• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Esura

Banned
Ehh, I've always wanted a stick for more than just fighting games. I've just never been into the scene enough to justify spending so much on what will be one of my only big purchases in a year.

Yeah, they don't really make too many cheap yet well made sticks for those who want to try.

Wished they put some Sanwas in some $60 sticks. Playing with those are hard as is, let alone those ass stock parts that comes with MCs or Hori's cheaper sticks.

Doombear

Sometimes I'm jealous of stick owners. Not really because I think it's superior to pads or anything but because of the sheer amount of customization one can apply to a stick. My wrist bothers me whenever I try to use my old Mad Catz SE stick though. Someone should come out with fully customizable pads.

To be honest, this thread (back on page 7 or so) was what finally pushed me over the edge. The artwork getting posted, I just couldn't handle it and had to have my own. Thanks P4U fans...

Also, that is a sweet stick Doombear. Love the vibrant sketch effects and the TV tube shape.

Thanks Axel! I can't take credit for the base image, that was a wonderfully talented artist I stumbled on that made some beautiful changes to Atlus' original wallpaper. The button/stick separations and a few other tweaks like the tube (need to tweak that more) are my additions. Can't wait to play this gorgeous game.

To be honest, this thread (back on page 7 or so) was what finally pushed me over the edge. The artwork getting posted, I just couldn't handle it and had to have my own. Thanks P4U fans...

Thanks Axel! I can't take credit for the base image, that was a wonderfully talented artist I stumbled on that made some beautiful changes to Atlus' original wallpaper. The button/stick separations and a few other tweaks like the tube (need to tweak that more) are my additions. Can't wait to play this gorgeous game.

Good eye, it'll look great on a stick. And I've been looking for that tube design everywhere -- any chance I could get a copy? If it's too much of a hassle, no worries. As for that blank space at the top, maybe you could add a little text or something. This wallpaper, for example, uses half of your image, but it's got some excellent typography to fill up the space. Maybe take some inspiration -- some lyrics or a quote would be pretty cool!

Amagon

xh3PV.gif
What in the what???

Vice

Sometimes I'm jealous of stick owners. Not really because I think it's superior to pads or anything but because of the sheer amount of customization one can apply to a stick. My wrist bothers me whenever I try to use my old Mad Catz SE stick though. Someone should come out with fully customizable pads.

You could try a hit box

hitbox1.jpg

Shito

I'd say it isn't worth it, but then again I'm extremely biased being a pad warrior who couldn't adjust to a stick after years of training.
Yeah, you basically have to accept starting over from scratch and being shit with your execution for many months onward.
I've made the full switch a few years ago, and I'm only now starting to get "fluent" with a stick.

It‘s great to see they‘re solving the 360 issue so quickly, now my only worry is getting the game on time.

Oh good god no. I remember seeing a video on SRK showing this dude use it and it looks awkward as all heck.

Have you ever played on keyboard?

Honestly, to me, for games with less than 6 buttons, a good stick > a good keyboard > pad.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Currently in the hospital but i will be going in on this game when its
out and im finally out of here.

Kintaro - ps3- pan name: darshiro

alstein

Perhaps even midnight releases in some areas :)

Hopefully Gamestop is midnight release, I planned to pick this up retail (beats waiting for mail or paying more), midnight release= I can wake up and get it since I get off work at 8am Tuesday.

It's why I've been loving the FinestKO and other west coast streams- gives me something to do at work. ^_^

Hopefully Gamestop is midnight release, I planned to pick this up retail (beats waiting for mail or paying more), midnight release= I can wake up and get it since I get off work at 8am Tuesday.

It's why I've been loving the FinestKO and other west coast streams- gives me something to do at work. ^_^

Yeah the FinestKO guys are great! The competitive Catherine matches were hilarious.

there's something with Labrys voice (english) that felt unique. I really like her voice.

just played Kanji's story mode, it's hilarious and great, especially the alternate ending. lol

really like the story mode. although it's a bit annoying playing Yu, Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko story since their story is too similar.

gameplay wise. I've only been button mashing the auto combo so far. I figure to at least beat the story mode first before I try to dig deeper.

there's something with Labrys voice (english) that felt unique. I really like her voice.

just played Kanji's story mode, it's hilarious and great, especially the alternate ending. lol

really like the story mode. although it's a bit annoying playing Yu, Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko story since their story is too similar.

gameplay wise. I've only been button mashing the auto combo so far. I figure to at least beat the story mode first before I try to dig deeper.

Do autocombos always option select into a finisher or super move depending if you have the SP?

SerRodrik

Ugh. The 3 day Newegg shipping is gonna be the worst, I can already tell. Free sometimes carries costs of its own, I suppose. Hope I can dodge spoilers during that period.

I can't believe I just paid this off yesterday even though I've never played P4(I will when P4G is out) and only about 60 hours of P3P. I guess it's ASW fighters getting to me yet again.

SerRodrik

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
How do the achievements for story mode work? I finished Yu, Yukiko, Chie, Kanji and Akihiro's storylines but no achievements for any of them. :/

Sophia

Awesome. I'm kinda glad they didn't go the fanservice route and only include fan favorite characters. Discovering new characters can be fun too.

Yeah I'm glad they didn't go that route as well.

How do the achievements for story mode work? I finished Yu, Yukiko, Chie, Kanji and Akihiro's storylines but no achievements for any of them. :/

Did you get the true endings? There should be a gold icon next to their portrait.

Curufinwe

Are there any deals on the game? I still haven't pre-ordered anywhere, but I'll just go with Amazon and pay the full $59.96 if there's nothing better.

Top Bottom