• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Deps

I haven't played Aki in a while but I remember some tricks vs Liz. His D move that pulls in. If you have it down or do it when Liz does her beam, it will pull Liz in as you're blocking and you can punish beam from anywhere. A version can be punished by 5B for stupid dmg. Ex Straight goes almost fullscreen and if you get a CH you almost kill her. Besides that you just need to block a lot to get in, she can't really mix you up.

Beats

ggggggss beats

I am re3minded by how much i hate yukiko....and aigis...and yu....and labrys.....and maybe liz and stuff

ILL be there!!

Q is on? let me body you mofo.

GGs. Were you messing around towards the end haha? You were standing there doing 5As when I was all the way on the other side of the stage.

I honestly want to pickup Mitsu just to beat yukiko by just walking forward and 5A and DP all day.

Then again I don't lose to yukiko so why fix what isn't broken.

Onemic

GGs. Were you messing around towards the end haha? You were standing there doing 5As when I was all the way on the other side of the stage.

Ya, I'm totally drunk right now hahahaha

I honestly want to pickup Mitsu just to beat yukiko by just walking forward and 5A and DP all day.

Then again I don't lose to yukiko so why fix what isn't broken.

Yukiko is the biggest Mitsu troll in the world outside of teddy. Persona attakc, unblockable, persona attack, adfnalkflaqkfnaf.n

Onemic

I HATEEEEE LABRYSSSSSS

Im sorry im in the lobby with all these nbion drunk labrys trolling lossers but we;'ll make due.

Solune

Ya, I was trying to low profile it by doing some random sweeps, but you wouldn't 5A. I'm not sure if you can sweep under it when 5A is already active so I didn't risk it and just stayed still. Can you tell me some of the throw setups you used? You seemed to be able to do some of them after a drill.
I honestly don't have throw setups haha but I'll tell you times where I'll go for a throw.

Obviously throwing is pretty powerful in the corner since I think the damage is 2.8 - 3.3k.

1) After a droit, whether it was blocked or not.
2) 5AAA > end string > dash up and throw
3) J.B > 2AAA > dash up and throw
4) Throwing when opponent is waking up

If I do more than 1 throw attempt in a row, I am trolling lol.
Yosuke is such a hard matchup for mitsu, her 5A is totally useless against him as he can low profile everything making you play the matchup totally different compared to most of the cast. Hitconfirming stuff with Yosuke is such a pain in the ass due to that and his fast movement speed. Only good thing is that her DP destroys his stupid moonsault game.

geneijin do you know how to get out of that mixup you were doing on me where you throw me high in the air and you 2B me afterwards?

To be fair. Geneijin has played me, ALOT. The matchup is definitely in Mitsu's favor, since Sweep goes under 5A, 2A is a pressure option instead.

Also to avoid the crossunder, recover airborne and airdash away, sometimes you will have to turn depending on if Yosuke has crossed under yet or not.

Onemic

I honestly don't have throw setups haha but I'll tell you times where I'll go for a throw.

Obviously throwing is pretty powerful in the corner since I think the damage is 2.8 - 3.3k.

1) After a droit, whether it was blocked or not.
2) 5AAA > end string > dash up and throw
3) J.B > 2AAA > dash up and throw
4) Throwing when opponent is waking up

If I do more than 1 throw attempt in a row, I am trolling lol.

To be fair. Geneijin has played me, ALOT. The matchup is definitely in Mitsu's favor, since Sweep goes under 5A, 2A is a pressure option instead.

Also to avoid the crossunder, recover airborne and airdash away, sometimes you will have to turn depending on if Yosuke has crossed under yet or not.

on hit it alwyssss whiffs. wut up wit dat?>

and fuck aegiis. she so shoity one hit ko's like dat mahvel/

EDIT: sorry for being afk reinve>>>>

Good games. Looks like I am still free, I only managed to scrape off a few wins.

And one button DP's have ruined me. I do it at the slightest provocation since it's so easy compared to BB.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Good games. Looks like I am still free, I only managed to scrape off a few wins.

And one button DP's have ruined me. I do it at the slightest provocation since it's so easy compared to BB.

I have to time my shit really weird vs reg lab. Due to the way your shit works vs mine D:

I have to time my shit really weird vs reg lab. Due to the way your shit works vs mine D:

Yeah.

I want s.lab's DP.

So fast.

I did like those DP wars moments where whoever DP'd first lost.

nawww man, you lyin.

wanna do a 1v1. my lab hate is so high right nowwww

I'll have some time tomorrow. I'll let you know when I am available.

You can play Q's lab for now though. His is just as good if not better.

Solune

on hit it alwyssss whiffs. wut up wit dat?>

and fuck aegiis. she so shoity one hit ko's like dat mahvel/

EDIT: sorry for being afk reinve>>>>

You super drunk man :lol. That's the point of droit on hit, you're at a frame advantage just delay it a bit till you're neutral. The danger obviously is eating some reversal but, that's P4A.

Onemic

You super drunk man :lol. That's the point of droit on hit, you're at a frame advantage. The danger obviously is eating some reversal but, that's P4A.

nawww man ive tested it, when doiung a hit droit, throw whiffs unleess you delay that ish.

Solune

nawww man ive tested it, when doiung a hit droit, throw whiffs unleess you delay that ish.

That's what i mean man... you can't throw until you're at neutral so when you hit someone with droit, you wait for them to push a button and if they don't you throw them.

Onemic

That's what i mean man... you can't throw until you're at neutral so when you hit someone with droit, you wait for them to push a button and if they don't you throw them.

what are other setups off a hit/'blocked dorit? i dont know any,

\\wanna do a 1v1?

Fugu

time to update my top list of bullshitters in this game:

SLAB
labrys
Yu
YUkiko
Naoto
Chie
You play as possibly the most braindead easy character to play in a competitive fighting game and yet you have a list of "top bullshitters" that includes half of the cast and a couple of the worst characters in the game.

My sides could envelop the earth.

Shito

You play as possibly the most braindead easy character to play in a competitive fighting game and yet you have a list of "top bullshitters" that includes half of the cast and a couple of the worst characters in the game.
Yeah, I thought nothing could top Lord Knight complaining about Slab's DP on Jiyuna's stream: I was wrong. ^^

Gaaraz

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/910924-persona-4-arena-review-region-locked

Apparently the first (and last) Atlus PS3 game to be region locked... and the only one I have any interest in, argh! Annoying.

I absolutely loved Persona 3, but grew very fatigued as it went on, and after getting repeatedly destroyed by one of the bosses quite late on in the game, I gave up. Persona 4 didn't last very long for me when I realised it was basically more of the same.

But the Persona characters and charm with more accessible gameplay, I really cannot wait for this game.

Shito

Persona 4 Arena is essentially a tag team fighter, as you switch between human and persona to conserve your health and work up to the more powerful combo techniques.
Hahahahaha.
Hahahahahaha.
Haha.

Busaiku

SNGFe.jpg

It's got like a 1/10000 chance of appearing if you win a set.

So is Score Attack Mode really hard or am I just terrible?

I can usually get about three or four fights in (Yosuke and Naoto, at least, are not too big an issue) before everything comes crumbling down.

Top Bottom