• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

FSLink

Banned
Because if I remember right the english version only has english and the japanese only has japanese. I could be wrong though :p Either that or omg all fightan games should be in japanese only

No, Japanese game has English text and English voice options. They just choose not to probably because most of them who have a Japanese PS3 understand Japanese.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
No, Japanese game has English text and English voice options. They just choose not to probably because most of them who have a Japanese PS3 understand Japanese.

Good to know then, pardon my original statement, thought I heard it was that way and it was one of the reasons for the region locking. x.x

Solune

BBCS doesn't even ease you into the trial either. I remember doing one of hakumens trials. The easy shit like moves, supers, etc and then the next combo has you doing jump cancels and tking one of his moves into a long ass combo. It was only challange 3. THREE.

fuck that game.
I think that's one of the problems that exist with fighters where instead of learning a string and expanding on it, they throw you some moves and you do a motion once and then you're expected to remember how everything works in regards to mechanics. At least BB had the decency of telling you how a move is going to function in a combo like omitting the 2nd hit of a move or whatever, and you have the demonstration.
I can't wait to get bodied this August in Jojo's.
Well, keep in mind I'm not that great at fighters. If this is as accessible as people are saying, I'm gonna put a lot of effort into becoming competitive.

I didn't mean to come off as condescending but MvC3 really doesn't have all that complex combos unless you want to get really fancy. Granted, there are some difficult combos in that mission mode, specifically Amaterasu and the last missions of certain characters.

BlackJace

I didn't mean to come off as condescending but MvC3 really doesn't have all that complex combos unless you want to get really fancy. Granted, there are some difficult combos in that mission mode, specifically Amaterasu and the last missions of certain characters.

Bah, I didn't take any offense, man :D

Some of the combos were pretty brutal in that game. But yeah, BB does put a lot of it to shame though.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Damn Amazon really fell off.

Between release date shipping not being free anymore(or not even available in some cases) and taxes in Texas I went and preordered at gamestop.

Oh well I guess I'll be able to get it in the morning now instead of the evening

Infinite

Damn Amazon really fell off.

Between release date shipping not being free anymore(or not even available in some cases) and taxes in Texas I went and preordered at gamestop.

Oh well I guess I'll be able to get it in the morning now instead of the evening

I definitely don't regret switching my order to newegg

cj_iwakura

Diverse wall of post count shame!

• Parakeetman 104
    Marrshu 57
    BlackJace 55
    cj_iwakura 53
    Infinite 46
    we.are.the.armada 42
    QisTopTier 37
    Busaiku 28
    Stark 27
    darkressurection 27
    Yuripaw 26
    God's Beard 23
    onemic 23
    jello44 22
    buddha0991 22
    Snakeyes 22
    TheSeks 20

My friend and I came to a realization today -- if Fuuka's voice actress blossomed from her performance in 2007/2008, you will have some quality voice acting, which will be a pleasant surprise. If not, you get *GASP* THE ENEMY.

In short: everyone wins.

cj_iwakura

My friend and I came to a realization today -- if Fuuka's voice actress blossomed from her performance in 2007/2008, you will have some quality voice acting, which will be a pleasant surprise. If not, you get *GASP* THE ENEMY.

In short: everyone wins.

Actually, it did improve; in FES's epilogue chapter. She sounded very down to earth and calm.

LProtag

I thought I had posted more here. I'll probably post a lot once the game is out.

I have like 2 weeks or so after the game comes out before all my grinding time is cut down to nothing, so I want to train hard online and gain some level of competence before that time is up.

Turlast

Banned
Random, but when I last focused on the countdown to the release of P4A, it was around 40 days away. Glad I didn't check back, since that made the time go by even quicker.

