• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

LProtag

Played today at GC, game's a lot of fun, just too bad I'm ass at anime combos

I think I saw you on stream a little. Chie?

Also yeah, I'd like a Persona that takes place in college. Tons of possibilities and they'll be able to keep up the theme of "finding your place/purpose/friends" very easily.

Infinite

exactly

why are stuffed animals, dogs and teen idols fighting demons exactly?

it should be big brawny dude with 27" biceps with wives that they ignore saving the world

idols are the perfect weapon for defeating demons. They'll have the demons singing along with them at concerts and wielding glow sticks in no time.

LProtag

I played her in one match, most of the time I was Elizabeth though

Okay, I think I saw Elizabeth too. I don't really pay attention to who's playing much on streams unless it's a big tournament.

GC looks like fun, hope you're enjoying it!

Kellen

総師範KSK ‏@soushihan_ksk
【生放送】裏・顔TV!ぺるそな を開始しました。
http://nico.ms/lv102251153

SUPARSTARX

Yes, but mostly for the story since I suck ass at fighting games. Akihiko does look fun though and I do have an arcade stick collecting dust in the corner so I might try to actually get good at this.

Don't be too intimidated, this game is designed to introduce you to fighters. You can actually do pretty good even with a pad as well. I think a lot of people may have bought sticks because they felt it might've helped them play the game better and even be mandated to. There's no "Shoryuken" motions. Everything is either left to right, down to up, and quarter circle motions.

And even if there are other players like you that don't even have sticks, pad works fine. All your attacks are on the face of the pad. You can put your thumb over for A+B, C+D moves, trigger button B+D, A+C, A+B+C, and A+C+D. This game is perfect!

Steaks

So is this game big enough that street date breaking places are gonna break street date for it?

I don't do it often, but I will for this game.

Don't be too intimidated, this game is designed to introduce you to fighters. You can actually do pretty good with a pad. There's no "Shoryuken" motions. Everything is either left to right, down to up, and quarter circle motions.

And even if there are other players like you that don't even have sticks, pad works fine. All your attacks are on the face of the pad. You can put your thumb over for A+B, C+D moves, trigger button B+D, A+C, A+B+C, and A+C+D. This game is perfect!

Really? I actually didn't know any of this. I've pretty much shut myself off to this game until I get it. I'm actually glad it doesn't have those standard motions that you find in most Capcom fighters. I actually hate doing forward down forward and half circle motions.

Chavelo

Will this be the game that will finally make me get an EVO monitor? Yes, yes it will be.

Good. I was sick of going to school on Saturdays anyways.

Yeah, the fuck is with this shit, Japan? How am I gonna save my waifus from the dungeons if you guys keep bringing the youth down with Saturday classes? D:

Really? I actually didn't know any of this. I've pretty much shut myself off to this game until I get it. I'm actually glad it doesn't have those standard motions that you find in most Capcom fighters. I actually hate doing forward down forward and half circle motions.

The game still has a dragon punch system, though. Kinda.

You do them by pressing the D+B buttons, and they have invisible/armor properties to them but you take blue damage, which recovers over time but can go away if hit.

Beckx

Thank god for the patch that added in more continues, since dear god was the vanilla version brutal.

Whoa, they added more continues? When was that? I played at launch, always wanted to go back and try for other endings or
to save more people
but never got around to it.

Question for Persona fans - like others this game has me wanting to play the series. I'm definitely getting P4G on Vita, but about P3 - I've heard that the PSP version isn't any good? I'm very unlikely to play P3 unless I play on handheld, so is it really that bad, or just not as good as FES?

SUPARSTARX

Will this be the game that will finally make me get an EVO monitor? Yes, yes it will be.

Yeah, the fuck is with this shit, Japan? How am I gonna save my waifus from the dungeons if you guys keep bringing the youth down with Saturday classes? D:

The game still has a dragon punch system, though. Kinda.

You do them by pressing the D+B buttons, and they have invisible/armor properties to them but you take blue damage, which recovers over time but can go away if hit.

Moves, yes. But the Forward, Down, Down-Forward motion is what I'm referring to. In SF4 it is simplified for the reason that it's difficult to execute depending on the input leniency in the other Capcom fighters.

But yeah. Get it. This game has all the good and very little of the bad.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Whoa, they added more continues? When was that? I played at launch, always wanted to go back and try for other endings or
to save more people

Question for Persona fans - like others this game has me wanting to play the series. I'm definitely getting P4G on Vita, but about P3 - I've heard that the PSP version isn't any good? I'm very unlikely to play P3 unless I play on handheld, so is it really that bad, or just not as good as FES?

The patch was quite a while ago. Dont remember an exact date but it helped the game a lot thats for sure.

Welp, went ahead and got the Asian version since I only have a JP and EU PS3. Not gonna play the waiting game, especially since the EU version will cost about the same as the Asian one anyway.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Too many spoiler tags ITT when the game isn't even out in AMERICA yet on an AMERICAN board.

SMH.

(Fake spoiler:
Still not highlighting any of them. I may skip online mode to do story first thing when I get home with it because of you bastards. :(
)

Question: Does this game have online achievements? I hate online achievements in fighting games. :(

TWILT

Banned
I'd also like a college styled Persona 5, though I wouldn't mind if they went back to a high school theme.
I wish there was a choice to save Shinji instead of Ken. God I hated him.

Same here. =/

to save more people

The PSP version isn't bad at all. I personally find it faster than FES to go from places to places and you can actually control your allies with this version. You'll be missing some content from FES (anime cutscenes, some very small story parts, The Answer, etc.), but you can't go wrong with the PSP version. Plus, you can play as a girl lol.

ultron87

Question: Does this game have online achievements? I hate online achievements in fighting games. :(

There seem to be a few unfortunately.

"You have reached Level 30 by playing online matches!"
"You have reached Grade C in Ranked Matches."

I assume at least one of those is based on winning more than you lose. And thus I'll never achieve them.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I'd also like a college styled Persona 5, though I wouldn't mind if they went back to a high school theme.

Same here. =/

The PSP version isn't bad at all. I personally find it faster than FES to go from places to places and you can actually control your allies with this version. You'll be missing some content from FES (anime cutscenes, some very small story parts, The Answer, etc.), but you can't go wrong with the PSP version. Plus, you can play as a girl lol.

Truthfully the whole condensed map system a lot of people hated, which is why they went and put it back in for P4G and thankfully didnt do anything else stupid like adding in unnecessary touch controls and what nots just because it was on the vita.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
There seem to be a few unfortunately.

"You have reached Level 30 by playing online matches!"
"You have reached Grade C in Ranked Matches."

I assume at least one of those is based on winning more than you lose. And thus I'll never achieve them.

Level 30 hopefully isn't a grind like Blazblue CS's. I got up to 32-38 there and can't hit the last online achievement of 50 because the game is DEAD due to Exceed and the only people playing CS1/2 now are like Japan players that are 0 bars. :/

Grade C quality of play, I think. I saw players be F+ and a C- Labrys on that one stream that went down five minutes later.

Top Bottom