• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

TWILT

Banned
I haven't touched persona in so long...=( I'm going to be so free aren't I?

QQ I just have way too many games that I just recently bought and trying to finish before more games come in. Been playing a little TTT2, umvc3 (friends), lollipop chainsaw, asscreed brotherhood, and now BL2.

I might just have to grind it out with Twil or somebody on friday night just to catchup or risk going 0-2.
Haha yeah, I'm probably gonna take a break for a week to catch up on my backlog, though I'll always go back to this game somehow since I enjoy it too much.

Probably won't be able to play that much on friday night; I have something important to do that I have to wake up pretty early for. =/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPccfv6tqC0

1:52

i don't understand how to make this Yu combo work...can anyone help me write this down?

I might have messed up an input, but I think it's:

5C 214D OMB 5D 214B 214A 5DD 5B 5C TK214AB 2B j.C 214B 2B j.C 214A Cross Slash

T.O.P

Banned
What don't you understand about it?

I think it's 5C, 214DxxOMB, 5D, 214B, 5D(follow up), 214A, 5B, 5C, 214AB, 2B, jC, j214A(?), 2B, jC, j214A(?)xxx21421C

5C 214D OMB 5D 214B 214A 5DD 5B 5C TK214AB 2B j.C 214B 2B j.C 214A Cross Slash

i'm totally not capable of getting that part right, the second 214A always wiff :(

i must be messing up the timing è.è

@FUCK YEAH, 1 hour to understand how the first part worked

after 5D, the 214B must hit right after the third hit of 5D, in light speed mode input 214A 5D and then follow with 5B 5C 2147AB

AMEN

I was too busy getting schooled by a really good Chie player, goddamn her buttons are amazing, I even tried instant blocking some of the pokes and she's still faster. And once I get knocked down, the insanity begins.

I should have delayed my teching occasionally to throw-off his timing, damn there's hardly any reactionary blocks against her, pure guesses everywhere.

On the other hand, Akihiko's overhead in cyclone level 3 is godlike, fastest overhead in the game, easy 4k in the corner.

Busaiku

I really hate this stupid controller of mine.

I lost most of those games due to my stupidity and inability to finish a game for sure, but there were so many that could've been different if this stupid thing didn't think I was pressing 2 buttons all the time...

I really hate this stupid controller of mine.

I lost most of those games due to my stupidity and inability to finish a game for sure, but there were so many that could've been different if this stupid thing didn't think I was pressing 2 buttons all the time...

=(

I need to get rid of marvel habits (again)

Busaiku

I like how you "chip killed" me in that one game though.
I'm like, why waste all that meter, and then bam!

And I still hate the fact that everyone else gets Furious Actions that last forever, but Teddie's only lasts like 2 frames.
It's definitely the best thing in the game if I'm psychic, but it's so hard to tell otherwise, and I can never get anyone off of me.

I like how you "chip killed" me in that one game though.
I'm like, why waste all that meter, and then bam!

And I still hate the fact that everyone else gets Furious Actions that last forever, but Teddie's only lasts like 2 frames.
It's definitely the best thing in the game if I'm psychic, but it's so hard to tell otherwise, and I can never get anyone off of me.

Yeah its a setup I have if I have 150sp. If I see that I can just chip you down low enough where anything would kill you then I'll go for it if the situation lines up.

Teddie has to atleast last 5 frames active. Its about as long as chie give or take (recalling from atleast a week + memory)

Busaiku

Yeah, Chie's isn't too great.
I'm not saying Teddie Decoy isn't great, I just wish it lasted longer to make up for my inability to play games.

Yeah, Chie's isn't too great.
I'm not saying Teddie Decoy isn't great, I just wish it lasted longer to make up for my inability to play games.

I wished my character could do 30% dmg off a counter hit 5A no meter! This tournament is going to be rough for me. I'm sure twil is going to blow me the fuck up despite us being just about even in sets.

T.O.P

Banned
As expected after trying Yu and Hakihiko...i found my main in Kanji, totally different from the usual rushdown character that i love so much, but holy crap, he's too fuckin awesome :3

Shito

I really want to give Kanji a try, one of those days, I quite like his style.
Plus he's a quite a weird match-up for Elizabeth; I can keep him off of me for the two thirds of the match and still lose in just one touch from him and a reset. Lost 2-3 against an S-ranked Kanji yesterday, girlfriend dropped by so I had to stop, but this made me want to try him a bit so to learn what he can do and when.

Lucentto

Banned
ggs lucento, you're really good with multiple characters, I need to play you more lol

I honestly don't play too much lol, i'm not sure if I am going to have any time for this game anymore when RE6 releases. But when i'm on, you can invite me whenever until then.

Good games Ragingnight.

I'm so bad lol.

there is no way you are bad. Your rushdown is pretty relentless but I notice you mixed it up later on.

I need to steal people's combos.

Btw that tigerknee agi and hop j5A was all found out last night when I was playing with busaiku. I was like "this shit is pretty good...if they don't know what to do"

BTW I FEEL BAD ABOUT THE INSTANT KILL

I was mashing burst cuz it was lamost filled . Instead I IK'd and it hit. I was like "well... that works too."

edit

Why is IB so addicting in this game. Its like parrying in 3s all over again.

Beats

there is no way you are bad. Your rushdown is pretty relentless but I notice you went to mixed it up later on.

I need to steal people's combos.

Btw that tigerknee agi and hop j5A was all found out last night when I was playing with busaiku. I was like "this shit is pretty good...if they don't know what to do"

BTW I FEEL BAD ABOUT THE INSTANT KILL

I was mashing burst cuz it was lamost filled . Instead I IK'd and it hit. I was like "well... that works too."

I just make way too many mistakes haha. Yeah I had to mix it up later when you started winning a lot :p.

I got a partial FC combo in battle so I'm kind of happy about that heh. By the way you can do 5C Fatal Counter > Agi(SB) if the opponent is on the ground or 5C FC > 5BB > TK Agi (SB) if they're in the air. I saw you get a few FCs with 5C that I kept running into.

Top Bottom