• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Its not an orgia mode combo, it's a combo that starts from non orgia mode and goes into orgia mode. The one I posted is the only one that does above 4k dmg.

Oh he does those too I believe all I know is if I get hit I die. Just get the muscle memory down, he played a lot of rachel in bb so he has quick inputing stuff down already

Onemic

Oh he does those too I believe all I know is if I get hit I die. Just get the muscle memory down, he played a lot of rachel in bb so he has quick inputing stuff down already

Well at least with Aigis I know I'm getting better when I get her combos/movement down. Mitsu is something else.

One thing I miss with mitsu though is her DP, Aigis' Dp blows. Only hits the front.

Akihiko. Rush down and no dropping combos or you lose. :(
Why would I want to do that?! :-O

Yukiko or Teddie
Why do you think so? Most importantly, why do you think I wouldn't like Elizabeth? I almost think you're trolling me with Teddie...

Elizabeth, Shadow Labrys, Naoto or Mitsuru.

Elizabeth's playstyle is similar to Dormammu's in that she's all about controlling space and having your opponent eat "disruptor" and whatnot. She also has the same weaknesses where she has difficulty making that space when an opponent has knocked her down.

Shadow Labrys is like playing two characters at once and setting up dirty stuff plus she's "evil", that sounds like its up your alley! Ask Q for more stuff.

Naoto I'd look into, she has a devastating loop and a useful Instant Kill, would probably be something to look into since you're a calculated type of player.

Mitsuru because she's beginner friendly and can do everything. She has good normals, good damage, and good wakeup options. The only thing that may turn you off is that she's a "charge" character but most of her combos and hitconfirms are generous with the time required to do said moves.

Edit: read that wrong, I would scratch Mitsuru and put in Yukiko. :lol
I initially didn't buy the game because I think Mitsuru is a badass, but I can't play charge characters for crap. I tried with Shuma-Gorath, and it's just a no go.

Then I saw Elizabeth, Shadow Labrys, and Yukiko. They all look pretty cool. The thing about Naoto is that, while she's my style, it feels like it's typical ASW keepaway (weak chip, boring, largely ineffective since they like to force everyone to rush). So I lean away from her.

When I found out that Elizabeth has auto-meter gain, I thought "she's the one for me". Watching ChrisG play confirmed how I felt, and it looked like Elizabeth would be a good fit for my playstyle. Except...apparently she's the worst character in the game?!

Nyoro SF

When I found out that Elizabeth has auto-meter gain, I thought "she's the one for me". Watching ChrisG play confirmed how I felt, and it looked like Elizabeth would be a good fit for my playstyle. Except...apparently she's the worst character in the game?!

Not the worst character overall, but she has one of the worst reversals and the lowest health. When you get your teeth kicked in by Yu and Mitsuru enough times it just shows how weak she is at keeping people off.

She is really beastly once she gets her ball rolling though.

Xevren

I was thinking of saying Liz for you, she is fun. But if you ever play against a Mitsuru that knows what they're doing, it's not pretty.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

TWILT

Banned
GGs Busaiku as usual.

Uggghhh, mad off my game today. Only won one match out like 10 on Brett's stream (and I usually do okayish against them lol.) Oh well...time to hit the lab...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why would I want to do that?! :-O

Three hit combos into supers to win, it's Mahvel bay-bee.

Seriously though, Akihiko is pretty fun to play and I suggest you trying him out to see if you want to put time into him. Only issue he has (IMO) is getting in on people. Once you get in on them and know what you're doing OH MY GOD.

How can I overthink a kid hiding in a bear costume? :-/

Play P4 to find out.

Maybe I shouldn't buy the game, then...I can stay away from the story mode if it's contained solely within that.

Well, the fact you've seen Teddy take his costume off is already a spoiler. Other than little stuff like that, there aren't many spoilers outside of story mode, and even then the biggest ones are more P3's.

