• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Esura

Banned
Is the rap version of Burn My Dread that plays at the end of P3 in this?

I love it. That will be my training track.

Sophia

Is the rap version of Burn My Dread that plays at the end of P3 in this?

I love it. That will be my training track.

It's been ripped from the game, at least. No idea if it's selectable. Story mode has a lot of tracks from Persona 3 that were underused in P3 itself. I know Shadow plays a few times in P4A, even though it was only used like... once in P3. >_>;

Esura

Banned
It's been ripped from the game, at least. No idea if it's selectable. Story mode has a lot of tracks from Persona 3 that were underused in P3 itself. I know Shadow plays a few times in P4A, even though it was only used like... once in P3. >_>;

Ah...cool. If it's not selectable, that's what my laptop for. :p

I just finished FES earlier today and...that has to be the best theme for a
final boss
I've ever listen to in a RPG since Overworld from FFX. I would pay money for DLC to make it selectable.

Sophia

Ah...cool. If it's not selectable, that's what my laptop for. :p

I just finished FES earlier today and...that has to be the best theme for a
final boss
I've ever listen to in a RPG since Overworld from FFX. I would pay money for DLC to make it selectable.

I'm more fond of Persona 4's The Genesis, due to it having an actual orchestration in it.

Esura

Banned
I'm more fond of Persona 4's The Genesis, due to it having an actual orchestration in it.

The Genesis...I probably heard that in P4 but just don't know it by name.

Well, I think I'm ready for P4A's story mode now. Finished Journey and P4 (both within one and a half month, is that a world record?) and I plan on YT'ing the Answer because I can't be arsed to deal with that difficulty spike.

Oh, I have a question. Do anyone got any nice quality Aigis or Chie renders? I plan on making some avatars for the thread and myself but I can't find any that's not...not safe for work. :(

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
xh3PV.gif

Rarutos

I kind of want to put down my PSN info to be added to the OP, since I think it'd be nice to join in some GAF lobbies, but... I couldn't add more people on my list without deleting some on it now. :(

I think she was Rachel in Blazblue.

Whoa, really?! Wow! That's quite a different performance, and a pretty consistent one too. I'm very interested to see how Fuuka will sound now.

Persona 3 has the better final boss, but P4's got the better music by simply being a real orchestration. As great as The Battle for Everyone's Souls is, it's still a fake orchestration. :(

Actually I'm pretty sure both of them are digital compositions! I don't think Meguro has ever used a real orchestra in the Persona games. The only real instruments he has are of the rock band set.

Personally I prefer P3's final boss song. The Genesis is way too long and monotonous until the breakdown. Also, coming from a purely logical and objective standpoint, The Battle for Everyone's Souls is boss as hell.

Esura

Banned
It's the final boss theme.

Persona 3 has the better final boss, but P4's got the better music by simply being a real orchestration. As great as The Battle for Everyone's Souls is, it's still a fake orchestration. :(

Oh, I remember. Thats bad-A. Doesn't pop like Burn My Dread remix though.

Overall I must say I like P4's tracks over P3's but Burn My Dread remix and that one song that plays when you fight those Shadow generals in Tartarus are some great ones.

I have a feeling I'm going to love the stage select/music select in Versus mode.

Sophia

Whoa, really?! Wow! That's quite a different performance, and a pretty consistent one too. I'm very interested to see how Fuuka will sound now.

Actually I'm pretty sure both of them are digital compositions! I don't think Meguro has ever used a real orchestra in the Persona games. The only real instruments he has are of the rock band set.

Personally I prefer P3's final boss song. The Genesis is way too long and monotonous until the breakdown. Also, coming from a purely logical and objective standpoint, The Battle for Everyone's Souls is boss as hell.

I'll check the credits later when I'm not lazy. At any rate, Persona 3's got the better final boss in general. x_X

And Mela Lee is not the voice of Fuuka, Paula Tiso is. Not the same actor as Rachel. For the longest time they were mistaken for each other.

Oh, I remember. Thats bad-A. Doesn't pop like Burn My Dread remix though.

Overall I must say I like P4's tracks over P3's but Burn My Dread remix and that one song that plays when you fight those Shadow generals in Tartarus are some great ones.

