• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

FluxWaveZ

Oh man, that 0 connection was doing us no favors at all! Uh, I'll see if there's anything I could do on my end to fix that and I should be ready to play if I can fix it.

Sophia

Oh man, that 0 connection was doing us no favors at all! Uh, I'll see if there's anything I could do on my end to fix that and I should be ready to play if I can fix it.

I don't think it's your end. I usually get great games against onemic, but I'm getting random lag spikes this time that aren't helping either of us.

Onemic

Yes indeed. That was worse than usual. Good games tho. I didn't do too bad for not having played in so long.

all you have to do is learn her universal non orgia mode combo that goes into orgia mode and her universal orgia mode combo and you're pretty much set. The orgia mode combo doubles as a block string/ frame trap so you don't have to know anything else!

Geneijin

No wonder I have such problems with the Labrys matchup. Didn't think her super jump height was on par with mine. Combine that with her j.B and j.D, she's harder to approach through my normal means.

FluxWaveZ

No wonder I have such problems with the Labrys matchup. Didn't think her super jump height was on par with mine. Combine that with her j.B and j.D, she's harder to approach through my normal means.

I never thought about characters having different super jump heights, interesting. And I don't know much about Labrys, but if aerial approach is usually your thing and those moves are stopping you from doing that, maybe sticking to the ground should be the focus in that MU? I dunno.

All I know is that Yosuke's really fun to play as. So much so that sometimes I wonder if I made the right decision by maining Shadow Labrys.

Geneijin

I never thought about characters having different super jump heights, interesting.
I guess it's easier for me to notice because I have the highest super jump in the game :lol

It bothered me so much that I hit the lab to measure some things.

And I don't know much about Labrys, but if aerial approach is usually your thing and those moves are stopping you from doing that, maybe sticking to the ground should be the focus in that MU? I dunno.
Probably, but I don't want to concede that in the any matchup. It's fun to glide!

All I know is that Yosuke's really fun to play as. So much so that sometimes I wonder if I made the right decision by maining Shadow Labrys.
Eh, the frustration levels are higher. I abhor playing against Teddie and Yu.

Uncle AJ

Chies, if you can't do your j.A/j.B oki setups and you only AoA as an overhead, even I'll start noticing that.

My reactable 23-frame overhead ;_;

I've been using air turn > IAD > j.A out of blockstrings more often as a way to keep pressure going if my mixup gets blocked. j.B occasionally too but that's easier to react to.

Geneijin

Anyone want to play in 10 minutes?

PSN: Kopyasu

My reactable 23-frame overhead ;_;
Chie's 5B > AoA always mindfucks me

I've been using air turn > IAD > j.A out of blockstrings more often as a way to keep pressure going if my mixup gets blocked. j.B occasionally too but that's easier to react to.
We should play some time. I need to get exposed more. Or are you only XBL only? :(

FluxWaveZ

Ha, connection insufficient to even watch the match. Well, I'm done for now, but ggs! Always love playing the game, even though the lag was unfortunate.

Geneijin

Well, P4A is on PSN but for $30. Sadly, no PS+ discount :(

Anyone want to play in 10 minutes?

PSN: Kopyasu

Edit: You Chie players are so damn disrespectful with that overhead.

Geneijin

Just got the game, hit me up (I'm really new and really bad at fighting games)

PSN: elektrikpulse

USEast
I got some time to play right now if you're available.

Edit: Here's hoping the lag will be good.

Edit2: Lag isn't too bad, is it?

PSN: MoTheHawk. Catch me in the evenings. Things are a bit crazy now with me getting ready to move, but I'll be on when I can.
Will do. Probably this weekend then.

Top Bottom