• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

kewlmyc

Yeah. Minato never seemed to have options that had a lot of personality, the way that Yu can be a good cook or eat random crap out of the fridge or say silly things. I just felt like Yu was more interesting even if they were both silent protagonists. The only personality I ever got out of Minato was "kind of emo."
I never got the emo thing about Minato. The only thing emo about him was his haircut. His in-game actions and choices were the opposite of emo.

Sophia

I never got the emo thing about Minato. The only thing emo about him was his haircut. His in-game actions and choices were the opposite of emo.

The manga and later artwork doesn't really portray him as really emo either. Just a very passive person.

Yeah, I would replace the word "emo" with "douchey". He:

• ran with hands in his pockets
  • had very poor posture
  • had terrible fashion sense
  • wore Col. Sander's necktie
  • wore his pants like Steve Urkel

ultron87

Adachi should be included if only for the interesting banter he'd have with the female characters

You could also have another option for the Johnny Yong Bosch VA Mirror Match.

I imagine the constant shooting oneself in the head contributes to that too.

Mesoian

So, just got off the horn with amazon, and apparently this game won't have same day release.

ssbcwb.jpg

Went into further detail, and it looks like they might not be doing same day release for any games anymore. Which sort of makes them irrelevant in my eyes.

kewlmyc

• had very poor posture
  • terrible fashion sense

....what? You're kidding right? Only the first two are correct (running with his hands in his pockets was funny) and the necktie was part of the uniform so it wasn't his fault.

He was kinda an asshole at times though (I found his asshole options funny at times though). Even the FeMC at times.
Who encourages a little girl to run away?

amazing :lol

although he did get way more booty than Yu

Well, he did get dat demon booty! Hmmm, why is Betty using Thanatos in P4A, I wonder...

....what? You're kidding right? Only the first two are correct (running with his hands in his pockets was funny) and the necktie was part of the uniform so it wasn't his fault.

Haha, yeah I guess I'm harsh on him. As for the necktie, if my school uniform consisted of that I would have never wore the shit. The fuck can they do? Be relaxed like Junpei :)

PBalfredo

He was kinda an asshole at times though (I found his asshole options funny at times though). Even the FeMC at times.
Who encourages a little girl to run away?

Yeah, some of Slouchy McBadposture's social link options make him come across as a bit of an asshole.

Hex

Banned
So, just got off the horn with amazon, and apparently this game won't have same day release.

ssbcwb.jpg

Went into further detail, and it looks like they might not be doing same day release for any games anymore. Which sort of makes them irrelevant in my eyes.

Mine is still tagged for release date and it shows release date on the item itself, if it changes I will be raising hell.

Stark

Banned
I imagine the constant shooting oneself in the head contributes to that too.

Which was disappointing it wasn't in P4.

• had very poor posture

You might have a valid list if you remove the last 3, lol. Ran with his hands in his pockets isn't even that bad!

@SolarKnight: Thanks and damn. :/

iavi

• had very poor posture

No.No.No. He may have been a drone, but the fashion sense was windy city swag.

Minatoswag.png

Yu could learn a thing or two.

Which was disappointing it wasn't in P4.

You might have a valid list if you remove the last 3, lol. Ran with his hands in his pockets isn't even that bad!

@SolarKnight: Thanks and damn. :/

I am glad they removed it. It isn't in the rest of the series, and it seemed like a LOOK AT HOW EDGY I AM move. Plus, since its only in 3, it makes it more unique to them.

Rarutos

I actually emailed them about this a while back, since all of their release date shipping products says "Want to get this on the day it comes out? Select FREE Two-Day Shipping at checkout!" Ended up having to email them twice, and they told me that 2 day shipping for Prime Members meant that it was automatically free release date shipping or something to that effect.

I actually emailed them about this since all of their release date shipping says 2 day shipping. Ended up having to email them twice, and they told me that 2 day shipping for Prime Members meant that it was automatically free release date shipping or something to that effect.

Yeah, when you go on game pages it now says. "Want to receive this the day it comes out?
Select FREE Two-Day Shipping at checkout."

I am Prime, but I assume that as long as you pay for 2-day you should get it on release?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
From what I understand, Two-Day Shipping is the new Release Day shipping. It sucks that we no longer have that 99 cents option but I think they did that so Amazon can get a lot of customers to buy video games from them. Now that they have a sizable amount of buyers, they removed it probably.

I actually emailed them about this a while back, since all of their release date shipping products says "Want to get this on the day it comes out? Select FREE 2-day shipping at checkout!" Ended up having to email them twice, and they told me that 2 day shipping for Prime Members meant that it was automatically free release date shipping or something to that effect.

For Prime members release-day was free yes. I assume this was another reason why they removed it.

Stark

Banned
I am glad they removed it. It isn't in the rest of the series, and it seemed like a LOOK AT HOW EDGY I AM move. Plus, since its only in 3, it makes it more unique to them.

I really liked it. But when you put it that way about it being unique to the game, then definitely agree. But I didn't think P4's was so great.

Mesoian

Yeah, when you go on game pages it now says. "Want to receive this the day it comes out?
Select FREE Two-Day Shipping at checkout."

I am Prime, but I assume that as long as you pay for 2-day you should get it on release?

Man, when were the planning on telling anyone that? It sounds like their own employees don't even know.

Soma

No.No.No. He may have been a drone, but the fashion sense was windy city swag.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58148/Minatoswag.png[IMG]

Yu could learn a thing or two.[/QUOTE]
Agreed.

A lot of the P3 cast had really good fashion sense, imo.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/ZCmXY.jpg

D0Nfn.jpg

BlackJace

I think Minato had a cooler aura than Yu. Yu seems like a guy I hang out with, wheras Minato seems like someone I'd like to get to know.

BlackJace

Mitsuru is part of the social elite now. She can dress as swanky as she likes. The fur coat is the coolest part of the outfit. Her in just a cat suit would look off.

Dunno about Akihiko though.

Hey hey hey.... Junpei's hat is awesome. So awesome it was a pre-order bonus.

Yeah :) Besides, Junpei and Yosuke seem to be these sort of dueteragonist-type characters that are more grounded than the other cast members. So as for Junpei, that plain look was consistent for him, I suppose.

Sophia

Yeah :) Besides, Junpei and Yosuke seem to be these sort of dueteragonist-type characters that are more grounded than the other cast members. So as for Junpei, that plain look was consistent for him, I suppose.

I can't remember where I read it, but Junpei and Yosuke were kinda intended to be this to their respective main protagonists. They're like a mouthpiece, and the most relatively normal characters in the game. It's why once Yu was given a personality in the anime and Arena, some of Yosuke's character traits were given to Yu.

Sophia

Why do people still use the comic name for Persona 3 protagonist.
It's clear that Atlus doesn't care about the comics.

Because unlike "Seta Souja", which was just pure laziness on the writer's part, "Minato Arisato" is an absolutely fantastic name. It's even meaningful.

I can't remember where I read it, but Junpei and Yosuke were kinda intended to be this to their respective main protagonists. They're like a mouthpiece, and the most relatively normal characters in the game. It's why once Yu was given a personality in the anime and Arena, some of Yosuke's character traits were given to Yu.

Yeah, I figure as much. I also think this is why Chie works so well since, to an extent that others could better describe, is similarly like this. Chie reminds me of Elena from the Uncharted series in some way... I'm sure I could write a bit more about it after some thought.

What do you think about Chie? I hope they didn't retcon her in P4A.

Top Bottom