Hex

Banned
Random, but when I last focused on the countdown to the release of P4A, it was around 40 days away. Glad I didn't check back, since that made the time go by even quicker.

cartmanfreeze.gif

Yeah this last week will be really hellish, especially with streams all over.
Might do a run through FES to tide me over

Onemic

• Parakeetman 104
    Marrshu 57
    BlackJace 55
    cj_iwakura 53
    Infinite 46
    we.are.the.armada 42
    QisTopTier 37
    Busaiku 28
    Stark 27
    darkressurection 27
    Yuripaw 26
    God's Beard 23
    onemic 23
    jello44 22
    buddha0991 22
    Snakeyes 22
    TheSeks 20

How do you check that? I've always wondered...

And this game needs more Junpei. Playing P3 in anticipation of this game has been a blast so far. Watching the P4 anime as well, though the 1st episode is random as fuck. Dude just gets his powers all of a sudden and knows what to do. Although I understand that's probably what happened in the game(as P3 was similar in that regard) it just doesn't translate to TV that well.

_woLf

I posted it before but my name wasn't added to OP,

I'm getting the game on PS3.

PSN name: x_Delta_Wolf_x
Main(s): Mitsuru/Chie/Yukiko. Planning on experimenting with Yu and Labrys though.

One more weeeeeeek!

Turlast

Banned
cartmanfreeze.gif

Yeah this last week will be really hellish, especially with streams all over.
Might do a run through FES to tide me over

Ha. I made it a point to try and avoid watching streams, but I honestly think that's fighting a losing battle. I might go and download Persona 4 and play through that. I'm sure the time will fly!

Clipse

Picking this up on 360 since I don't have a PS3 anymore.

GT: JKL329
Mains: Mitsuru & Teddie for now

Will add everyone from the XBL list sometime tomorrow

I can't wait to get bodied this August in Jojo's.
Most people will pick lower/mid tier characters because a lot of good characters are like flipping a switch. They have no mid-level combos and the difference between what easy and hard combos look like is like Super Turbo vs Marvel 3. Shadow Dio, Avdul and Hol Horse will dominate, though.

Alucrid

Banned
Ugh it can't be worse than MvC3. My freaking left thumb was black and blue until I got a stick.

Heh, I just refuse to play pad anymore. I learned SF4 on a pad and I was never able to quite reconcile my skills with the stick. Starting fresh on MvC3 was fine though.

DR2K

Banned
Ha. I made it a point to try and avoid watching streams, but I honestly think that's fighting a losing battle. I might go and download Persona 4 and play through that. I'm sure the time will fly!

Banned for this I take it, lol.

LProtag

I was about to say something to him but I didn't know how to phrase it. It probably would just have been "uhhh, you're gonna get banned".

Oh well.

Busaiku

Most people will pick lower/mid tier characters because a lot of good characters are like flipping a switch. They have no mid-level combos and the difference between what easy and hard combos look like is like Super Turbo vs Marvel 3. Shadow Dio, Avdul and Hol Horse will dominate, though.

Most people will pick Pet Shop.

Sophia

• Parakeetman 104
    Marrshu 57
    BlackJace 55
    cj_iwakura 53
    Infinite 46
    we.are.the.armada 42
    QisTopTier 37
    Busaiku 28
    Stark 27
    darkressurection 27
    Yuripaw 26
    God's Beard 23
    onemic 23
    jello44 22
    buddha0991 22
    Snakeyes 22
    TheSeks 20

Holy shit, have I really posted that much?

.... I need to post more. >_>

Actually, I bought Persona 3 FES offf PSN. I should continue my save on that, I still haven't gotten to my favorite character yet. >.>;

K.Sabot

I honestly don't know what you guys could even talk about at this point to have so many posts.

"This game looks sick"

"I will buy this game"

"I will main this person and here is my psn"

"I wish/hope they would put in this person in the game"

That's about as much I can really think of to post about.

Geneijin

I honestly don't know what you guys could even talk about at this point to have so many posts.

"This game looks sick"

"I will buy this game"

The P4 anime sucks.

Infinite

"This game looks sick"

"I will buy this game"

If it really piques your curiosity perhaps you should read the thread and find out.

Live streams going on right now. Follow 'em

http://twitch.tv/gameoverdamage

English VA?! Now way

Top Bottom