• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

I just make way too many mistakes haha. Yeah I had to mix it up later when you started winning a lot :p.

I got a partial FC combo in battle so I'm kind of happy about that heh. By the way you can do 5C Fatal Counter > Agi(SB) if the opponent is on the ground or 5C FC > 5BB > TK Agi (SB) if they're in the air. I saw you get a few FCs with 5C that I kept running into.

I haven't gotten used to the SB agi combos. I tried the mission mode like 2 weeks ago and was like "this is hard".

Beckx

Yeah, don't forget the tourney is tonight at 9PM EST. That said, I'm still accepting entries until 8:30PM at the challonge link, before I arrange the bracket and stuff.

Now to get practicing...

Real life has reared its ugly head. I have a slim hope of making the tournament, but it's not looking good. I don't want to delay anything so assume I'm not going to make it, I'll drop you a PSN note by 8:30 if I can make it.

Looking forward to the replays!

TWILT

Banned
Sorry to hear that Noi and Beckx (didn't get a message, so...). Maybe next time then.

Anyway, sign ups are now closed. Here are the brackets. In 20 minutes, I'll be hosting the winners lobby and will be saving each match. Start preparing...

Sorry to hear that Noi and Beckx (didn't get a message, so...). Maybe next time then.

Anyway, sign ups are now closed. Here are the brackets. In 20 minutes, I'll be hosting the winners lobby and will be saving each match. Start preparing...

be vs beats? LOL

We just played like 30 games hahaha

2 out of 3 is going make it a toss up between the two

edit

Again if you guys want to vent it up, send me a PM.

TWILT

Banned
Good games everyone! Really fun matches. Pretty happy that I won, though I didn't think I would after I was sent to losers. Full results up on the challonge link.
Will be buying myself a PSN card tomorrow to get KoF13 or something. >_>

In the possible future, would everyone be okay with the old format (2/3, 3/5 for losers/winners/grand finals, etc.)? I'm thinking about next time maybe 3/5 each round since some people wanted it (then again, matches might be too long lol.)

Onemic

ggs on the tourney guys, really fun.

I got promoted to S rank today. All my original goals I had for this game have now been completely surpassed

Onemic saw the threat of my 10 min chie.

even though it was like 13-0 BUT SOME WERE CLOSE!

yukiko is just so beast. If either I can steal beats 5C FC combo or he can steal my setups it would be really funny.

Busaiku

Hey guys, I'm thinking next month I'll do weekly ranbats.
Points will be for either 1 or 2 months, not completely sure.

But in any case, I'll probably have Persona related prizes for the highest point holder after whatever the cutoff date is.
Also, I'll probably have a random drawing prize for anyone who participates in all the tournaments, so everyone that decides to make time every weekend has a chance at something too.

I'm thinking Persona 4 Golden or Persona 4 The Animation Part 1 will be the winner prize.
Not gonna say what the other prize is, cause I haven't decided myself.

But yeah, it'll be every weekend starting the 1st weekend in October.
Not sure whether it'll be Fridays or Saturdays, probably the latter.

Onemic

But in any case, I'll probably have Persona related prizes for the highest point holder after whatever the cutoff date is.
Also, I'll probably have a random drawing prize for anyone who participates in all the tournaments, so everyone that decides to make time every weekend has a chance at something too.

I'm thinking Persona 4 Golden or Persona 4 The Animation Part 1 will be the winner prize.

I am so down for this.

good idea. I'll never win tho!

Busaiku

Alright, so here's what I'm thinking...
It'll be double eliminations with points going towards top 8.

1st place - 10 points
2nd place - 7 points
3rd place - 5 points
4th place - 3 points
5th/6th place - 2 points
7th/8th place - 1 point

The point allocation is completely random, if someone has a proper distribution, please share that.
Or should we do something besides double elimination?

Also remember that for that random drawing, you don't need a single point to qualify.
You just need to make sure to show up every week.

Onemic

dunno what happened but ggs prototype. Siding Naoto now?

I really need to go into training mode and train on blocking Aigis' dumb sweep into instant overhead. If I make one mistake I eat 4k dmg. I just don't play enough good Aigis players to make that investment worth it. :/

Busaiku

Alright guys, here's the signup link for the GAFBats.
It'll be on October 6.

Remember to sign up with your GAF name and your PSN name - Busaiku / Sarumanu (PSN), as such (you don't need to include "PSN").

Start time not 100%, really dependent on entrants.
No earlier than 7 PM EST and no later than 10 PM EST though.
I'll let you guys know by that Wednesday though, and signups will go through 30 minutes before whenever the final time is.

Decided to go with standard Double Elimination brackets.
2/3 except for Winners/Losers/Grand Finals, which are 3/5.

Point allocation is still up for debate.

Here's what I've got so far...
1st place - 10 points
2nd place - 7 points
3rd place - 5 points
4th place - 3 points
5th/6th place - 2 points
7th/8th place - 1 point

If anyone can come up with something more fair, I'm all for it, this is totally random.

Also, seeding will always be random.

dunno what happened but ggs prototype. Siding Naoto now?

I really need to go into training mode and train on blocking Aigis' dumb sweep into instant overhead. If I make one mistake I eat 4k dmg. I just don't play enough good Aigis players to make that investment worth it. :/

GGs. Naoto's the main that my roommate's using so I was dabbing around with her a bit. I suck so much with her. Aigis does have a top tier sweep. Not sure why you can also dash cancel it in Orgia mode.

Top Bottom