I don't have a firm grip on the stick...I flick a lot. Probably one of the reasons I don't care for charge characters.

Nyoro SF

I live in New Jersey I normally play around noon seems the problem was I was using quick match so custom solved my problem.

Yeah I always do Custom Match, then "Display Search Results". That usually gets me a match that I want because it shows the bars :). If not, I just chill in training; usually don't go for about 1 minute before someone activates my "Intruder Alert"

Onemic

Got stuck on challenge 22 for Aigis, so now I'm just in training mode dabbling in her basic combos. I might take a break on Mitsu for a while to focus on leveling up Aigis.

EDIT: Anyone know a combo that goes into orgia from a j.B? The one from dustloop (5AA > 22B > j.C(1) > j.236D > 5B > j.B > j.2B) doesn't seem to work with a jump in.

Got stuck on challenge 22 for Aigis, so now I'm just in training mode dabbling in her basic combos. I might take a break on Mitsu for a while to focus on leveling up Aigis.

EDIT: Anyone know a combo that goes into orgia from a j.B? The one from dustloop (5AA > 22B > j.C(1) > j.236D > 5B > j.B > j.2B) doesn't seem to work with a jump in.

It does work, it's just distance dependent. You might want to do an oki setup instead, which is j.B, 5AAA, jc, j.B, 22A.

edit: forgot the j.B starter

Onemic

Depending on height, you can hit j.B and dash in to close space.

Seems like you have to hit below the knee to do that. I'm guessing most people just do it on the ground? In what situations would it apply, as I cant see an Aigis in non orgia mode just rush in and do it.

Had no idea you were also on gaf Grifter haha.

Seems like you have to hit below the knee to do that. I'm guessing most people just do it on the ground? In what situations would it apply, as I cant see an Aigis in non orgia mode just rush in and do it.

Had no idea you were also on gaf Grifter haha.

It'd be okay on counter hit confirm since it adds a LOT of untechable time.

I haven't either, to be quite honest. Yesterday, I played some matches drunk. It did not work well. I got so mad at myself for stupid stuff that I proceeded to drink a ton of water in hopes of sobering myself.

I got to play a little at my locals Wednesday, but other than that, nothing. I really want to hit training mode with Elizabeth, but time is scarce. I'll probably get something going before next Wednesday, but I doubt I'll be able to hop online and play people anytime soon. At least, not without neglecting other things. >.>

Onemic

What BnB's should I start with for Aigis? There seems to be tons of variations for her 5AA in orgia mode combo, including one that does 4k+ that I've been practicing for the last hour and seems nigh impossible.

Fugu

I haven't either, to be quite honest. Yesterday, I played some matches drunk. It did not work well. I got so mad at myself for stupid stuff that I proceeded to drink a ton of water in hopes of sobering myself.
This is a mistake I know all too well. My BB motto is Don't Drink and Drive.

Ken

Completely disagree. I've always hated the whole "look at me, I'm a robot that wants to be human" shit. Aigis--and to a lesser extent--Labrys, Metis, etc. can all choke on a sea cucumber.

KOS-MOS is the most bearable because she's the most robotic. That's my main reason for liking her. I'm sure you're gonna bring up the you-know-what shit, though.

I'm sure I've seen this before.

Solune

Those who know me from the MvC3 thread: who do you think I would main in this game?

Elizabeth, Shadow Labrys, Naoto or Mitsuru.

Elizabeth's playstyle is similar to Dormammu's in that she's all about controlling space and having your opponent eat "disruptor" and whatnot. She also has the same weaknesses where she has difficulty making that space when an opponent has knocked her down.

Shadow Labrys is like playing two characters at once and setting up dirty stuff plus she's "evil", that sounds like its up your alley! Ask Q for more stuff.

Naoto I'd look into, she has a devastating loop and a useful Instant Kill, would probably be something to look into since you're a calculated type of player.

Mitsuru because she's beginner friendly and can do everything. She has good normals, good damage, and good wakeup options. The only thing that may turn you off is that she's a "charge" character but most of her combos and hitconfirms are generous with the time required to do said moves.

Edit: read that wrong, I would scratch Mitsuru and put in Yukiko. :lol

Onemic

The 4k combos are actually her bnbs

You've gotta be kidding me. If it's the one Im talking about I might as well drop Aigis now:

5AA > 22B > j.C(1) > 236CD > j.B > j.2B > land > 214A > 5B > 236C > 214A > 236D [DM:4263/SP:8%(-25%)]

Most people in the dustloop thread can't even do it in an actual match.

What are the BnB 4k combos?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You've gotta be kidding me. If it's the one Im talking about I might as well drop Aigis now:

5AA > 22B > j.C(1) > 236CD > j.B > j.2B > land > 214A > 5B > 236C > 214A > 236D [DM:4263/SP:8%(-25%)]

Most people in the dustloop thread can't even do it in an actual match.

What are the BnB 4k combos?

Dude Aigis combos are easy as fuck to do, her hardness comes from learning how to move with her

Onemic

ggs Bilix. I clearly dont know a thing about actually using Aigis. Orgia mode just makes my head spin.

Dude Aigis combos are easy as fuck to do, her hardness comes from learning how to move with her

The version that does about 3.9k is easy to do, that one is almost impossible to do consistently in actual match. But, ya her movement in Orgia mode is just a mind fuck.

Bilix

Ya Good games. Knew you had something better than that Aigis. Had to take a break because my thumb is getting destroyed from the D-Pad.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The version that does about 3.9k is easy to do, that one is almost impossible to do consistently in actual match. But, ya her movement in Orgia mode is just a mind fuck.

idk Proto has been doing them non-stop soon as he knew what they were. Every hit in orgia mode leads to 4.3k-4.7k damage

Onemic

idk Proto has been doing them non-stop soon as he knew what they were. Every hit in orgia mode leads to 4.3k-4.7k damage

Its not an orgia mode combo, it's a combo that starts from non orgia mode and goes into orgia mode. The one I posted is the only one that does above 4k dmg.

Top Bottom