• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Busaiku

I think people are seriously underestimating Teddie.
He can basically adapt to anything, and I can't really think of any bad matchups besides Aigis.

He beats Chie, Akihiko, Kanji, Labrys, Shadow Labrys, and Yu easy.
Mitsuru, Yukiko, Naoto, and Elizabeth are a bit more work, but he can definitely get around them, should have the advantage.
No clue about Yosuke though.

Once people get more acquainted with 2D Teddie though, getting people into Bearserk/Fear will be brutal.

I don't think he can do anything against Aigis though.

I think people are seriously underestimating Teddie.
He can basically adapt to anything, and I can't really think of any bad matchups besides Aigis.

He beats Chie, Akihiko, Kanji, Labrys, Shadow Labrys, and Yu easy.
Mitsuru, Yukiko, Naoto, and Elizabeth are a bit more work, but he can definitely get around them, should have the advantage.
No clue about Yosuke though.

Once people get more acquainted with 2D Teddie though, getting people into Bearserk/Fear will be brutal.

I don't think he can do anything against Aigis though.

Teddie's up there. His main problem is that he has no real mixups.

xCobalt

Not sure why tier lists are being discussed so heavily when pretty much everyone here has had only a month to play with this game. I don't think anyone here has enough character or matchup experience to accurately form a judgement. At the end of the day, the better player should almost always win. :)

Anyways, I finally did Naoto's SMP loop in training mode. Took longer than I thought it would (about 3 hours total) but I'm getting the hang of it now. Time to keep grinding it out and try to land it in a real match.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Mitsurus mixup game is pretty weak as well.

She pretty much has an instant overhead

Not sure why tier lists are being discussed so heavily when pretty much everyone here has had only a month to play with this game. I don't think anyone here has enough character or matchup experience to accurately form a judgement. At the end of the day, the better player should almost always win. :)

Anyways, I finally did Naoto's SMP loop in training mode. Took longer than I thought it would (about 3 hours total) but I'm getting the hang of it now. Time to keep grinding it out and try to land it in a real match.

I could pretty much give you a BB tier list from a month of play time and match study, it would damn near be close to the final japanese one down the road months later

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
"She pretty much has an instant overhead"

J.B?

I mean it's kind of fast, but you have to burn meter to get anything significant out of it.

I don't see how that's an issue, they practically hand you meter like its nothing in this game. It's just not really usable right away. 10 or so seconds into the match though and it becomes another viable choice

Busaiku

Teddie's up there. His main problem is that he has no real mixups.

2D Teddie can lead to crossup situations though with Teddievision.
And he has so many ways to inflict Bearserk on you anyways.

Plus Smart Bomb setups can be good.

Basically, he can make you take damage no matter what.

2D Teddie can lead to crossup situations though with Teddievision.
And he has so many ways to inflict Bearserk on you anyways.

Plus Smart Bomb setups can be good.

Basically, he can make you take damage no matter what.

It's still weak compared to what other people have. Don't get me wrong, I think he's top 5, but having no real high/low mixups keeps him from being any higher.

Ken

Don't see how Teddie is top tier. I'll let Q call the shots. :p

His normals are pretty good and he has amazing sprites.

tumblr_m7rntsFeXA1rs6cnno3_400.png

Xevren

All I know is Japanese Teddie voice makes the most hilarious sound effects ever. I really wish it had a per character toggle like SSF4 because I would just put him in Japanese.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Teddie's story mode is hilarious too.

I really cracked up when
he encounters Shabrys' true form and says something along the lines of "Ah, the bear vs. bull rivalry. One of nature's oldest."
lol

Deps

I actually think Teddie has some of the scariest mixups. His sweep is + on block and he has very fast crossups/fake crossups. His AOA he can choose which side he goes on. He has setups to do a lot of crazy mixups with his various items. If you're forced to block barrel or meteors you basically have to guess. Another scary one is ending a combo so you fall on rage drink then you have to 50/50 between DP or guess he will bait and try to run.

Busaiku

Man, I didn't think Labrys's fully charged Axe SP Skill thing could go full screen.
Almost every time prior to play Noi a couple hours ago, I'd only ever seen it go about 75%.

Can you determine the destination even if it's fully charged, or is it always full screen?

Noi

Man, I didn't think Labrys's fully charged Axe SP Skill thing could go full screen.
Almost every time prior to play Noi a couple hours ago, I'd only ever seen it go about 75%.