I have a feeling I'm going to love the stage select/music select in Versus mode.

Well, to be fair. Burn My Dread (Last Battle) kinda had to pop, given it played for all of three minutes or less depending on player interaction. =P

Esura

Banned
I'll check the credits later when I'm not lazy. At any rate, Persona 3's got the better final boss in general. x_X

And Mela Lee is not the voice of Fuuka, Paula Tiso is. Not the same actor as Rachel. For the longest time they were mistaken for each other.

That's Lulu's voice actress from FFX no?

Like what happened from Lulu to Fuuka!?

Esura

Banned
*shrugs*

It'd be a hell of a lot easier if they actually credited the actors at the end of the game instead of making us guess.

True.

I hope her performance of Fuuka is better in Arena cause I can't listen to her announce if she sounds even remotely like eh like she does in FES.

Well, I think I'm ready for P4A's story mode now. Finished Journey and P4 (both within one and a half month, is that a world record?) and I plan on YT'ing the Answer because I can't be arsed to deal with that difficulty spike.

First I thought you meant that PSN game Journey and I was like "yeah it's a record for slowest time," but Idk how you can beat both P3 and 4 in 1.5 months. I've been playing P3 now for 2 months and I'm on the last month.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
http://s2.favim.com/orig/28/barney-barney-stinson-et-high-five-how-Favim.com-235374.gif[/ig][/QUOTE]

I can only do low fives sir, can't raise my arms above shoulder level :P

[quote="Parakeetman, post: 40465096"]I shall leave you with this instead![/QUOTE]

Oh is that from a new Gantz anime? I thought this was a thread about Persona. Kappa

Sophia

First I thought you meant that PSN game Journey and I was like "yeah it's a record for slowest time," but Idk how you can beat both P3 and 4 in 1.5 months. I've been playing P3 now for 2 months and I'm on the last month.

Persona 3 is pretty easy on the Beginner (P3P) or Easy setting. Hell I think Beginner is like 20 hours if you rush. =P

It's really hard to lose with 10/30 revives and a 30% damage decrease dealt by enemies.

Esura

Banned

I just squeezed in some hours for Persona whenever I had the time.

I'm not used to working on such small avatars but I gave it a shot.
gKhtL.png
0qrjb.png

Solune

How do you check that? I've always wondered...

And this game needs more Junpei. Playing P3 in anticipation of this game has been a blast so far. Watching the P4 anime as well, though the 1st episode is random as fuck. Dude just gets his powers all of a sudden and knows what to do. Although I understand that's probably what happened in the game(as P3 was similar in that regard) it just doesn't translate to TV that well.

Shouldn't bother with the anime if you can play the game.

I think he should. It's pretty funny and you'll miss out on Aika.

The anime is pretty much only for people verse with the persona series though. They won't get the velvet room, social links, and etc because the anime just assumes the viewers knows these things beforehand and doesn't really explain any of it.

Sophia

The anime is pretty much only for people verse with the persona series though. They won't get the velvet room, social links, and etc because the anime just assumes the viewers knows these things beforehand and doesn't really explain any of it.

This isn't really the anime's fault. They had to do it that way because Igor's actor died. :\

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
The anime is pretty much only for people verse with the persona series though. They won't get the velvet room, social links, and etc.

The anime is for those who dont have the time to go through the RPG is how I see it basically or to introduce folks to the series, who then after watching it might be enticed to purchase the game.

Think of it as cliff-notes for P4.

Esura

Banned
This isn't really the anime's fault. They had to do it that way because Igor's actor died. :\

Eh wha? That sorely sucks. Did he do the P3 Igor too?

I ended up liking Aigis during my time with FES so much I scrapped my Chie avatar I was working on for Aigis.

Sophia

Eh wha? That sorely sucks. Did he do the P3 Igor too?

I ended up liking Aigis during my time with FES so much I scrapped my Chie avatar I was working on for Aigis.

Isamu Tanonaka. He was the actor for Igor from Persona 3 onward until his death. Persona 3 Portable was the last game he did. :(

They haven't picked a replacement actor, hence why the Velvet Room scenes are short and have Margaret speaking. All of Igor's dialogue is straight from the game. Same for P4A and P4G as well.

