• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

OwlyKnees

So what's stopping Atlus putting the game on the European store now that it's available digitally? Because it'll undermine Zen United's efforts?

I honestly do not know if we'll see the game in Europe. I cannot imagine what is causing the delay after so long. I want to believe. I want to believe that the PS3 version is ready to go, that they are just waiting for the Xbox version. I want to believe. I'm a fool.

I'm so fucking salty.

Onemic

So what's stopping Atlus putting the game on the European store now that it's available digitally? Because it'll undermine Zen United's efforts?

I honestly do not know if we'll see the game in Europe. I cannot imagine what is causing the delay after so long. I want to believe. I want to believe that the PS3 version is ready to go, that they are just waiting for the Xbox version. I want to believe. I'm a fool.

I'm so fucking salty.

It's not coming.

I still don't know why Atlus Region locked the game and then acted like it was coming to Europe a few weeks after the NA release. I think they just wanted to troll Euro customers.

Anyone wanna play? I'll be on in 10min

Noi

I was gonna play some Soul Calibur V with a friend, but it didn't quite pan out. I'm up for some P4A instead if you guys are still playing! Ruuusty as heck.

Uncle AJ

Lol yeah I'm done... can't even do my most basic combos and punishes. People always say this netcode is great but I've yet to experience it.

Noi

woooow, pretty much everything I knew has gone out the window. Then again, that's usually the case when you don't touch the game for months on end.

FluxWaveZ

woooow, pretty much everything I knew has gone out the window. Then again, that's usually the case when you don't touch the game for months on end.

Good games, Noi! It seemed that some of what you lost was slowly coming back to you as we were playing. I had more trouble against your Yukiko than your Labrys, I think.

Noi

That was fun! I started to get something back with Yukiko, though at least I didn't get hit with an IK. That would have been embarassing, :lol.

Good games, Noi! It seemed that some of what you lost was slowly coming back to you as we were playing. I had more trouble against your Yukiko than your Labrys, I think.

Yeah, I've always favored zoners more than other character types. Not to say that my Labrys was particularly good before, but at least I could consistently pull off what I did know, haha.

OwlyKnees

It's not coming.

I still don't know why Atlus Region locked the game and then acted like it was coming to Europe a few weeks after the NA release. I think they just wanted to troll Euro customers.

Anyone wanna play? I'll be on in 10min

ಠ_ಠ

Okei, how about this: You stream the game, and I relay live inputs to you over Skype. IT'S THE BEST I'LL GET.

Just got through the PS+ trial of this game. Pretty fun, looks like it has a lot of content. Once I get through P4G I'm definitely gonna pick this up

Geneijin

Good price then. Who knows, maybe the lower price will attract more buyers, meaning more people to play against in ranked for practice (yes the ranking system is kinda weird, but I've noticed people usually play with their best in ranked when points are on the line)

this pleases me
A best of one means so little.

Archon473

A best of one means so little.

The same could be said for a lot of conditions - online match, non-tournament match, exhibition match. That ranking points are never subtracted means players' efforts are never erased. At the very least, an S rank in this game means something because the player spent so much time playing (hopefully not boosting to S rank, though). Certain games seem to attract honesty due to their ranking system highlighting games played rather than win/loss ratio. P4A and MvC2 seem to retain intense competition in Ranked matches as a result.

Geneijin

The same could be said for a lot of conditions - online match, non-tournament match, exhibition match. That ranking points are never subtracted means players' efforts are never erased. At the very least, an S rank in this game means something because the player spent so much time playing (hopefully not boosting to S rank, though). Certain games seem to attract honesty due to their ranking system highlighting games played rather than win/loss ratio. P4A and MvC2 seem to retain intense competition in Ranked matches as a result.
That's... a much different thing than saying a person's best can be represented well in a best of one.

Geneijin

GGs, really need to work on that matchup. Feel scared to rush in. Man, that character is annoying, haha.
Yeah, ggs

You really shouldn't be that scared of rushing in though. The matchup is all about you getting in and me doing hit-and-runs (more so than usual).

Edit: And your j.B really surprised me those 3 times when you countered my j.D. I didn't think you could hit confirm so cleanly on them.

Mesoian

Man, no one is playing this game on 360 except the extremely savage. It's gotten to the point where I'm not learning anything anymore, I'm just getting whooped.

Mesoian

What matchups are you struggling with? I still get obliterated by Chie's oki game :|

Specifically, Kanji/Yosuke and Kanji/Chie. But then, I'm only playing against people ranked S, SS, SS+ or Master. Can't remember the last time I played against someone else who was C.

Geneijin

Specifically, Kanji/Yosuke and Kanji/Chie. But then, I'm only playing against people ranked S, SS, SS+ or Master. Can't remember the last time I played against someone else who was C.
What specifically are the troubles you're having with the Yosuke matchup? I might be able to help as a Yosuke main.

Top Bottom