Can you determine the destination even if it's fully charged, or is it always full screen?

Huh? Unless I'm wrong, the B version of Brutal Impact always goes fullscreen. It's reason why I only use it from so far away, to make it a guessing game if you aren't familiar with the timing.

Busaiku

Huh? Unless I'm wrong, the B version of Brutal Impact always goes fullscreen. It's reason why I only use it from so far away, to make it a guessing game if you aren't familiar with the timing.

Then does the A version go 75% when fully charged?
Man, I probably need to try playing some other characters sometimes to learn things, but I'm just too lazy.

Noi

Then does the A version go 75% when fully charged?
Man, I probably need to try playing some other characters sometimes to learn things, but I'm just too lazy.

...You can charge Brutal Impacts?

Edit: You're getting your robot girls confused. Only Shadow Labrys can charge her Brutal Impact, and only the B version. The rest come out at a fixed time every time.

Eithert way no, the A version barely hits in front of her. The B version always goes fullscreen, though it pushes the opponent with her if it lands at a much shorter distance.

Ken

Labrys' BI is always set. SLab is charged so she can have it come out much faster than expected.

Has anyone figured out a combo that ends in BI for Labrys yet? Weaver Sword Arts holds the opponent for too little length of time for even the A version to go off.

Steaks

Don't see how Teddie is top tier. I'll let Q call the shots. :p

Once Teddie memorizes his item order and knows where to space them and off what strings to use them, he's infinitely better.

His corner damage is also unreal.
Is Aigis really that good? Then again the ONLY person in this thread I have played is Q (S.Lab)

Magneto overheads into 50% damage is pretty good, I'd like to think.
"She pretty much has an instant overhead"

J.B?

I mean it's kind of fast, but you have to burn meter to get anything significant out of it.

You can combo off it with D mirror there beforehand.

Once Teddie memorizes his item order and knows where to space them and off what strings to use them, he's infinitely better.

His corner damage is also unreal.

Magneto overheads into 50% damage is pretty good, I'd like to think.

You can combo off it with D mirror there beforehand.

funny that her Overhead is like mvc2 fast. =(. Atleast mvc2 mag couldn't do a blockstring of low into overhead.

Busaiku

Proto, it's way too easy to get away from you and run out Orgia.
If I wasn't so terrible, this would be pretty big.

Oh and you need to be using the Furious Action in the air when you're trying to avoid Circus Bear.
I was gonna send you a message over PSN, but I wanted to win at least 1 more game.

Grifter

I've managed to do the combo once in training mode. It's possible but really fucking hard, as its super dependent on timing, height, and the number of bullets used with 5AA.
That's her best combo, does a few hundred more and there's other setups for it. Still, I wouldn't train that until you get her other aspects down.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Proto, it's way too easy to get away from you and run out Orgia.
If I wasn't so terrible, this would be pretty big.

Oh and you need to be using the Furious Action in the air when you're trying to avoid Circus Bear.
I was gonna send you a message over PSN, but I wanted to win at least 1 more game.

Thats how you fight her, it has nothing to do with him lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
someone kicked me from the neogaf room after i won like 3 games...
Good make them salty
Yeah, but he wasn't using the rocket launchers to try and get in or anything.
He was most likely fucking around and just seeing how you play and what beats what. We both do the same thing in that sense. He was talking to me online most of the time. If you want him to play 100% from the start, smash his face in.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
but BB came out 3 years ago. That's a long time to get good. I still have 2.5 years left on my timeline.

He was playing on par with me before CS1 came out. To the extent that when he got to play cs1 before me he was bodying me hard for a week. Not excuses just keep playing and slowing working on your weakspots!

He was playing on par with me before CS1 came out. To the extent that when he got to play cs1 before me he was bodying me hard for a week. Not excuses just keep playing and slowing working on your weakspots!

I went from Rachel to Tsubaki. Tsubaki was MUCH easier to use. Plus she ended up being bad tier, so that didn't work out in the end.

Like, really bad.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I went from Rachel to Tsubaki. Tsubaki was MUCH easier to use. Plus she ended up being bad tier, so that didn't work out in the end.

Like, really bad.

And i still got bodied despite how garbage she was. Well its not like I didn't repay it shortly after. Hooray for having no life!

Top Bottom