(Woohoo. The more Aigis avatars the better! >_>)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Isamu Tanonaka. He was the actor for Igor from Persona 3 onward until his death. Persona 3 Portable was the last game he did. :(

They haven't picked a replacement actor, hence why the Velvet Room scenes are short and have Margaret speaking. All of Igor's dialogue is straight from the game. Same for P4A and P4G as well.

I have to say I really love how japan honors the VA's as being tied to the character directly. They did the same in GG when Zato-1's VA died Zato died for reals in the game and the minion was a new voice and new character. For tekken they reverted heihachi to a younger version for the newer things as old heihachi is tied to his former VA

Esura

Banned

(Woohoo. The more Aigis avatars the better! >_>)

Kind of hard to replace someone who've been portraying a specific character for so long.

I thought Chie was the best thing since slice bread after P4 until I played FES and saw Aigis. :p

I have to say I really love how japan honors the VA's as being tied to the character directly. They did the same in GG when Zato-1's VA died Zato died for reals in the game and the minion was a new voice and new character. For tekken they reverted heihachi to a younger version for the newer things as old heihachi is tied to his former VA

Me too. Major respect for their peeps.

Doombear

Parts still coming in from all over, but this is my current state of affairs with the stick...

Not 100% happy with the way placement shook out, but I just can't get it to look any better. I am too picky though. Probably going to add a bit more in the 'empty' space at the top. Clear buttons, clear balltop. Can't wait.

Thoughts?

Esura

Banned
Sometimes I'm jealous of stick owners. Not really because I think it's superior to pads or anything but because of the sheer amount of customization one can apply to a stick. My wrist bothers me whenever I try to use my old Mad Catz SE stick though. Someone should come out with fully customizable pads.

Sophia

First patch is free, anything after is 10k.

That's what I thought, but I had second doubts. I'm sure they'll probably charge DLC or something to make it up sadly. >_>;

Sometimes I'm jealous of stick owners. Not really because I think it's superior to pads or anything but because of the sheer amount of customization one can apply to a stick. My wrist bothers me whenever I try to use my old Mad Catz SE stick.

I don't even have a stick. I really need to get on it, but money's always a concern. ><;

Esura

Banned
That's what I thought, but I had second doubts. I'm sure they'll probably charge DLC or something to make it up sadly. >_>;

I don't even have a stick. I really need to get on it, but money's always a concern. ><;

I'd say it isn't worth it, but then again I'm extremely biased being a pad warrior who couldn't adjust to a stick after years of training.

Sophia

I'd say it isn't worth it, but then again I'm extremely biased being a pad warrior who couldn't adjust to a stick after years of training.

Ehh, I've always wanted a stick for more than just fighting games. I've just never been into the scene enough to justify spending so much on what will be one of my only big purchases in a year.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Good news for P4A's 360 posse: the team has finished a patch for the spotty online and it is now undergoing testing. Sucks that they had to blow $10k on it, but it's great that it's getting a fix.

Id say its worth it considering how bad the press will be if they 360 launch for the US with no patch ready to fix the lag issue. They just better hope no new problems arise, since with the free patch used up next one will cost them Id reckon.

Ehh, I've always wanted a stick for more than just fighting games. I've just never been into the scene enough to justify spending so much on what will be one of my only big purchases in a year.
With all the shmups being released on consoles as disk / download a stick makes for massive win with those games. Though besides that and fighting games yeah not really much else you need a stick for.

Parts still coming in from all over, but this is my current state of affairs with the stick...
Not 100% happy with the way placement shook out, but I just can't get it to look any better. I am too picky though. Probably going to add a bit more in the 'empty' space at the top. Clear buttons, clear balltop. Can't wait.
Thoughts?

Its unfortunate that most of the artwork is covered up by the stick / button placement. Perhaps might want to choose another design since most of that one has been compromised imho, damned shame too considering its a very nice pic to use only if it fit right. D: Even with all the clear buttons and such do you think the design will work out ok? As others said do dig the geometrical shapes used around the stick / buttons!

*Just re-read the info seeing that clear parts will be used.

Top Bottom