• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Minato can't be in the game.

Sure he can. Since this is apparently Real Spoiler:
Labrys' dream world thingy that the Midnight Channel is bringing he can show up as a figment of her imagination or something.

And yes, two Suous. Tatsuya plays like Sol, Katasuya plays like a mix of Aigis and Naoto.

Kuromaru simply to troll with a small hitbox character like Roll, Servbot, and Megaman/Rockman in MvC2.

TWILT

Banned
1. Minato Arisato/P3 Protagonist
2. Shinjiro Aragaki
3. Demifiend
4. Koromaru

Truthfully the whole condensed map system a lot of people hated, which is why they went and put it back in for P4G and thankfully didnt do anything else stupid like adding in unnecessary touch controls and what nots just because it was on the vita.
I always found the map system as an easier way to get around to places. I guess I can see why someone might dislike it though. *Shrugs*

PBalfredo

The sever lack Stupei is disheartening. Though considering this is both an Arc System Works and an Atlus game, I'm sure this will be rectified in a few months with the release of Persona 4 Arena XX#^ Fes Golden Plus Edition.

Yukari can stay in limbo though. She hates fun anyway.

Uncle AJ

I've always been saying a Persona that takes place in college would be awesome. Maybe it's because I still have that experience fresh in my mind, but I'm also curious to learn about how universities operate over in Japan - I honestly don't know the first thing.

Trigger

Junpei boring? He was my brosuke before Yosuke. I also want FeMC to be playable if we get Minato.

I've always been saying a Persona that takes place in college would be awesome. Maybe it's because I still have that experience fresh in my mind, but I'm also curious to learn about how universities operate over in Japan - I honestly don't know the first thing.

The only issue I have with college as a setting is that P3's setting was pretty much just that. I can't think of what would be different. I prefer P4's more intimate home life so put me in the camp for an adult P5.

While I would love for Persona 5 to be set in college, is a college setting even popular in Japan? Granted, I don't watch much contemporary Japanese media (sticking with Kurosawa and Ozu) so this is an actual question

While I would love for Persona 5 to be set in college, is a college setting even popular in Japan? Granted, I don't watch much contemporary Japanese media (sticking with Kurosawa and Ozu) so this is an actual question

It could be a mixed setting. College and entry level jobs. I really really would like to see this if they aren't going to revisit what the P1/P2 cast is up to lately. It would still fit with the theme of finding one's self also.

Uncle AJ

The only issue I have with college as a setting is that P3's setting was pretty much just that. I can't think of what would be different. I prefer P4's more intimate home life so put me in the camp for an adult P5.

True, but there's more opportunity I think for post-adolescence situations (and humor!) in a college setting. I'd like to see the more wild side of college, assuming that's still a thing in Japan. More parties, more fraternities, more booze, more hazing initiations, etc.

Also, #TeamJunpei

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
You know for DLC instead of having to charge $$$ for glasses which is pretty much a main feature of P4, they just should have made the "joke" weapons in the game for everyone instead as DLC.

I still dont get why the glasses are DLC / headgear for others who are not main p4 characters.

True, but there's more opportunity I think for post-adolescence situations (and humor!) in a college setting. I'd like to see the more wild side of college, assuming that's still a thing in Japan. More parties, more fraternities, more booze, more hazing initiations, etc.

Also, #TeamJunpei

Thats an America thing. So basically you want Persona to turn into Jersey Shore then eh?

SerRodrik

As far as characters go...I haven't been able to play P1/P2 yet, and without knowing those characters I'm having a hard time coming up with a good list. The only one that I can pull offhand is Junpei. Maybe (P4 Spoilers)
Adachi, depending on how they pull it off
. Yukari and Ken are both options, I suppose, but I'm not hugely fond of either character.

As far as setting goes, a college level Persona game could be interesting, but honestly that's sort of secondary for me.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I prefer it too, especially on a portable system. It's just seems more efficient.

The correct choice for design would be to leave the shit as is and just have a quick travel menu for those who are too damned impatient to walk less than a minute in game.

Which is exactly what they did for P4G

just beat Yu and Chie in story mode, do I have to beat all character story mode before I get the story continuation?

Yes

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Characters I would add:

P3 Protagonist male/female
Yukari
Junpei
Shinji

P3 dominate.

Uh how can they add the P3 protag? LOL

*p3 spoilers because not putting this after a sentence like the one above seems to make people want to highlight whats below for some reason*
DEAD AS FUCK

dokish

Banned
Uh how can they add the P3 protag? LOL

DEAD AS FUCK
If you haven't played P3 don't read the spoiler or quote this.

