• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

It's ridiculous how bad I am at games.
11 freaking games, and only on the last 1 did I punish what should've been stopped after like 2-3 times.

If anyone else in the world had the amount of free time that I do and play this game as much as I do, they would be like the greatest.
But me, I get beaten by trolling for 10 games.

Not to mention I keep going for the same scrub tactics every time, whether it wins or loses.

I can't wait for Guilty Gear and BlazBlue to come out and I don't even have the luxury of autocombo.

Who do you play as?

Onemic

It's ridiculous how bad I am at games.
11 freaking games, and only on the last 1 did I punish what should've been stopped after like 2-3 times.

If anyone else in the world had the amount of free time that I do and play this game as much as I do, they would be like the greatest.
But me, I get beaten by trolling for 10 games.

Not to mention I keep going for the same scrub tactics every time, whether it wins or loses.

I can't wait for Guilty Gear and BlazBlue to come out and I don't even have the luxury of autocombo.

but you're A rank doe?

And stop playing to win in player matches. Learning that is what really helped me click with mitsu after getting destroyed by everyone on ranked and on gaf.

Busaiku

And stop playing to win in player matches. Learning that is what really helped me click with mitsu after getting destroyed by everyone on ranked and on gaf.

This is the problem.
I don't learn.

I get punished for Bear Screw.
What do I do? I use Bear Screw!

I get punished for Teddie Decoy.
Looks like I just need another Teddie Decoy!

There aren't enough TVs on the screen, let's throw them out and be really obvious about it!

TWILT

Banned
Why don't you use Teddie's bat more? Seems like a really good move (long ranged, good punish move, and jump cancellable), and you get a free combo if the opponent's in the corner and if it's a counter hit.

Busaiku

It's really bad when it whiffs, the vertical hitbox isn't good, and it has very few active frames.
I suck at dash canceling with the analog too, so I can never really do much even if I get wall stick with the bat.

It's why I use Bear Screw a lot, whereas most would probably use the bat.

Busaiku

Geneijin, you never went for any of those unblockable followups whenever you'd knock me in the air.
I think that made the big difference the last time we played way back.

Geneijin

Geneijin, you never went for any of those unblockable followups whenever you'd knock me in the air.
I think that made the big difference the last time we played way back.
Eh, it wasn't really that much of a difference even then. I've dropped a lot of moonsaults/crescent slashes and couldn't land any air combos today. I also still don't know how to approach the Teddie matchup at all. It's not very clear cut like the Mitsuru matchup :lol

Onemic

practicing 3s is tons better!

It is, but no one plays 3S anymore :( No point in trying to learn a game that is pretty much dead. I still practice it from time to time, but its near the bottom of the fighting games that I try practicing. (I guess the list in order for me is: P4A, SF4, KOFXIII, TTT2, 3S)

Onemic

MITSURU NERF?!

No, may the salt continue to flow through your wounds.

I do hope it fixes the game crash that occurs if you try and join a friends player match when you're in training mode within your created lobby

Can someone who has a stick please help me understand how to IAD properly? When doing IAD's to the left, it's easy as I just use my thumb, but on the right I have to use my ring finger since I hold the stick with my ring and pinky under the stick and everything else on top. Doing it on the right is just an exercise in frustration for me, especially when trying to practice IAD while dashing forward.

Beats

No, may the salt continue to flow through your wounds.

I do hope it fixes the game crash that occurs if you try and join a friends player match when you're in training mode within your created lobby

Can someone who has a stick please help me understand how to IAD properly? When doing IAD's to the left, it's easy as I just use my thumb, but on the right I have to use my ring finger since I hold the stick with my ring and pinky under the stick and everything else on top. Doing it on the right is just an exercise in frustration for me, especially when trying to practice IAD while dashing forward.

I just push the stick up with my thumb, let it go back to neutral, then quickly flick left/right twice with my top three fingers. My ring and pinky finger pretty much don't do anything. I hold mine sort of like this though:

wjWbr.jpg

Onemic

I just push the stick up with my thumb, let it go back to neutral, then quickly flick left/right twice with my top three fingers. My ring and pinky finger pretty much don't do anything. I hold mine sort of like this though:

wjWbr.jpg

Ya I hold it the exact same way, but with my thumb more to the side than on top. I'll try that, I've been currently doing it on the right side by using my ring and pinky finger to push the stick up as well as flick it right.

Busaiku

Next week, it encompasses October.

Also, it's really weird/stupid that Teddie doesn't have anything that can cause Silence.
SB Puppetteddie should've done this instead of more Bearserk.

Onemic

ggs geneijin

Looks like matching crazy movement with crazy movement is the way to go instead of walking like a tank. Now to learn better ways to use 5b...

Top Bottom