Solune

I initially didn't buy the game because I think Mitsuru is a badass, but I can't play charge characters for crap. I tried with Shuma-Gorath, and it's just a no go.
Honestly, once you've gotten over the "charge character hump" you can play most of them. Thankfully I grew up on SF2. Also if every character was as hot as Mitsuru, I'd just main them =p. I mean what if Nina (BoF2) was a charge character provided she was inserted into a FG :lol. I'd drop everything and learn her no matter what!
Then I saw Elizabeth, Shadow Labrys, and Yukiko. They all look pretty cool. The thing about Naoto is that, while she's my style, it feels like it's typical ASW keepaway (weak chip, boring, largely ineffective since they like to force everyone to rush). So I lean away from her.

I think Yukiko would be the most suitable for you after Elizabeth considering she has dirty pillar unblockables and stuff like that. Also while Liz has her own problems, it's worth it to invest in a character that you like and the character that's for you. I mean, that's why you still play Dorm despite his faults in Marvel 3 right?

And to answer your question you can play without going into story mode at all, I haven't done any of it. Just challenge mode , training , and online. Unless you're a trophy whore but I'm pretty sure that doesn't concern you at all =p.

Need a break from Kanji, trying out Akihiko

AzsS3.jpg

hypernima

Banned

Play Elizabeth with me please.

Busaiku

Oh yeah, Twilt, those mixups (faux unblockables) probably aren't that good to go for.
With you that close, people (that aren't as bad as me) can get out with a Guard Cancel Attack, and you'll lose a Persona card.

Plus it's not good to have characters so close to Yukiko anyways.

Onemic

Oh yeah, Twilt, those mixups (faux unblockables) probably aren't that good to go for.
With you that close, people (that aren't as bad as me) can get out with a Guard Cancel Attack, and you'll lose a Persona card.

wut

TWILT

Banned

I'll keep that in mind. I'm still messing around with Yukiko's Persona and her Agi setups. I really like her pressure in the corner.

Busaiku

Dead Angle Attack/Counter Assault
I'll keep that in mind. I'm still messing around with Yukiko's Persona and her Agi setups. I really like her pressure in the corner.
A bunch of characters can probably also Furious Action out of it, better than Teddie's.
Kanji should definitely be able to do it, Shadow/Labrys's Guardpoint can get them through it, Mitsuru too probably.
Though you're better at figuring things out anyways, so it wouldn't take you like 100 games to figure that out.

Geneijin

Any PSN lobbies going on? I'll be on in a few mins. PSN: Kopyasu

Edit: On a random note, why is it you can't filter for public lobbies only in player matches?

yeah that pressure is so good. If you space it right they can dp all day if they want. It'll just hit the persona and you can punish.

I haven't played (new job and all) for about a week and a half. @.@

Noi

I'm actually surprised to see that he plays Labrys similarly to how I do, some super fancier combos aside. Huh, Labrys really IS a pretty simple character.

I'm actually surprised to see that he plays Labrys similarly to how I do, some super fancier combos aside. Huh, Labrys really IS a pretty simple character.

For me it's the opposite. Most of the stuff he does I rarely ever do. I really liked that setup he did a lot involving the weaver art trap into sweep.

Noi

Why is West Coast so free to Kanji.

Pain's Kanji is legit, at least. It'd be another story if people were falling for raw dive grabs all day.

For me it's the opposite. Most of the stuff he does I rarely ever do. I really liked that setup he did a lot involving the weaver art trap into sweep.

The only thing I don't consistently do is 2B, and that's because I'm not confident enough to pull off the j.B j.B 5C 214A followup. I should rematch his matches again though, cause he seems to have a good handle on throwing out the weaver traps after a knockdown, which tend to blow up in my face.

Busaiku

Yeah, but Kanjis winning over Elizabets, Yukikos, Mitsurus, Aigeses, Naotos, Chies, and Teddies every single time?

Finally!

Top Bottom