I little heads up of what's the spoiler was about could be nice, huh?

I must control myself to never highlight anything on the Gaming forum. People always play dumb.

I know, I know! I really have to, but I never owned a PSP, and I probably won't be able to afford a Vita for a while. I do still plan on getting to them eventually, though.

just dont expect the gameplay to match the high quality of the ps2 games, while the writing of the games, especially Persona 2 is great, hell, in my opinion the P2 Duology is the best written Persona game, the gameplay systems were frustrating. Its worth it though. P2 Duology is still my favorite game/s in the series.

I'm pretty happy with the P3 character selections. I don't give a rats ass about Yukari since Mitsuru was my waifu. They also gave us Takamura Akihiko and Aigis for that robo flavour.

Junpei and Yukari wouldn't anything to the breadth of the game.

Really. Brainstorm some ideas and I guarantee there would be several conflicts with other characters fighting styles

Chavelo

Guys, guys, guys....

It's "Persona 4 Arena", not "Persona 3: The Reunion with that one emo kid as the lead guy and his dorm roommates."

The lack of Adachi in your lists is disturbing. D:

Guys, guys, guys....

It's Persona 4 Arena, not "Persona 3: The Reunion with that one emo kid as the lead guy and his dorm roommates."

Why would he even be here?

He is in jail and he is remorseful, don't see how he would fit in here.

SerRodrik

just dont expect the gameplay to match the high quality of the ps2 games, while the writing of the games, especially Persona 2 is great, hell, in my opinion the P2 Duology is the best written Persona game, the gameplay systems were frustrating. Its worth it though. P2 Duology is still my favorite game/s in the series.

Yeah, I know they're very different games, both in gameplay and, seemingly, tone. I'm still very interested in them. I just have to know what the context is for (P2:IS Spoilers)
sunglasses Hitler

Yeah, I know they're very different games, both in gameplay and, seemingly, tone. I'm still very interested in them. I just have to know what the context is for (P2:IS Spoilers)
sunglasses Hitler

I could tell you in a pm, but it would be spoilers, your call.

Sophia

Thought his/her
eternal seal fate was the same as The Answer in Portable? and a possibility of release anyway with what Elizabeth went to do.

P3 Spoilers^

It is the same.
They didn't retcon anything. Both male and female Protagonist have the same fate as the Great Seal at the end.

Chavelo

Why would he even be here?

He is in jail and he is remorseful, don't see how he would fit in here.

Hey, people are already making character wishlists for the next version of the game, and I see a good amount of people wanting the MC of P3 come back as a zombie from another dimension.

So if he gets in, Atlus should find a way to recon the "BITCHES AND WHORES" pimp back in somehow.

iavi

He'a a player insert character. Same as Yu. If he's boring then it's your own fault.

P3 didn't at all allow Minato the same options Yu had, though. P4 had zany, fun option, after zany, fun option. P3 had - do you want to select this dry option, or THIS dry option that sounds a tad bit cooler, but not much more emotive than the other.

SerRodrik

I could tell you in a pm, but it would be spoilers, your call.

Nah, that's the kind of thing I'd rather find out in game.

Guys, guys, guys....

It's "Persona 4 Arena", not "Persona 3: The Reunion with that one emo kid as the lead guy and his dorm roommates."

Ha! That's basically my stance on it. The P4 characters are my favorites, so I already have basically everyone I'd be interested in. P4 Spoilers:
And Adachi was totally on my list, depending on how he's implemented. I'd actually be interested in seeing how he'd interact with the other characters. He seemed remorseful at the end of P4, but I suspect he's probably still kinda crazy.

SerRodrik

P3 didn't at all allow Minato the same options Yu had, though. P4 had zany, fun option, after zany, fun option. P3 had - do you want to select this dry option, or THIS dry option that sounds a tad bit cooler, but not much more emotive than the other.

Yeah. Minato never seemed to have options that had a lot of personality, the way that Yu can be a good cook or eat random crap out of the fridge or say silly things. I just felt like Yu was more interesting even if they were both silent protagonists. The only personality I ever got out of Minato was "kind of emo."

Stark

Banned

That's what made him better if not just as good as Narukami. Minato was boss. Didn't need a personality. :p

It is the same.
They didn't retcon anything. Both male and female Protagonist have the same fate as the Great Seal at the end.

Thanks for confirming. :eek:

Top Bottom