• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

So is Score Attack Mode really hard or am I just terrible?

I can usually get about three or four fights in (Yosuke and Naoto, at least, are not too big an issue) before everything comes crumbling down.

It‘s not you at all. I don‘t think Score Attack has ever been fair outside of CSEX, and that was only because Unlimited Mars was there to overcompensate.

Onemic

WATCH THE THRONE

you are officially added to my hate list parttime. Next time we meet I will make sure Kanji learns his place. Messin up my fur coat and shit.

It's my drunk list of matchups that give me problems. Naotos I face are almost always A tier and above, and they know how to effectively use the gun and traps, so I pretty much can never get in on them. Slab really shouldnt be on that list as it's only Q that ever bodies me with her. Chie too I guess.

Scratch

Persona 4 Arena is essentially a tag team fighter, as you switch between human and persona to conserve your health and work up to the more powerful combo techniques.

pretty much sums up how i play

vi9dJ.png

Onemic

Went back to playing ranked and got upgraded to an A rank. Profound happiness. All my goals I had for this game are now complete.

Any aki users know the requirements to land his 5.9k midscreen combo? I got hit by one earlier and forgot to save the match to see how to avoid it.

Noi

So is Score Attack Mode really hard or am I just terrible?

I can usually get about three or four fights in (Yosuke and Naoto, at least, are not too big an issue) before everything comes crumbling down.

Score Attack in this game was a pseudo-joke mode in BlazBlue Extend where every opponent was in boss form and it even had a trophy for just attempting it ten times. Then Arcsys took the joke a wee bit too far and made it the proper Score Attack mode in P4A, to the chagrin of everyone.

I've made it to Round 3 (Yukiko) with Labrys and Round 4 (Teddie) with command grab-happy Kanji.

It‘s not you at all. I don‘t think Score Attack has ever been fair outside of CSEX, and that was only because Unlimited Mars was there to overcompensate.

The vanilla Score Attack was pretty easy as well, since the only Unlimited characters back then were Rachel, Ragna and Nu. It was only the CS score attack that was pretty hard, because it made you start fighting Unlimited characters a lot sooner.

Scratch

Score Attack in this game was a pseudo-joke mode in BlazBlue Extend where every opponent was in boss form and it even had a trophy for just attempting it ten times. Then Arcsys took the joke a wee bit too far and made it the proper Score Attack mode in P4A, to the chagrin of everyone.

I've made it to Round 3 (Yukiko) with Labrys and Round 4 (Teddie) with command grab-happy Kanji.

The vanilla Score Attack was pretty easy as well, since the only Unlimited characters back then were Rachel, Ragna and Nu. It was only the CS score attack that was pretty hard, because it made you start fighting Unlimited characters a lot sooner.

i've made it to kanji where one of his regular command grabs does 7k. love ya big boy <3

:mad:

wait how'd you beat unlimited hakumen without any trouble? everytime i pressed something, I got D countered :(

and that's when i learnt how to read

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
People are still butthurt about that? Man, that must be a rough life.

I can understand though, for those more interested in the story and are trying their best to avoid spoilers. Especially if Persona 5 ends up picking up from all this.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
sorry man, you always catch me when I'm afk. usually I leave my PS3 on when I'm not using it. I'll be up for some games in about 30min or so if you're down.

Ah. That's why I always see you on when I'm on at random times and just know you aren't there. :/

Busaiku

If you're using the Chartz numbers that I've seen floating around, be advised that they are almost certainly nonsense.

Edit: Haha, I forgot that even using the title of the website is censored.

Naw man, I was there for ioigate.

creamsugar's got it in the NPD thread.
Somewhere in there.

Deps

Sales numbers have almost no bearing on if a game makes EVO or not. If the numbers in locals/majors keeps up P4U has a very good chance.

Top Bottom